Author Topic: Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player ever.....  (Read 3651 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player ever.....
« on: December 28, 2002, 12:49:28 PM »
i will always be scorned by my friends for these views but to me, all time,...........

WILT CHAMBERLAIN > MICHAEL JORDAN

and aint no doubt bout that either
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Michael Jordan isnt the greatest basketball player ever.....
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 12:52:59 PM »
dont forget kareem abdul jabbar

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 01:42:26 PM »
What are you basing that on?  Wilt was great, most consecutive games played, never fouled out of 1 game, highest scorer ever, but I would still say Jordan is best all around.  I didn't use to think that, until he returned from his retirement and cemented his legacy (the first time).  I'd say best ever would be like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Chamberlain, Jabbar, Maravich, in no order.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 02:36:19 PM »
all around? Chamberlain led the league in assists one season...i dunno im a big man myself u know, so i am biased to chamberlain

this man single handedly re defined the game
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Instant_Killa

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 03:14:32 PM »
i cmopletely disagree man, no way...chamberlain was only famous because he scored 100 points in an nba game and also because heshad sex with prostitues over 1000 times...lol...as for kareem, he is a respected nba player but no way better than michael jordan...jordan was the best player ever, he averaged 32 points per game, and tahats a lot, plus hes generated opver 10 billion dollars towards the US economy, he is truly the man.

elneckio

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 03:21:31 PM »
I think to be 'greatest player ever' then the person needs to be good in every element of the game.  There have been lots of players in history that can lead at one or two elements in their particular era but Jordan is the only one to master almost every one during his career.
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2002, 04:37:31 PM »
kareem was the best..
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2002, 05:11:39 PM »
i cmopletely disagree man, no way...chamberlain was only famous because he scored 100 points in an nba game and also because heshad sex with prostitues over 1000 times...lol...as for kareem, he is a respected nba player but no way better than michael jordan...jordan was the best player ever, he averaged 32 points per game, and tahats a lot, plus hes generated opver 10 billion dollars towards the US economy, he is truly the man.

wanna talk about stats?? heres some stats...

points per game:
01. Michael Jordan - 30.6
02. Wilt Chamberlain - 30.1
12. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar- 24.6

total points
01. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar- 38,387
03. Wilt Chamberlain - 31,419
04. Michael Jordan- 31,133

rebounds per game
01. wilt chamberlain - 22.9
25. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 11.2

total rebounds
01. Wilt Chamberlain - 23,924
03. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 17,440

Field Goal Percentage
08. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - .559
16. Wilt Chamberlain - .540

Steals Per Game
03. Michael Jordan - 2.39

Total Steals
02. Michael Jordan - 2,432

Blocks per Game
10. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 2.57

Total Blocks:
02. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - 3,189

do you still think mj is the greatest?? ::)

dpgc2002

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2002, 06:57:00 PM »
Michael Jordan is the best...Just as Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA right now, not Shaq...Shaq might be the most dominating just as Wilt was but he is not the best...Wilt Chamberlain was a 50% free throw shooter...How is the best of alltime making only half of his free throws...Oh yeah Kobe will be the best of all time when his career is finished...

Instant_Killa

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2002, 07:40:43 PM »
To ibo, all that info uve posted really doesn't matter, michael has proven to be a better player despite those total points, and those other things. He has been a great personality of inspiration on the international level, not only in america. Who knows mych about kareem than they do about jordan. Jordan is a  much better player overall. This is my opinion, you can think what ever u want. Remember that when Jordan was around, in the nba, his success was consistent, he had led the bulls to 6 championships in a row. THats a lot for a basketball player. None of those players uve mentioned can ever match jordan.

peace

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2002, 08:05:43 PM »
To ibo, all that info uve posted really doesn't matter, michael has proven to be a better player despite those total points, and those other things. He has been a great personality of inspiration on the international level, not only in america. Who knows mych about kareem than they do about jordan. Jordan is a  much better player overall. This is my opinion, you can think what ever u want. Remember that when Jordan was around, in the nba, his success was consistent, he had led the bulls to 6 championships in a row. THats a lot for a basketball player. None of those players uve mentioned can ever match jordan.

peace

the stats doesnt matter?? LMAO.. thats the funniest thing ive heard... so it doest matter that kareem and wilt scored more, blocked more and grabbed more rebounds that jordan... jordan is still the dopest?? .. its like saying that it doesnt matter that tim motgomrey broke the world record, stats dont matter, carl lewis is still the fastest guy, cuz "Who knows mych about motgomrey than they do about carl lewis"

lol... you're funny... no offense

so you mean that since "jordan" is a bigger name than "chamberlain", jordan must have been better?? ... lol...

better on what??

not scoring...
not defense
not field percentage...

tell me what jordan did better than wilt...

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2002, 08:10:17 PM »
Michael Jordan is the best...Just as Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA right now, not Shaq...Shaq might be the most dominating just as Wilt was but he is not the best...Wilt Chamberlain was a 50% free throw shooter...How is the best of alltime making only half of his free throws...Oh yeah Kobe will be the best of all time when his career is finished...

last time i checked the dictionary, "being the most dominant" was the same thing as "being the best"...

but lemme check again.. lol

Cammbrige Online Dictionary:
----------------------------------------
dominant
(adjective)
more important, strong, noticeable, etc. than anything else of the same type

with with other words can be described as "being the supperior" or BEING THE BEST

seems i was right... lol

« Last Edit: December 28, 2002, 08:11:45 PM by Maestro~Minded »

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2002, 08:23:59 PM »
Hmmm; What do your stats show, though?  We've got Jordan with the highest scoring avg. per game.  Jordan scoring COMPARABLY with all time points; he didn't beat them, but scored more per game, which is a better measure.  Wilt played for 20 some years, Jordan's been playing 17, I believe... Naturally Wilt would have more points, but Jordan has a higher point average per game.  Wilt has more rebounds... guess what? He's a CENTER.  Jordan isn't.  Wilt and Kareem should have more rebounds.  Also, while they have him on rebounds, he has them on steals, which usually turn into 2 points more times than not (usually Jordan or anybody who steals gets the fast break on the opposing team).  They've got him on blocks, but again they're 6 inches taller than him.  They're centers, they're supposed to block.  I guess you're saying their field goal percentage is higher, since you didn't mention michael, that is a measurable accomplishment, so I give them props for that.  I'd also like to see assist records, I would imagine Jordan leads them in that.  Remember Wilt played before the 3 second in the box rule too, he used to just stand under the basket and make everything they threw him, playing as the tallest in the N.B.A... that's how he scored a hundred points.  

I'd say Wilt has more of a claim to it then Kareem, but imo Jordan is a much better all around player.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2002, 11:05:50 PM »
Chamberlain is the reason the NBA ended zone defence after originally having it, he had the single most dominant GAME and SEASON in NBA history...he was a monster....he completely REDEFINED the league, it will never be the same, in his prime he was completely unstoppable

- Lewis Carroll

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2002, 01:37:44 AM »
Chamberlain is the reason the NBA ended zone defence after originally having it]
hmmm, not to test your basketball knowledge, but why would you lift a zone defense against a dominating center like chamberlain...? the nba just implemented a zone defense to stop shaq last year...no more illegal defense is allowed!!!! and btw jordan and wilt are close but I give the nod to jordan by a slight edge...and if anyone has any questions about a zone defense and its purpose, let me know( hint hint..stop a dominating inside force)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2002, 01:39:39 AM by mikeOG »