Author Topic: Amare establishing himself as a legit MVP candidate this year so far  (Read 203 times)

OG Hack Wilson

26+ ppg and 9 rebounds per game

he may just be a better scoring big man than Ewing...granted he lacks Ewing's overall game
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Amare establishing himself as a legit MVP candidate this year so far
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:02:30 PM »
Eh, fuck the Knicks success so far. They beat a bunch of shitty teams.

If they win two games this month vs. the Celtics, Heat (X2), Thunder or Bulls, I'll be impressed.

& on top of that, D'Antoni use to win 55+ games a season with Amare & that run & gun style of play & it always came up flat against good teams in the playoffs; I think the same shit will happen to the Knicks when they run into the Magic, Heat or Celtics.

But yeah, Amare is playing his ass off right now.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:04:23 PM »

If they win two games this month vs. the Celtics, Heat (X2), Thunder or Bulls, I'll be impressed.

& on top of that, D'Antoni use to win 55+ games a season with Amare & that run & gun style of play & it always came up flat against good teams in the playoffs; I think the same shit will happen to the Knicks when they run into the Magic, Heat or Celtics.

well you can only beat who you play at this point but the NBA evens itself out in the long run

Amare is scoring 30 points AT WILL on teams though thats the crazy thing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:10:39 PM »

well you can only beat who you play at this point but the NBA evens itself out in the long run

Amare is scoring 30 points AT WILL on teams though thats the crazy thing

He will not have more than 25 against Boston this Wednesday or I'd at least bet against that.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 09:32:44 PM »
Amare has no choice but to put 26 and 9 up a night. I got over 100 million reasons why lol.

But the Knicks have looked impressive. Bench has stepped up and Felton is playing out of his mind too. Like Cham said put numbers up against Miami, Boston or Orlando and win, and they are on their way. This week will go a long way in showing where they will be.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 02:28:14 AM »
Amare always has been a scoring machine , no news here ... as Cham said this team is Dantoni Suns like and will be destroyed by the elite teams who can play defense and control the tempo i.e playing a halfcourt game...  I'm impressed by Fields game though , his decision making is veteran like whereas he's just a rookie ... could become a very solid role player on a contender

theremedy360

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 09:38:04 AM »
You can thank Mike's up tempo system for that one.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 12:31:23 PM »
People here discredit the Suns too much. They could have beaten the Spurs if it wasn't for Horry's flagrant on Nash. I personally think they would have beaten them without that. And then, the road to the title would have been fairly open. They win this title and nobody can talk shit anymore about how the system is shit.

The Knicks, however, are not nearly as good as the Suns used to be.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

'EclipZe

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »
Just wait untill carmello arrives.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 12:41:03 PM »
The Knicks, however, are not nearly as good as the Suns used to be.

Yeah, I was just going to say, they don't have Steve Nash running the show though lol.

Although Raymond Felton is playing his ass off as of now.