Author Topic: Detox Set for February, Kush Video in a Month, Jay/Em/Game/more to Feature  (Read 1964 times)

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Detox Set for February, Kush Video in a Month, Jay/Em/Game/more to Feature
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
I'm gonna log onto allhiphop one day, and its gonna be like exclusively interview with bishop lamont... allhiphop: do u think that the best 13 detox tracks were picked for the album. Bishop: fuck no! the label picked those songs.

Mmm....  Possible but I hope your wrong.  Logically you would think the label would have somehow pushed this during the past ten years it was rumored to come out.  
Why would Dre all of a suddenly cave and do this now in 2010?  I don't believe it.  I think Dre has the clout to do what Dre wants, whenever he wants...  

lol, true. Then maybe it was Dre that decided you know what i just want this to be a completely mainstream hip-hop album that conforms to whatever trends are going on now. sigh....

Stan

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 12:31:32 PM »
lol, true. Then maybe it was Dre that decided you know what i just want this to be a completely mainstream hip-hop album that conforms to whatever trends are going on now. sigh....

This is non-sense... what makes you think you know who is going to be on Dre's album?  Just cuz you read some phony press-release?
We've been hearing bullshit news and rumors for ten years, when I hear it I'll believe it.

I mean why would you believe this hype when the man himself was on the radio two days ago saying the tracklist was being kept hush.  Don't believe everything you read on the internet...

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 12:55:46 PM »
la roux is so fucking annoying...

shes also one of the most atrocious things ive ever laid eyes on...

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 02:37:15 PM »
Dre gotta go commercial route

Chronic had a bunch of unknowns on it at the time, Snoop had only been on Deep Cover, the others hadn't been on anything much

When he launched Eminem, dude was utterly underground up until that point

So it's odd now that Dre feels he has to get a bunch of "big names" on it, or making it fit into what's currently hot,
because before his whole thing was he MADE what was hot, instead of following it

I always got the impression in the past that Dre just made things that really impressed HIMSELF, and because he was hard to please and had good taste, it ended up being dope to a lot of people.
I get the impression now though that Dre is trying to impress other people first, and himself second

I_ThePope_I

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »

Chronic had a bunch of unknowns on it at the time, Snoop had only been on Deep Cover, the others hadn't been on anything much

So it's odd now that Dre feels he has to get a bunch of "big names" on it, or making it fit into what's currently hot,
because before his whole thing was he MADE what was hot, instead of following it

I always got the impression in the past that Dre just made things that really impressed HIMSELF, and because he was hard to please and had good taste, it ended up being dope to a lot of people.
I get the impression now though that Dre is trying to impress other people first, and himself second
+motherfuckin' 1

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 02:47:39 PM »
multiple Detox Covers for his single ?
the one in my sig is from the Promo CDS

EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2010, 02:48:25 PM »

true, feel same way, specially bout how he was back in the day.. maybe hes under pressure now and cant focus and pleasin him, he just want to please other people that waited for detox that long.. wonder does he even care

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 02:50:01 PM »
multiple Detox Covers for his single ?
the one in my sig is from the Promo CDS
The one in your sig isn't the real one. This is just a screencap. The one you posted is the real one.

Suga Foot

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 02:56:03 PM »
I didn't know who La Roux was, then I saw the youtube vid, and realized that I hear that song like 5 times a day on the radio lol

Jimmy H.

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »
This album is gonna suck so much.

A cast of label picked, mainstream artists, signing and rapping over beats that Dre didn't make.

Like seriously. I'm actually disappointed.

It would be nice to hear some dope west coast hip-hop beats with dope west coast rappers on them.
Dissapointed? In a press release? Love how it's got you so bugged that you not only know what it sounds like but you can predict what an Internet hip hop site is going to write about it.

I'm kind of looking at that bright side. No matter how good or bad Detox is, when it finally gets released and we get the six months of goddamn critiques and feedback, we'll finally forever be done with the endless bitching about GUEST FEATURES!!! Nobody but Dre could inspire pages upon pages of grown men complaining about which artists are gonna be featured on an album. All off a title and a few interviews.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 03:48:39 PM »
Dre also said on the big boy interview that a lot of the same people from the first 2 albums will be on this one. Like many have stated we've heard bunk rumors for the last 10 years so i aint buyin into any of the album info until the album actually drops. Im not expecting this album to be near as good as chronic or 2001 but im almost positive it will be ten times better then the mainstream hip hop crap thats out currently.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2010, 12:52:51 AM »
This album probably will tarnish Dre legacy... Akon , Beyonce ? WACK .... As said in previous posts Dre used to set the trends with his 1st two CDs , it seems he's going to follow them on Detox ....  at least garbage like Gaga, BEP or David Guetta do not seem to make the cut ..

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 01:18:35 AM »
This album probably will tarnish Dre legacy... Akon , Beyonce ? WACK .... As said in previous posts Dre used to set the trends with his 1st two CDs , it seems he's going to follow them on Detox ....  at least garbage like Gaga, BEP or David Guetta do not seem to make the cut ..
As I said before, what do guest features have to do with setting trends? I think West Coast heads are getting way too stuck up about this shit. Dre's camp has been fucking with Akon for close to 5 years now so it's not like they just threw him on there because he's hot. I'm starting to think half this forum would buy a blank CD as long as the album cover had great features listed on the tracklist.

Lucifuge

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2010, 01:27:04 AM »
Akon is hot. what he's last smash shit? track with eminem?
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 03:35:03 AM »
As I said before, what do guest features have to do with setting trends? I think West Coast heads are getting way too stuck up about this shit. Dre's camp has been fucking with Akon for close to 5 years now so it's not like they just threw him on there because he's hot. I'm starting to think half this forum would buy a blank CD as long as the album cover had great features listed on the tracklist.
well i'm sure it played a role

the guest features is one thing, but now he's also copying a sound