Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35931 times)

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #555 on: November 20, 2010, 09:28:05 AM »
I seem to remember the same exact thing happening in the period between "The Chronic" and "2001."
Some of them have short term memories. :D
I pray he has another "Forgot About Dre" for all yall who feel this project is an obligation and not a choice.
;)
It's hard to accept a record once you build this image in your head about how it will sound
and then it ends up sounding nothing like you expected..

I was goin around sayin "Maybe I Don't Wanna Stop, Maybe I Don't Wanna Quit" for weeks
after they recorded vocals on that song "UP"
..many months later it "leaked" and sounded NOTHING like what I heard.

i have (reason) to believe that yall killed that record's chances at becoming a single :-X
that may be a good or bad thing for you.. depending on how u felt about the song. lol
Besides, people have strong memories attached to songs like Still DRE and it makes it harder for them to listen to these new tracks without their ridiculously high expectations. Some of them are disappointed because they "wanted it to sound like" something specific. They didn't even try to listen to it.

This is one of the reasons why I'm superior to 99% of all people.

See, I gave this another chance after I got sick of it. I even gave this a chance even though I got so sick and tired of Akon at one point that this is the first new song in like a year or so that I listen to with an Akon hook.

That last sentence doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.
I'm not saying people WILL like it if they listen to it without expecting something specific. I'm just saying they should try to do so.
At least it seems you gave it another shot. Maybe you'll like the next records.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #556 on: November 20, 2010, 09:31:08 AM »
the Instrumental to this song is freaking sick!!! as for the song as a whole im sure its part of the Detoxing theory

Mista Rosa

« Reply #557 on: November 20, 2010, 09:35:09 AM »
With Butch Cassidy on the hook (since Nate can't) it would have been a crazy song!

Shade do you know if Dre intends (in case album is still unfinished) to use old Nate vocals for Detox?
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #558 on: November 20, 2010, 10:35:11 AM »
It's hard to accept a record once you build this image in your head about how it will sound

I was goin around sayin "Maybe I Don't Wanna Stop, Maybe I Don't Wanna Quit" for weeks

i have (reason) to believe that yall killed that record's chances at becoming a single :-X
that may be a good or bad thing for you.. depending on how u felt about the song. lol

The version of Under Pressure that leaked was weak as fuck and sounded like something an amateur could come up with on protools. Its definitely good he didn't use that.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #559 on: November 20, 2010, 10:45:39 AM »
i'll tell u whut it really iz.... white people runnin' they mouth again.  i'm not sayin' becuz it's Dr. Dre niggaz are just gonna automatically accept anything that this nigga do but honestly, who's the most critical when it comes to shit like this and who's the most hypocritical and conflicted about shit like this (.... sorry i'm REALLLY NOT trying to play the race card but there's really no other explaination 4 it that i can see, somebody show me i'm wrong and if it's logically right i'll agree), even if u don't like ANY of these records that came out u can't deny that they aren't nearly as bad as people (on the internet) make it out to be just being Frank about the whole situation.  

i mean how many people are really all that bugged out becuz it's Akon on the record (since when waz Akon ever really that horrible of an artist, didn't everybody like his 1st album.... "locked up", "ghetto"... i mean really who didn't like those songs).  honestly just becuz dude is on the record doesn't mean it's all that serious.  if u ALREADY have it in your mind that u despise Akon (or better yet anything post 2000) then ur like the girl that ur trying to holla at that's never gonna fuck u... honestly.

whut you're seeing is the difference between the cultures colliding in a new day and age.  some people will like it, other's wont.  i mean imagine how many negative reactions and comments we'd see if the internet was this big (as it is today) when Def Jam 1st started puttin out records... u think label execs were fakin hard back in tha day u could only imagine how they'd react with this type of medium available back then.  

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #560 on: November 20, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »
You guys got it ALL wrong. Let me explain something to you guys. read carefully.

I can confirm to you all that think that Aftermath leaked this track to test the waters that it was an unintentional leak.
The track was finished at some point this summer and they kept it under raps until they had  to pass it to shoot the video for it. When you shoot a video, you have to send the track to the label, to the director etc. On other words, you have to let it out. And people (for example, http://twitter.com/JosephKahn/status/2636843577253888#) talked about it on twitter and facebook. They talked about "Kush" and the hackers knew what to look for. Aftermath knows exactly who hacked and sold these songs.
At first, it was supposed to premiere with the video and all the MTVs and BETs, worldwide. With some teasers and shit.

