Author Topic: Is a car that was used as a "fleet" vehicle bad to buy?  (Read 122 times)

automobileuk

• Lil Geezy
Is a car that was used as a "fleet" vehicle bad to buy?
« on: December 06, 2010, 01:53:21 AM »
Personally, I have no issue with rental cars. I have bought several, and they have typically been decent cars. Rentals are typically maintained better than private party cars. They are inspected more often. Granted, you never know how it was driven - but you never know that on ANY used car.
===============================================
buy lease car

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Is a car that was used as a "fleet" vehicle bad to buy?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 02:35:17 PM »
Personally, I would never buy a rental car.  At least with a used car, you can figure out who owned it, and more than likely you'll get to meet the previous owner (if you buy private party) so you can get an idea as far as the kind of person the driver was and how they maintained it.  Rental cars have probably been driver by tons of people who didn't give a shit about the car (other than not crashing it).  Rental car companies don't always do the necessary maintenance beyond what is necessary (wear-and-tear parts, oil changes, etc.) because they know that the car is going to get sold once it hits a certain age or mileage anyway.

On the bright side, they are usually less expensive to buy, as they're usually already sold to a rental car company at a discounted price anyway (so they can ask for less to begin with).

By the way, is that link something for your company that I assume you're advertising since it's your only post?

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is a car that was used as a "fleet" vehicle bad to buy?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »
lol, these bots are class.