Author Topic: MWTC Questions and discussion  (Read 352 times)

acgrundy

MWTC Questions and discussion
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:10:03 PM »
So MWTC is my all time favorite OST hands down...I sometimes put it in my top 10 list of all time favorite albums.  Anyways...

Swoop G's - 20 dollars was originally supposed to be for this.  So do you think the OG version of this song is much different than the released one, other than the snoop disses?

2Pac's Life's so Hard OG was supposed to be for this OST I read on here.  Is this true?

I'm not a fan of the Young Soldiers track or the Jewell track 6.  So my own custom made tracklist would replace those 2 songs w/ 20 Dollars and Life's so Hard OG, and I would add the sam sneed NBK song at the end.  How dope of a tracklist is that?

awol22222

Re: MWTC Questions and discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:41 PM »
So MWTC is my all time favorite OST hands down...I sometimes put it in my top 10 list of all time favorite albums.  Anyways...

Swoop G's - 20 dollars was originally supposed to be for this.  So do you think the OG version of this song is much different than the released one, other than the snoop disses?

2Pac's Life's so Hard OG was supposed to be for this OST I read on here.  Is this true?

I'm not a fan of the Young Soldiers track or the Jewell track 6.  So my own custom made tracklist would replace those 2 songs w/ 20 Dollars and Life's so Hard OG, and I would add the sam sneed NBK song at the end.  How dope of a tracklist is that?
Death Row Admin conformed this. The Original version of that Young Soldierz track is way better.

dnjp4life

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 04:35:13 AM »
Definately the best soundtrack in my eyes, an absolute classic.

My favourite track on it is 21 Jumpstreet.  Everything about that track is perfect.  Daz, if you are reading this, that's one of the best beats of ALL time, and certainly one of the best that you've produced  8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 04:44:43 AM »
above the rim stdk > murda was the case

both were dope though...i was in high school when these came out and if this shit wasnt in your walkman your walkman wasnt shit.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 05:56:45 AM »
i dont understand all the hate for the young soldierz track...i got 2 homies who dont like it at all either...i personally think its dope...

crapboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »

My favourite track on it is 21 Jumpstreet.  Everything about that track is perfect.  Daz, if you are reading this, that's one of the best beats of ALL time, and certainly one of the best that you've produced  8)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »

yeah I prefer Gang Related but Murder Was The Case is probably the best all around soundtrack

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 12:31:53 PM »

i agree 110%. daz you need to find them death row musicians and bring that flavor back. me and my homie was painfully listening to the dogg pound gangsta lp the other day and we laughed and laughed at the horrible production and lyrics.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 01:04:39 PM »
the dogg pound gangsta LP horrible production ??? i dunno how high ur standards but to me this album have some of the best beats daz has made since R.A.W. : That's The Way We Ride, Everybody Givin It Up, Nothin Can Stop Us Now, Do You See, My Mama Said, Rocc Wit Daz, Bomb Azz Pussy 2005, Gettin Buccwild, Fucc The Police 2005... concerning the lyrics... Daz's never been lyrical so... i'd say it was nothin extraordinary but nothing terrible either, except on some songs like That's The Way We Ride, Do You Think About or Nothin Can Stop Us Now... I liked the lyrics on My Mama Said, Do You Know... deep lyrics... nah horrible is a bit exaggerated to me... to me it's the last consistent Daz album... 19 songs... cohesive sound and good vibes...

Paul

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »

i agree 110%. daz you need to find them death row musicians and bring that flavor back. me and my homie was painfully listening to the dogg pound gangsta lp the other day and we laughed and laughed at the horrible production and lyrics.

I like that album
funkyfreshintheflesh

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 01:19:27 PM »
the dogg pound gangsta LP horrible production ??? i dunno how high ur standards but to me this album have some of the best beats daz has made since R.A.W. : That's The Way We Ride, Everybody Givin It Up, Nothin Can Stop Us Now, Do You See, My Mama Said, Rocc Wit Daz, Bomb Azz Pussy 2005, Gettin Buccwild, Fucc The Police 2005... concerning the lyrics... Daz's never been lyrical so... i'd say it was nothin extraordinary but nothing terrible either, except on some songs like That's The Way We Ride, Do You Think About or Nothin Can Stop Us Now... I liked the lyrics on My Mama Said, Do You Know... deep lyrics... nah horrible is a bit exaggerated to me... to me it's the last consistent Daz album... 19 songs... cohesive sound and good vibes...
are you serious ? the production sucked on this. he even had the fake keep ya head up beat when ironically a keep ya head up remix by him in his prime woulda been classic. only reason bomb azz pussy get a pass is because he took the drums from the og of dogg food.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »
yeah i'm dead serious. i like most of the beats on the album. i love the updated sound of bomb azz pussy... i remember the album came out at a time when I had lost faith in Daz's production abilities after some lackluster beats on I Got Love In These Streetz... then My Life from TI's Urban Legend came out, I was like "ok this is the type of production I like from Daz" and then this album came out and I was like "wow i love it. this shit's melodic as fuck". composition wise i dig the album, except for a few cuts (get a dose of dis hot ish, hey how ya doin). now it may not have musicians like Ricky Rouse, Carl Butch Smalls and co but it has Shorty B. (one hell of a musician) on a song, Soopafly on another, Fredwreck on another and the rest of it has Ivan Johnson who's worked with the likes of Tony Toni Tone, Anita Baker, Mary J. Blige, Kenny Latimore and who was signed by Quincy Jones. And I love Daz's sample of Zapp's Be Alright, especially the faint guitar chords in the background. plus shelly's hooks are fine. nah to me this album is definitely a 6.5/7. I'd say overall, it comes after RR&GB, RAW & This Is The Life I Lead.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »
yeah i'm dead serious. i like most of the beats on the album. i love the updated sound of bomb azz pussy... i remember the album came out at a time when I had lost faith in Daz's production abilities after some lackluster beats on I Got Love In These Streetz... then My Life from TI's Urban Legend came out, I was like "ok this is the type of production I like from Daz" and then this album came out and I was like "wow i love it. this shit's melodic as fuck". composition wise i dig the album, except for a few cuts (get a dose of dis hot ish, hey how ya doin). now it may not have musicians like Ricky Rouse, Carl Butch Smalls and co but it has Shorty B. (one hell of a musician) on a song, Soopafly on another, Fredwreck on another and the rest of it has Ivan Johnson who's worked with the likes of Tony Toni Tone, Anita Baker, Mary J. Blige, Kenny Latimore and who was signed by Quincy Jones. And I love Daz's sample of Zapp's Be Alright, especially the faint guitar chords in the background. plus shelly's hooks are fine. nah to me this album is definitely a 6.5/7. I'd say overall, it comes after RR&GB, RAW & This Is The Life I Lead.
shorty b is tight as hell. that joint he did wit tip was a blast from the pass. that beat was daz at his best along wit his death row era shit.

bouli77

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
fo sho... it sounded like a beat Daz would have made for Pac, with the typical Daz sounds. and TI kills it lyrically. but a lot of ppl dont know this song cause its the last one of urban legend so it often gets overlooked.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2011, 01:52:01 PM »
fo sho... it sounded like a beat Daz would have made for Pac, with the typical Daz sounds. and TI kills it lyrically. but a lot of ppl dont know this song cause its the last one of urban legend so it often gets overlooked.
woulda been dope for pac.