Also, earlier someone hacked Chin Injeti's twitter account (Khalil's musician and co producer) and guess what? Topless and This Is Detox leaked a week later...

Some of y'all, including many websites understood that this song was not intended for detox. That's not the case. This track was and is and always was the planned street single. When Dre called it a leak, it wasnt because he didnt want the song out, it's because they didn't release it with the videos, the way he wanted it, and also because that particular unmixed version that was sent out for video shooting purposes only was not what the fans were supposed to hear (Unmixed, as well as the ''Let me put some BEATS up in it part.'')

I know some people love to think Aftermath/Interscope love to set up some conspiracies but it's not the case.
These leaks were not Intentional.

Well, if that's the case, that means Kush is and always was intended to be used as the official first single off Detox.  And that's disheartening to know that they think this song is "first single off Detox" quality.  I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that Kush is being slapped onto the album like Crack a Bottle, but because you're saying it was always intended as the first single, it gets me reeeally worried that Detox is going to be a major letdown.  IMO, Kush is not near the quality worth being the "first single off Detox."  But since they think it is, it has me majorly concerned about the album as a whole.
i'm not really worried myself, but i can't say that i'm optimistic.
not saying Kush is bad, but i think it's on the edge

good for me.
i wouldn't mind if the song was put out for free in proper quality for those who liked the leaked versions.
Besides, people have strong memories attached to songs like Still DRE and it makes it harder for them to listen to these new tracks without their ridiculously high expectations. Some of them are disappointed because they "wanted it to sound like" something specific. They didn't even try to listen to it. Some of them want the Jay's and wayne's, some of them want typical west coast features. Some of them want the G-Funk Dre and some others say fuck that, I want something new and fresh. It can't and won't please everybody.
true.
but i remember that you once stated that Detox (instrumentalwise) will sound somewhat similar to his recent work for other artists.
i know Kush is just one song, but it doesn't remind me of any work he did for other artists.

also do you really think it's fresh? it may be different for Dre, but that doesn't make it fresh.
Timbaland for example has similar sounding stuff

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #561 on: November 20, 2010, 11:19:08 AM »
I think Akon can sing it's just that lately all his hooks sound the same and this is really really annoying

Matty

« Reply #562 on: November 20, 2010, 11:28:34 AM »
i'll tell u whut it really iz.... white people runnin' they mouth again.  i'm not sayin' becuz it's Dr. Dre niggaz are just gonna automatically accept anything that this nigga do but honestly, who's the most critical when it comes to shit like this and who's the most hypocritical and conflicted about shit like this (.... sorry i'm REALLLY NOT trying to play the race card but there's really no other explaination 4 it that i can see, somebody show me i'm wrong and if it's logically right i'll agree), even if u don't like ANY of these records that came out u can't deny that they aren't nearly as bad as people (on the internet) make it out to be just being Frank about the whole situation.  

welcome to the internet.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #563 on: November 20, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »
So obviously multiple songs have been leaked so far, many of which were prolly attempts at getting one to catch traction and therefore be the lead single. You can't tell me joints featuring Jay, Nas, TI, etc werent recorded with thoughts they could potentially be a smash single.

Problem is, those joints missed the mark. On paper, you'd think Jay and Dre would blow up. I'm sure the execs thought they couldn't go wrong.

So finally, they go for broke and put Snoop and Akon on a record. But it's just like the other records. Snoop actually flows nice on here, but that's really the only thing going for this song.

Dre is following the execs scripts and making beats that sound like something Lady Gaga would be on or something. It's like he's copy catting the sound on all the wack ass clear channel radio stations.

And I think even Dre is doubting this project. Just a month or 2 ago, he was saying this won't be anticipointment. Now he recently says that he hopes people aren't disappointed. Like his confidence isn't really there.

It's too bad too. I think the beats he did on Obie Trices debut were innovative and a natural progression from 2001. But it's like that album didn't do crazy numbers so he ditched that sound. Outta control rmx was the last Dre beat I was really feelin, and that's like 5 years ago.

