Author Topic: Green Lantern  (Read 1153 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Green Lantern
« on: December 18, 2010, 01:17:46 PM »
Movie looks sick... the begining of the preview looks ok but then shit realy kicks in!!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Green Lantern
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 04:17:47 PM »
The trailer actually let me down a bit. Looked like a Marvel film, and I don't like Marvel films. That being said they're probably looking to make it like Iron Man. We'll see if it turns out that way.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »
The trailer actually let me down a bit. Looked like a Marvel film, and I don't like Marvel films. That being said they're probably looking to make it like Iron Man. We'll see if it turns out that way.

i feel you...the comedy and choice of actor felt very marvel

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 06:25:23 AM »
At least that if it sucks both Marvel and DC have set precedence by revamping failures a couple years later. Hulk and the upcoming Superman.

JohnnyL

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 10:10:28 AM »
Yeah.  The tone of the trailer was a little light for my taste.  The effects looked cool and I thought the Green Lanterns that they showed on Oa as well as Abin Sur looked cool.  I don't mind the casting of Ryan Reynolds, but I hope they're not trying to make the movie too funny.  The joking attitude works with Tony Stark because it fits the character.  But I've never really thought of Hal Jordan as having that kind of personality.  Guy Gardner, yes.  But not Jordan.  At any rate, this has to at least turn out better than that "Green Lantern" movie they were proposing a few years ago that was supposed to be campy and have Jack Black in the lead as Hal Jordan.  God, that would have been such a train wreck.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 08:55:34 PM »
Yeah.  The tone of the trailer was a little light for my taste.  The effects looked cool and I thought the Green Lanterns that they showed on Oa as well as Abin Sur looked cool.  I don't mind the casting of Ryan Reynolds, but I hope they're not trying to make the movie too funny.  The joking attitude works with Tony Stark because it fits the character.  But I've never really thought of Hal Jordan as having that kind of personality.  Guy Gardner, yes.  But not Jordan.  At any rate, this has to at least turn out better than that "Green Lantern" movie they were proposing a few years ago that was supposed to be campy and have Jack Black in the lead as Hal Jordan.  God, that would have been such a train wreck.

That's why Reynolds as Gardner with Cooper as Hal would have been perfect. You can even write a new style of story to better fir a film trilogy, because the Geoff Johns stuff I don't think would translate all that well on screen with in a 2 hour or so time frame for each arc. You kind of mold the Raynor and Gardner characters into one and make Jordan into Paralax by the third film.

Do a top Gun style theme where they are rival pilots, and upon saying that I realize that if they had made a GL film in the 80s Val Kilmer would have been a solid Hal Jordan. Hal gets the ring with Guy realizing by first film's end that it just as easily could have been him who got it. Kind of a dick about it but lovable at the same time. Ah well, what do I know?

JohnnyL

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 09:05:51 AM »

That's why Reynolds as Gardner with Cooper as Hal would have been perfect. You can even write a new style of story to better fir a film trilogy, because the Geoff Johns stuff I don't think would translate all that well on screen with in a 2 hour or so time frame for each arc. You kind of mold the Raynor and Gardner characters into one and make Jordan into Paralax by the third film.

Do a top Gun style theme where they are rival pilots, and upon saying that I realize that if they had made a GL film in the 80s Val Kilmer would have been a solid Hal Jordan. Hal gets the ring with Guy realizing by first film's end that it just as easily could have been him who got it. Kind of a dick about it but lovable at the same time. Ah well, what do I know?

Yeah.  The Geoff John's stuff is well written, but I don't know how they'd fit a Geoff John's storyline into a two hour movie, considering most of his Green Lantern stories are these epic stories that span multiple issues and usually have quite a few other characters, outside of just the Green Lantern Corps. and it's traditional villains.  I wouldn't mind someone adapting one of Geoff John's Green Lantern stories if they did it right.  But that would be a pretty ambitious endeavor, and knowing Hollywood, they'd probably screw it up.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »

Yeah.  The Geoff John's stuff is well written, but I don't know how they'd fit a Geoff John's storyline into a two hour movie, considering most of his Green Lantern stories are these epic stories that span multiple issues and usually have quite a few other characters, outside of just the Green Lantern Corps. and it's traditional villains.  I wouldn't mind someone adapting one of Geoff John's Green Lantern stories if they did it right.  But that would be a pretty ambitious endeavor, and knowing Hollywood, they'd probably screw it up.

I'd use loads of aspects from his work, just not the linear plot development. The way used Sinestro as the rogue lantern that split off after his iron fist ruling was found out. If you do a two Lantern trilogy f films I'd have the first one be mainly about Hal standing up against Sinestro and his way, but by the end he himself becomes a Sinestro in the way he rules, while Gardner is the one that at first would understand a iron fist but defeats Paralax at the end. I'd make it a Hal Jordan death ending, for effect.

I wouldn't be looking to win an Oscar here, just make it as solid as possible.

hansen55

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 09:14:04 AM »
It's not that "some say the original Green Lantern was white", he was white that's a fact pure and simple you can't dispute it. They can use any Green Lantern they want for this film, fans of the comics know all of them not just "the new one" there really is no reason to complain at all. Fans of the comic are not complaining because there is nothing to b*tch about they picked the Green Lantern they did because that is the story line they wanted to use, it has nothing to do with the colour he was.
==============
neon open signs
how to build a website

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 09:33:40 AM »
It's not that "some say the original Green Lantern was white", he was white that's a fact pure and simple you can't dispute it. They can use any Green Lantern they want for this film, fans of the comics know all of them not just "the new one" there really is no reason to complain at all. Fans of the comic are not complaining because there is nothing to b*tch about they picked the Green Lantern they did because that is the story line they wanted to use, it has nothing to do with the colour he was.
==============
neon open signs
how to build a website

spammer
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 02:48:16 PM »
That might be the worst trailer I've seen in years

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 10:40:33 PM »
This movie was kinda wack. Cool effects and shit but not really that funny, Seth needs other funny guys in his movies, not just him.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 12:07:55 AM »
This movie was kinda wack. Cool effects and shit but not really that funny, Seth needs other funny guys in his movies, not just him.

hi
is not even out yet dude

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 12:17:07 AM »
after the trailer it looks like the dc answer for marvel's the iron man films...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

JohnnyL

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 10:20:46 AM »

hi
is not even out yet dude

I believe he's thinking of "Green Hornet."