Author Topic: OnSmash shut down by ICE  (Read 453 times)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
OnSmash shut down by ICE
« on: November 26, 2010, 01:12:06 AM »

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: OnSmash shut down by ICE
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 07:19:50 PM »
rapgodfathers.com

&

dajaz1 or some shit got it too

With RGF they started tracking them the april the year they started the site which means forever now.

It basically means if you're going down the illegal route don't use serves in the US or UK for that matter.

I've heard rumour they're might be more than than meet the eye for RGF.  Some say the mods and creators were more involved in illegal activity than most knew
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 07:31:30 PM »
like white slavery?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MistaNova

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 10:24:15 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKss2uYpih8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YKss2uYpih8</a>

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YKss2uYpih8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YKss2uYpih8</a>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 12:44:08 AM »
RGF is up & running  :D :D

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 06:33:13 AM »
2012 illuminati............. its starting NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0000000000000000ooooooo!
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 08:59:31 AM »
It could still be a Hoax - we've done it before when we did the RIAA thing which went viral and drove immense interest and traffic but equally it might not be as there are many sites - specifically blogs that flaunt the rules and think they will get away with it and dont adhere to cease and decist messages from labels and artists...most have no agreements in place with artists/labels/pr agencies to drop content they just drop links using zshare etc and ride the influx of traffic and eventually the links are deleted/time out.

See how this plays out i guess!

We've done a huge amount of work to ensure we are contracted/in agreement with any parties for music we release - hence why we host it on our own servers forever so no one has to experience "filesharing links," risks to security or dead links. We've also done all possible to keep the forum itself protected by stopping as much illegal material as possible from being posted.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

JohnnyL

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 10:38:31 AM »
 Crazy stuff.  Yeah, that article in the link seems to suggest this could all be a hoax.  I mean, the home page at RGFs looked official to me, but what do I know.  The question I would ask though, is if this is a hoax, what would be the purpose of perpetrating the hoax ? 

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
The question I would ask though, is if this is a hoax, what would be the purpose of perpetrating the hoax ? 

when we did it in jan 2006 with the RIAA it was to get the internet buzzing virally to drive traffic before we announced we'd merge wc2k under dubcnn and did a full site relaunch, it was hugely effective!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

JohnnyL

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 02:04:38 PM »
The question I would ask though, is if this is a hoax, what would be the purpose of perpetrating the hoax ? 

when we did it in jan 2006 with the RIAA it was to get the internet buzzing virally to drive traffic before we announced we'd merge wc2k under dubcnn and did a full site relaunch, it was hugely effective!

Interesting.  Well, considering RGFs is already up and running at a different site, I suppose that it could have been done for the same reason.  I guess there is a school of thought that there is no such thing as bad publicity.  But on the other hand, you would think something like that might scare some people away.

KWayz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »
Im not going to that site anymore....

JohnnyL

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 08:44:02 PM »
Im not going to that site anymore....

Me neither.  I used to go there from time to time, mostly back in the day, but I'm not going to go anymore.  Not that it would probably make much of a difference, but even still, I'm not going.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 12:50:15 AM »
It wasn't a hoax, close to 30 sites were taken down, a lot of them not music related, but games/movies as well. This had been planned by the ICE for a long time as it seems. Shame really, cause OnSmash was one of my daily go-to sites , they supported the artists and as far as I know their content always came from artists/labels so they were in no way a bootleg site like RGF.