Author Topic: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio  (Read 35914 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #570 on: November 20, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »
i dunno, the first time i heard still dre it slapped me in the face and i fell in love with it right away.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Dr Dre - Kush Feat Snoop Dogg, Kobe and Akon (1st Single off DETOX!) - Audio
« Reply #571 on: November 20, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »
It's too bad too. I think the beats he did on Obie Trices debut were innovative and a natural progression from 2001. But it's like that album didn't do crazy numbers so he ditched that sound. Outta control rmx was the last Dre beat I was really feelin, and that's like 5 years ago.

Oh well, Dre is a rich dude and honestly I hope interscope loses hella money on this project. The quicker the major labels die the better.

Peace

:banana: and agreed. i was checkin' Dawaun Parker's ustream show yesterday and the beats he was playing were completely next level. not that this track hasn't got a pretty banging beat, just the direction of the joint is cliche and kinda sloppy. a big dent in dre's usual standards, imo.
i prefer Lost over Kush

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #572 on: November 20, 2010, 12:43:05 PM »
i dunno, the first time i heard still dre it slapped me in the face and i fell in love with it right away.

Word, I mean a lot of people did like it right away, it's just that lot of long-time Dre fans had complaints with the song... I think people forget or don't know that

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #573 on: November 20, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »

Average track to me, the production on Cheers was way better than this, if this wasn't Dre, most of you would call this average to I reckon but instead you attach more value to it just because it's Dre.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #574 on: November 20, 2010, 01:22:24 PM »

Average track to me, the production on Cheers was way better than this, if this wasn't Dre, most of you would call this average to I reckon but instead you attach more value to it just because it's Dre.
yeah well, i feel better when i hear a track like that from Dre instead of somebody else.. that only shows that nobody (i know its not just me, dont even argue) is objective

Kurupt1607

« Reply #575 on: November 20, 2010, 01:25:53 PM »
I feel same, btw "Still D.R.E." was the 1st song who introduced me strictly to Hip-Hop, like a slap in my face.

You can't compare this with "Kush", the song is not bad, good to hear Dre and Snoop together again. But Akon part really sucks and even if i like the beat, it sounds like 2001 ish, Dre said the whole album was different of "Kush", i hope so...

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #576 on: November 20, 2010, 01:35:52 PM »
Talking about what you want an artist to create musically is one of the lamest and most futile things you can do. When I listen to music, I want to hear something that is obviously a snapshot of the creative mind state of an artist. Think about all of the most classic hip hop albums. It's easy to tell that a vast majority of these albums were created with very little regard for what "fans" wanted to hear. Also, if someone wants to make pop-oriented music, that doesn't mean that it's necessarily being forced just to please people. If pop music is what sounds and feels good to an artist, and he/she genuinely wants to create that music, it will be evident in the final product. It works in the opposite way, also. An "underground" or "dark" album made just for the sake of moving in a direction that people want you to move will sound contrived.

What I fear is that Dre is succumbing the pressure of making music to please an external group of people. The best of his most recent work was material not created to be a single or fit in with the current sound. That's why I like the music on Relapse so much - it feels like Dre and his team were just creating music that they enjoyed without really thinking about what the reaction to it would be. Same can be said of Eminem between Relapse and Recovery. The latter definitely gave off the vibe that he was trying to cater to the wants of fans and critics.

Detox will suffer if Dre tries to listen to either crowds wanting trendier music or crowds wanting traditional westcoast hip hop.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #577 on: November 20, 2010, 01:42:40 PM »
Talking about what you want an artist to create musically is one of the lamest and most futile things you can do. When I listen to music, I want to hear something that is obviously a snapshot of the creative mind state of an artist. Think about all of the most classic hip hop albums. It's easy to tell that a vast majority of these albums were created with very little regard for what "fans" wanted to hear. Also, if someone wants to make pop-oriented music, that doesn't mean that it's necessarily being forced just to please people. If pop music is what sounds and feels good to an artist, and he/she genuinely wants to create that music, it will be evident in the final product. It works in the opposite way, also. An "underground" or "dark" album made just for the sake of moving in a direction that people want you to move will sound contrived.

What I fear is that Dre is succumbing the pressure of making music to please an external group of people. The best of his most recent work was material not created to be a single or fit in with the current sound. That's why I like the music on Relapse so much - it feels like Dre and his team were just creating music that they enjoyed without really thinking about what the reaction to it would be. Same can be said of Eminem between Relapse and Recovery. The latter definitely gave off the vibe that he was trying to cater to the wants of fans and critics.

Detox will suffer if Dre tries to listen to either crowds wanting trendier music or crowds wanting traditional westcoast hip hop.

that's so true to a T'.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #578 on: November 20, 2010, 02:32:11 PM »

good point

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #579 on: November 20, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »
I don't see the comparison between Kush and "every other song on the radio", can someone show me a beat on the radio that sounds like Kush?

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #580 on: November 20, 2010, 02:35:11 PM »
I don't see the comparison between Kush and "every other song on the radio", can someone show me a beat on the radio that sounds like Kush?

funny you say that I was thinking the same thing, I tried to do a new mix with all the current singles and none of them sounded like it

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #581 on: November 20, 2010, 02:38:21 PM »

nothing.  it's just people who know it all but haven't listened to a damn thing whatsoever.  it's just like my homie Paul (on here) said about tha new Soulja Boy/50 Cent record sounding like the Three 6 Mafia record when actually nothin about that song sounded even remotely similar (not 1 of the lyrics were even taken at that).  that wasn't a shot at Paul at all but it was just an example.  people (old heads) do that shit all of the time and end up looking dumb when they finally discover that they were wrong (ex.  jeezy's skills).  

its like the complete opposite of whut you'd read on sites, it's more like the old heads aren't listening and the young heads are and either genuinely don't like it or do like it but accept that it's tha greatest thing in the world and PREFER other music).

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #582 on: November 20, 2010, 02:50:15 PM »
Why people hating? What did you actually expect? This song is fresh, lots of variety, well thought out. Best rap single I've heard in years. BANGINNNNN

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #583 on: November 20, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »
Why people hating? What did you actually expect? This song is fresh, lots of variety, well thought out. Best rap single I've heard in years. BANGINNNNN

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #584 on: November 20, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »
i stilll like to know why this song is fresh.