Author Topic: Crooked I Quitting Hiphop Weeklys  (Read 1138 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Crooked I Quitting Hiphop Weeklys
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2010, 04:29:54 PM »
well MC Hammer has more albums so he must be better huh? ;)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »
this revival is pathetic, good thing he ended it.  One of the reasons it sucked so bad, besides his tired rhymes, his beat selection was just  :monkey_piss:
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
Crookeds dope, theres no denying that, but I'm glad he stopped doing this. He shouldn't of started it again in the first place, he achieved everything he could with the first one, and this was just like beating a dead horse to try get his buzz going again.

Homie just needs to knuckle down, make a smash and get BOSS in stores. His EP's are dope, I really dug a lot of the joints on Planet C.O.B. vol. 1, but he needs to get a full length in stores, just to shut the haters up at least.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2010, 10:15:05 PM »
The sad reality is, whether any one wants to admit it or not, is that Hip-Hop Weekly was a failure compared to Hip-Hop Weekly because others in the game took the weekly style to a higher level and he couldn't compete.  Artist are releasing quality songs that become singles on the radio and crooked is just freestyling over those beats.  Impressive this time around?  No.

If he had stepped up his game and started releasing full length songs he could've garnered attraction, instead he went for the same gig but it got played out after the first track he attempted to revive it with. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dnjp4life

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 06:02:17 AM »
Crookeds dope, theres no denying that, but I'm glad he stopped doing this. He shouldn't of started it again in the first place, he achieved everything he could with the first one, and this was just like beating a dead horse to try get his buzz going again.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.  I said this when he first announced the reloaded series.  There's only so much you can rap about after all...

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2010, 06:51:15 AM »
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MUSIC CROOK!

Crooked I >>>>

Most consistent dude in hip-hop today!!!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »
via twitter.

TheRealCrookedI

I'm droppin the last HHWR today..Too many rappers swagger-jackin.. Make sure yall check it out.. Thanx for the support #OKBYE
8 minutes ago via web

thank God.
sounds like a bitch too me.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »
via twitter.

TheRealCrookedI

I'm droppin the last HHWR today..Too many rappers swagger-jackin.. Make sure yall check it out.. Thanx for the support #OKBYE
8 minutes ago via web

thank God.

So which rappers weekly series........was the one that threw crooked I's off balance....which one got to him?

He is just lying making an excuse....there are no other rappers that copied him to the point that it would disturb his series...
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2010, 08:19:12 AM »
via twitter.

TheRealCrookedI

8 minutes ago via web

thank God.

So which rappers weekly series........was the one that threw crooked I's off balance....which one got to him?

He is just lying making an excuse....there are no other rappers that copied him to the point that it would disturb his series...

to be fair a lot of people were praising Kanye for being dead original, and innovative with his series. which must have been a pain in the ass

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2010, 08:38:19 AM »
The thing is Kane's are far more ORIGINAL than anything Crooked I has done.  Sorry if it hurts to read that but it's true.  What Kanye does Crooked I probably can't afford to do. They're releasing all original produciton, mixed, and usually mastered to some degree with a variety of different artists some ranging from new cats to old school legends (pete rock production).  Crooked I couldn't handle the heat and he bowed down.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 08:59:29 AM »
The thing is Kane's are far more ORIGINAL than anything Crooked I has done.  Sorry if it hurts to read that but it's true.  What Kanye does Crooked I probably can't afford to do. They're releasing all original produciton, mixed, and usually mastered to some degree with a variety of different artists some ranging from new cats to old school legends (pete rock production).  Crooked I couldn't handle the heat and he bowed down.

lmao @ the haters on here, just hating to be trendy

Kanye's music sucks dick man
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2010, 09:25:48 AM »
The sad reality is, whether any one wants to admit it or not, is that Hip-Hop Weekly was a failure compared to Hip-Hop Weekly because others in the game took the weekly style to a higher level and he couldn't compete.  Artist are releasing quality songs that become singles on the radio and crooked is just freestyling over those beats.  Impressive this time around?  No.

If he had stepped up his game and started releasing full length songs he could've garnered attraction, instead he went for the same gig but it got played out after the first track he attempted to revive it with. 

This. He should raise the bar again by releasing an album every week.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2010, 11:43:31 AM »
thanks for answering........so the story is Kanye's series .......which i have heard nothing about....disturbed the big Crook.....
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 04:09:54 PM »
How do you guys know Crooked didn't just say that because he didn't feel like doing it anymore?

Why does his reasonings have to be inferred as something negative towards him? "He gave up", "He can't compete with Kanye", etc.

I love his Weekly's but it's no secret that this series isn't as dope as the last series.

Could be working on an album, could be working with Slaughterhouse, could just want a break.

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »

some of you haters on here are hilarious for real ...

Crooked I STARTED this Hiphop Weekly trend and everyone copied him.

when he was making waves & getting props for it, you retards came with "fuck releasing freestyles of others beats, make an album etc etc"

now that he is resting the 2nd series of HHW to work on the Slaughterhouse album, you whinge again asking why is he stopping giving away free music?

original beats or not, the guy has released more quality music than most other artists in the past couple of years. As fans of Hiphop, be thankful you got so much quality FREE music from him ... HHW was for the fans, for Hiphop ... remember that.