Author Topic: Yankees Don't Get Lee But...  (Read 133 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yankees Don't Get Lee But...
« on: December 14, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »
they pick up Prior!

Yankees To Sign Mark Prior
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [December 14 at 5:34pm CST]

It's not Cliff Lee, but the Yankees have added a big-name pitcher. The team agreed to sign Mark Prior to a minor league deal, according to ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick (on Twitter). Prior will earn $750K in the major leagues and could earn $750K more in incentives, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (on Twitter).

The Rangers and Yankees were the finalists for Prior, who pitched in Texas' system last year, but has not appeared in a major league game since 2006. He'll be reunited with former Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild in New York.

The Yankees selected Prior 43rd overall in the 1998 draft, but were unable to sign him. The Cubs drafted him second overall in 2001 and he soon became one of the National League's best pitchers. He posted a 2.43 ERA with 10.4 K/9 and 2.1 BB/9 as a 22-year-old just a year and a half after being drafted.

A series of shoulder problems derailed Prior's career, but he has tried to resurrect it with stints in the Padres' and Rangers' systems.

Makes sense to me, they have the money and this is peanuts to them, why not take a chance on Prior resurrecting himself?

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Yankees Don't Get Lee But...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 07:53:14 PM »
Ain't happenin but I wish him the best of luck

I want Grienke, even if he has the anxiety issues.    i like his upside
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Yankees Don't Get Lee But...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 09:50:04 AM »
I like it. Imagine he comes back in full form. I'd bug out lol.