4 (19%)
at a stand still
7 (33.3%)
slowly dieing
7 (33.3%)
dead
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: the game 'hip hop' is now...  (Read 202 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
the game 'hip hop' is now...
« on: December 28, 2002, 02:30:42 PM »
what ya all think?

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
Re:the game 'hip hop' is now...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 03:01:08 PM »
at the moment.. I'd say it dying.. We need something groundbreaking to heat shit up again.. Im lookin at one of the Aftermarth relases to help it (50Cent/Dre/Cube/Rakim)

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 03:09:19 PM »
shits stagnant... they're scared to take the risks that made it what it is.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 03:39:42 PM »
word i think real rappers need to expand their horizon, and take more risks, change the rules of the game abit

its like when a rapper works with a rnb singer or something, they automatically get hated on or sum shit but atleast they tryin something different, even tho that def aint the answer

another thing is niggaz tryna be to commercail, they need to bring sum typa hip hop ppl gone be like, what the fuck.....get ppl talkin about it again

peace

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 03:54:31 PM »
HipHop is dieing Slowly and HipPop is growin up...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2002, 03:56:06 PM by Tha Bigg Chillah »

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 04:03:42 PM »
and I Blame Timbaland,Missy & Neptunes to have fucked up the HipHop sound.

these days Hiphop is all about Club Bangers and shit and to be on the chart u have to do a collabo with a pop artist,using a neptunes beat and rap about love stuff.Also  most of the Hardcore rap fans are gone ..sum grew up and others just dont listen to that anymore..This new generation is on Nelly's dick wich is wack . Damn I wich I could go back to 95-96-97 it was the greatest years in Hiphop after that the hiphop became sick. now he's ready to die

Kaidy

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2002, 06:38:14 AM »
and I Blame Timbaland,Missy & Neptunes to have fucked up the HipHop sound.

Have to disagree, I think Timbaland helped rejuvenate hip hop and r&b when he came out, and although him and missy do make radio friendly shit and music for the clubs, they're two people who always take risks and try new things, which is what keeps hip hop fresh.

But as a whole I think hip hop has been ruined by the Puffys and the Nellys, who have no message and whose music is watered down crap. Gangsta rap is completely dead because people are desensitivized to it, its not shocking anymore.

Hip hop needs more people like Eminem, people who are doing something off the wall and completely different. Otherwise it will slowly eat itself.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2002, 03:54:32 PM »
its at its peak..look at sales..but its starting to die down....and soon it'll be back to where it was say 10 or so years ago...no one music type stays at the top for long...rap will be around for a while...just not at the top...people like nelly, ja rule are ruining it

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2002, 04:15:51 PM »
Damn I wich I could go back to 95-96-97 it was the greatest years in Hiphop after that the hiphop became sick. now he's ready to die

The start of '97 is when it changed, that was the worst year for hip-hop.  Life After Death, No Way Out & Harlem World had almost all R&B/hip-hop singles and those were the biggest selling albums of the year.  There was not many good albums that came out that year.  

platinumk777

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2002, 08:40:30 PM »
Hip-hop has reached its peak, sales wise, but is dying rapidly, as far as its content is concerned. 7-8 years ago, hip hop was still sorta underground, and only people with distinct tastes appreciated it. but, through time, hip-hop was molded into something which would be listenable to everyone, and pleasing to the ear, basically. That's why today, pop stars want a piece of it, and therefore, if hip-hop gets merged with pop, you got yourself a club-banger.
People that weren't familiar with hip-hop before would consider this genre to be at its peak, whereas people that have followed it from the beginning would say it's dying, since they know what real hip-hop is supposed to be... from the streets. And hip-hop today is no longer from the streets. It's misrepresented by people such as Ja Rule, Nelly, Missy Elliott & the almighty Neptunes.
If hip-hop was at its peak, content wise, people like DJ Quik, WC & Ras Kass would be way up there, enjoying success along the likes of Snoop Dogg, Nas, Xzibit & other rappers who are still keepin it real and surviving

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2002, 08:44:58 PM »
didnt WU tang forever come out in 97..I loved that cd when it came out

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2002, 09:03:39 PM »
Posted by: Tha Bigg Chillah Posted on: December 28, 2002, 05:54:31 PM
HipHop is dieing Slowly and HipPop is growin up...  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2002, 02:07:50 AM »
You all are not very obsevant. Compared to just last year, hip-hop has improved greatly. Nas's 2 CDs, Common is doing well, Ja Rule isn't selling anymore, Eminem is starting to be more hip-hop base. The trend of hip-pop is turning, as all the shit you hear on the radio isn't selling. Come on, how many people picked up Smile and Southstar. NO ONE! Hip-Hop is slowly, but surely coming back. Watch for big things, Rakim album is due out, 50 Cents is tight, Ras Kass, Styles P album did well, Fabolous will flop, Timbo and Missy will still sell, the South though ain't count right now though, first they need to bring back the west and east before we worry about southern and mid-west rappers. Peace