Author Topic: Kush is at number 34 on the charts ..Is it failing ????  (Read 1417 times)

Avalanche

Re: Kush is at number 34 on the charts ..Is it failing ????
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 09:19:47 PM »
they play it all the time on the radio here in NYC

They do, but only on Power 105 & Hot 97.

If you have a number one single, you're on those two PLUS Z100 & 92.3; maybe even 102.7 lol.

Since when did 92.3 start spinning hip hop. has it changed since 2003? z100 doesnt count either

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 12:23:36 AM »
6 Foot 7 Foot > KUSH

really?

I must be the only person left who is not a fan of Weezy.

he has some nice verses but the majority are garbage forced punchlines

give me Kush any day over that 6'7

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 09:53:21 AM »
6 Foot 7 Foot > KUSH

really?

I must be the only person left who is not a fan of Weezy.

he has some nice verses but the majority are garbage forced punchlines

give me Kush any day over that 6'7

Nah, I agree with you. Lil Wayne is a fucking disgrace to hip-hop.
I seriously never understood why people think he's good.
6'7" is terrible if you ask me, the definition of wack, I don't even wanna talk about it anymore ;)

Anunikke

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 10:04:43 AM »
Don't care, the song is great.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 11:12:09 AM »

If you have a number one single, you're on those two PLUS Z100 & 92.3; maybe even 102.7 lol.

Since when did 92.3 start spinning hip hop. has it changed since 2003? z100 doesnt count either

92.3 used to be Rock, but now they are like a duplicate of z100; they just play the most poppin' songs.

& all I'm saying is, the "top" singles; Not Afraid, Love The Way You Lie, Aston Martin Music, Over; are played on all four of the stations.

That's a major reason why those songs I mentioned got in the Top 10, because of that exposure. Kush, is just played on two of those & no racist (I'm white), but the average white family doesn't bump Hot97 & Power105, so those kids aren't getting around to hearing songs like Kush.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »
In this day and age, YES it is flopping. No matter what you try to justify it with.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2010, 01:07:57 PM »
6 Foot, 7 Foot has all the energy and charisma that Kush lacks.   Granted the video makes up for the charisma but that alone does not help the song.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 01:42:25 PM »

92.3 used to be Rock, but now they are like a duplicate of z100; they just play the most poppin' songs.

& all I'm saying is, the "top" singles; Not Afraid, Love The Way You Lie, Aston Martin Music, Over; are played on all four of the stations.

That's a major reason why those songs I mentioned got in the Top 10, because of that exposure. Kush, is just played on two of those & no racist (I'm white), but the average white family doesn't bump Hot97 & Power105, so those kids aren't getting around to hearing songs like Kush.

I don't live there, but if those are top 40 stations I'm sure Dre fans don't want him making the type of songs that will get play there.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2010, 01:48:53 PM »
^I'm sure they don't.

But without making a song friendly to all those stations, you're not going to have a Top 10, let alone a #1 single.

So considering Dre is stuck only getting play on Hip Hop stations, is this really that bad?

Think of all the people who sell; Eminem, Drake, Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne & Kanye. All had singles (except maybe Kanye) that got play on every station.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2010, 03:34:06 PM »
^I'm sure they don't.

But without making a song friendly to all those stations, you're not going to have a Top 10, let alone a #1 single.

So considering Dre is stuck only getting play on Hip Hop stations, is this really that bad?

Think of all the people who sell; Eminem, Drake, Jay-Z, Lil' Wayne & Kanye. All had singles (except maybe Kanye) that got play on every station.

Who cares if he has a number one single? Has he ever had a number 1 single? I'm more concerned about the quality of the album.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 04:06:31 PM »

yeah the only Dre track I remember getting play at the pop stations was Forgot About Dre

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »
Who gives a shit if the song is only 34 on the charts?  Dre has never made an album with radio hits.  The closest thing Dre ever made to a radio single was "Next Episode".  Would you suggest he start making songs like the Black Eyed Peas and be number one on the radio?

FUCK THAT!

Matty

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 05:59:07 PM »
well seeing this was a track to supposedly please the 'office people' and the predictable sound of it, they may as well release a real real detox cut next. i really hope the album will not be full of any/many tracks like this, should certainly be some better and fresher sounds on offer. it's whether the whole album has a really cohesive play through experience or its just like 12 tracks and half being not that great (eg kush, i need a doctor). the best thing about chronic/2001 is the cohesiveness.

Muhfukka

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 06:05:17 PM »
Who gives a shit if the song is only 34 on the charts?  Dre has never made an album with radio hits.  The closest thing Dre ever made to a radio single was "Next Episode".  Would you suggest he start making songs like the Black Eyed Peas and be number one on the radio?

FUCK THAT!
maybe on your european radio stations but other than that youre tripping

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »

FUCK THAT!
maybe on your european radio stations but other than that youre tripping

I am not in Europe you fuck face.  And just because you heard a Dre song on the radio does not make it a  hit.  And like I previously stated Dre doesn't make radio hits on his albums, so fuck chart positions.