Author Topic: AFC Title game: The J e t s Jets Jets JETS @ Pittsburgh Steelers game-thread  (Read 1112 times)

OG Hack Wilson

LETS GO JETS

COTCHERY POWER!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
I don't even know who to root for in this game. :(

OG Hack Wilson

the green team    w no rapists
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

No publicly accused rapists. To think there isn't at least one date-rapist on every NFL team in this league is absurd.

OG Hack Wilson

No publicly accused rapists. To think there isn't at least one date-rapist on every NFL team in this league is absurd.

you sound like a femenist with that comment but its probably true lmao

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

you sound like a femenist with that comment but its probably true lmao

If I had a nickel for every time someone in an NFL locker asks "no means yes right? I'd be competing with Gates and Buffet.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
that Jets O line better come prepared for the fight of their life.. this is THE superbowl.. I never once doubted the jets, they have all the talent in the world to make it.. They just need a slightly better pash rush but THAT Pass coverage was the best i've ever seen in the postseason brady had all the time in the world, normall Db's cant cover for more then 10 seconds but DAMN!

OG Hack Wilson

that Jets O line better come prepared for the fight of their life.. this is THE superbowl.. I never once doubted the jets, they have all the talent in the world to make it.. They just need a slightly better pash rush but THAT Pass coverage was the best i've ever seen in the postseason brady had all the time in the world, normall Db's cant cover for more then 10 seconds but DAMN!
hahaha    the Jets defense is absolutely amazing when it's at it's best.  best shut down D in the league but obviouslt we've seen them at their worst a few times (vs NE and Chicago) and they are capable of being torched

then again even the 85 Bears got killed by Marino

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hahaha    the Jets defense is absolutely amazing when it's at it's best.  best shut down D in the league but obviouslt we've seen them at their worst a few times (vs NE and Chicago) and they are capable of being torched

then again even the 85 Bears got killed by Marino

They barely beat a very depleted Colts offense. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Taking it to Brady is one thing. I always said it was easy to get him if you just take away the easy ball. If either Collie or Clark were healthy it'd have been a different result. If both were healthy it'd have been anyway win for the Colts. Because both Collie and Clark catch the White drop and that 3rd and 8 run is probably a Clark conversion. Clark also either gets the catch or the interference call on the first drive of the second half.

I'm not complaining though because I don't think the Colts or Ravens beat the Pats. I just want to make sure that we agree that if Peyton Manning was on the Pats yesterday you guys would have been eliminated.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Barely? The Chargers held them to fourteen & other than the Chiefs, they score 20+ points against every other team.

I mean, c'mon. You said three posts ago "Peyton Manning needs special teams & defense, he can lead a CFL offense". Seventeen points is shutting him down.

& yeah, IF they had Peyton Manning. But IF we had Asomugha, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, the laboratory-made offspring of Joe Montana & John Elway at QB, clone & bring back Vince Lombardi & inform Peyton Manning pre-game that it IS a playoff game, so don't be afraid to choke, then we got that game in the bag.

OG Hack Wilson

is Shallow the PAts fan?  or is that P Bateman?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
is Shallow the PAts fan?  or is that P Bateman?

Shallow.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
i really dont want steelers/ben to win 3, im mostly rooting for GB, but in this game, i dunno, and i cant even make a prediction, it could really go either way, but ill make a PITT prediction, just because.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Barely? The Chargers held them to fourteen & other than the Chiefs, they score 20+ points against every other team.

I mean, c'mon. You said three posts ago "Peyton Manning needs special teams & defense, he can lead a CFL offense". Seventeen points is shutting him down.

& yeah, IF they had Peyton Manning. But IF we had Asomugha, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, the laboratory-made offspring of Joe Montana & John Elway at QB, clone & bring back Vince Lombardi & inform Peyton Manning pre-game that it IS a playoff game, so don't be afraid to choke, then we got that game in the bag.

Peyton only had the ball 3 times in the 2nd half and scored each time. You simply didn't do anything to Peyton Manning. There was one deep ball to Garcon that Peyton over-threw. Everything else was either a completion for yards or a drop. And his dedication to the run on 3rd down was a huge asset to the Colts. 17 points against a Rex Ryan defense playing at the top of their game when you only touch the ball 3 times and the other team was walking down the field taking up 6 and 10 minutes per drive for TDs. And in both drives combined there was only 1 pass to a WR.

Like I said, give Manning a decent defense to and turn those long run in TDs into FGs or punts and this game would have been a route. And who knows what happens if that idiot doesn't run into the kicker. The other fault I give Manning is on the 3rd and 7 at the 15 he stuck with run instead of looking for a pass. Everything else he was perfect, despite playing with a Wayne that couldn't get open and a bunch of scrubs that wouldn't even start on any other team. Addai might get some starts on a couple teams, but not many, and Garcon could fight for a #2 spot on a few.

And as much as he committed to the run (more run plays than pass plays), they still couldn't get 100 yards. The Jets got 170. Don't tell me you beat Manning. You beat a second rate Colts D and an inept Colts special teams. And I'll say it again; give Manning the defense and special teams of the New York Jets and the offense of the Toronto Argonauts and he'll get a ring.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^LOL, whaaaaaaaat? We held the best QB to three FGs in the second half. If he was "soooo unstoppable" he would of had three touchdowns in the second half.

We were up 14-10 in the fourth. We weren't in a prevent defense, but we weren't just allowing Peyton to beat us deep; i'd say it was in between the two.

If Peyton Manning has a 13 play drive & has the ball for five minutes & twenty-two seconds & you hold him to three points, when you're winning by four, so in essence you're allowing him to kick a FG, that's stopping him.

You build Peyton up all year like he can do whatever he wants when he wants on the field & then you don't allow him to score a second half touchdown, that's a "bravo" to my defense.

& let's not act like his first touchdown was "allllll mighty Peyton". Cromartie got burned bad by Garcon & Peyton made an NFL QB throw. You LOVE to say "any QB can play Tom Brady's role". Well on that play, any QB could have made that throw.

Peyton obviously didn't play bad, obviously didn't play as bad as Tom Brady, but CLEARLY didn't have his way.