Oh well, Dre is a rich dude and honestly I hope interscope loses hella money on this project. The quicker the major labels die the better.

Peace

Matty

« Reply #564 on: November 20, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »
It's too bad too. I think the beats he did on Obie Trices debut were innovative and a natural progression from 2001. But it's like that album didn't do crazy numbers so he ditched that sound. Outta control rmx was the last Dre beat I was really feelin, and that's like 5 years ago.

Oh well, Dre is a rich dude and honestly I hope interscope loses hella money on this project. The quicker the major labels die the better.

Peace

:banana: and agreed. i was checkin' Dawaun Parker's ustream show yesterday and the beats he was playing were completely next level. not that this track hasn't got a pretty banging beat, just the direction of the joint is cliche and kinda sloppy. a big dent in dre's usual standards, imo.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #565 on: November 20, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »

Peace

:banana: and agreed. i was checkin' Dawaun Parker's ustream show yesterday and the beats he was playing were completely next level. not that this track hasn't got a pretty banging beat, just the direction of the joint is cliche and kinda sloppy. a big dent in dre's usual standards, imo.
awww shiiit. i missed Dawaun Parker's ustream. what did i miss?

Matty

« Reply #566 on: November 20, 2010, 12:03:54 PM »

Peace

awww shiiit. i missed Dawaun Parker's ustream. what did i miss?

just absolutely phenomenal sounding beats, shit that makes this kush track sound very ordinary. the shit he is cooking up is just damn fresh and banging. next level.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #567 on: November 20, 2010, 12:13:25 PM »
please say you ripped them!

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #568 on: November 20, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »
I didn't think "Still DRE" was that groundbreaking at 1st either.. and look how that project turned out..  8)

Word, when Still DRE came out it was hated on for a few reasons (which is funny that kids today think it's this iron-clad classic that was hailed as the second coming right from the get-go, because it wasn't)

Things I remember people saying about Still DRE at the time -

-Beat was too simple and sparse compared to older Dre beats which had more percussion, more live instruments throughout the track
-It had a too "synthy" feel, where most of the main instruments were all on synths, instead of live sounding bass guitar, rhythm guitar, flute, etc like before
-The main melody was just two piano notes over and over... people also said it sounded like a RZA kinda beat at the time (not the mixing, but the tunes)
-People dissed the video because it was Hype Williams and he was doing every single rap video then, so it just looked like another rap video, the way it was shot
-Dre went back to talking about guns, cars, bitches, right after he had been saying he had Been There, Done That

It did turn out to be one of the best tracks on the album, but people WERE disappointed with it when it first dropped, because it didn't really bring anything new to the table.

I prefer Still DRE to Kush, but I would not be surprised at all if in 10 years kids are like "oh man, I hope this new song is as good as 'Kush', because that shit was classic"

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #569 on: November 20, 2010, 12:31:38 PM »
I didn't think "Still DRE" was that groundbreaking at 1st either.. and look how that project turned out..  8)

Word, when Still DRE came out it was hated on for a few reasons (which is funny that kids today think it's this iron-clad classic that was hailed as the second coming right from the get-go, because it wasn't)

Things I remember people saying about Still DRE at the time -

-Beat was too simple and sparse compared to older Dre beats which had more percussion, more live instruments throughout the track
-It had a too "synthy" feel, where most of the main instruments were all on synths, instead of live sounding bass guitar, rhythm guitar, flute, etc like before
-The main melody was just two piano notes over and over... people also said it sounded like a RZA kinda beat at the time (not the mixing, but the tunes)
-People dissed the video because it was Hype Williams and he was doing every single rap video then, so it just looked like another rap video, the way it was shot
-Dre went back to talking about guns, cars, bitches, right after he had been saying he had Been There, Done That

It did turn out to be one of the best tracks on the album, but people WERE disappointed with it when it first dropped, because it didn't really bring anything new to the table.

I prefer Still DRE to Kush, but I would not be surprised at all if in 10 years kids are like "oh man, I hope this new song is as good as 'Kush', because that shit was classic"

I hope the album is not about Weed and gangsta stuff like the last 2 albums, im expecting something new fresh, I want a musical experience