Author Topic: I'm out of gangsta movies... any suggestions???  (Read 1295 times)

Paul

Re: I'm out of gangsta movies... any suggestions???
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 07:39:34 AM »
Road To Perdition is a REALLY good movie that is highly underrated.

Tom Hanks is great
funkyfreshintheflesh

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 07:51:51 AM »
Road To Perdition is a REALLY good movie that is highly underrated.

Agreed.

Also, The Town was the best gangsta flick to come out in a while.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 06:46:14 PM »
I highly recommend "El Infierno"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1692190/

Mexico's best movie since Amores Perros, if you don't count Pan's Labyrinth. 

Mista Rosa

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 03:52:53 AM »
Just watched Fargo, with Buscemi. Not the conventional gangsta movie, but it's a cool movie. I enjoyed it. I'll watch road to perdition and the town next.
If i can get it, i'll try that mexican movie.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

The Predator

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 08:13:50 AM »
Blood In, Blood Out (Vatos locos!)

French Connection I n II (Gene Hackman)

The Outfit (Robert Duvall)

Point Blank (Lee Marvin)

Get Carter (Michael Caine)

Add some foreign gangster movies to the list like Mesrine I n II, Prophet and Infernal Affairs (Departed is based on it).

David Gutterman

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 04:22:06 AM »

A young Arab man is sent to a French prison where he becomes a mafia kingpin.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 06:01:59 AM »

A young Arab man is sent to a French prison where he becomes a mafia kingpin.

been trying to download this for a while, but couldnt remember the name...good looks  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Trip Dee

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »
From the classic 30's movies with Cagney, Robinson, Paul Muni, to The Sopranos, to the classics like Goodfellas, The Godfather, Scarface, to the black movies lik New Jack City (wack btw) and Menace 2 Society i feel like i've watched them all!

So what are your suggestions?????

i haven't noticed you wrote that before. why you think so? i love this movie...

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 10:12:37 AM »
Just watched Fargo, with Buscemi. Not the conventional gangsta movie, but it's a cool movie. I enjoyed it. I'll watch road to perdition and the town next.

Fargo is one of the greatest movies of all times, doesnt have anything to do with gangster movies tho :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Mista Rosa

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 01:32:23 PM »
From the classic 30's movies with Cagney, Robinson, Paul Muni, to The Sopranos, to the classics like Goodfellas, The Godfather, Scarface, to the black movies lik New Jack City (wack btw) and Menace 2 Society i feel like i've watched them all!

So what are your suggestions?????

i haven't noticed you wrote that before. why you think so? i love this movie...

I mean it was ok but too scarface wannabe in my opinion. And acting wasn't very good. Scarface is not what you would call a great movie but the acting in it make you wanna watch it again and again. I was just not feeling the characters in NJC. But i watched it while watching "the wire", so maybe there was too much contrast, i was in "realistic stuff" mood.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »

Fargo is one of the greatest movies of all times, doesnt have anything to do with gangster movies tho :)

Yeah not a gangster movie but it was labelized like it on the dvd covers. The "gangster" appelation is a lil bit over used. But yeah a very good movie!

I've watched road to perdition. A good movie, even if the end was a bit predictable. Too bad every actors wasn't on Tom Hanks level. I've always thaught that Paul Newman was an overrated actor but he was good in that movie. So i've enjoyed that movie but it won't get replays like the godfather, the goodfellas and the Sopranos..

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 03:50:44 AM »

Yeah not a gangster movie but it was labelized like it on the dvd covers. The "gangster" appelation is a lil bit over used. But yeah a very good movie!

I've watched road to perdition. A good movie, even if the end was a bit predictable. Too bad every actors wasn't on Tom Hanks level. I've always thaught that Paul Newman was an overrated actor but he was good in that movie. So i've enjoyed that movie but it won't get replays like the godfather, the goodfellas and the Sopranos..

Jude Law was great in it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »
Gomorrah.

fette_chico

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »
Chopper with Eric Bana (Australian movie) gangsta and funny shit must see if you havent i would be interested to hear what a foreigner thinks of it

dijufos

• Lil Geezy
  • By Order of King Qobra
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 01:29:34 AM »
City Of God
you cant go wrong with that.

I didn't want to suggest it without checking to see if somebody thought about it.  Yeeeah That's my sh@#
And you don't stop.  Even if you got mental problems...
www.hoodedqobra.com/sofujid