Author Topic: Slim The Mobster - I Aint Gonna Say Nuthin (Prod. by Jake One)  (Read 908 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Slim The Mobster - I Aint Gonna Say Nuthin (Prod. by Jake One)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 01:51:56 PM »
See when you talk about clever wordplay I don't know what you're referrng to. Everything I've heard from him is average at best. I don't hear any clever lyrics. He seems to be trying to come off as the next 50 Cent, but 50 Cent came onto the scene with How to Rob. So who exactly does he sound good in comparison to? Where are these songs that I should be paying attention to?

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »
That intro nearly identical to 50's My Gun Go Off. 

Duke has failed to impress vocally.  Plus his rhyming is adequate at best.  What word play is dope?  This some simple shit.

I think it's a bad idea for him to release this ish.

Well it depends how you approach this. When I start listening to a new artist, I'm not expecting the next Eminem hahaha. You have to start from the bottom. So when I say his word play is tight, I'm not comparing him to a legend. Now I don't know who your favorite artist is or what you like but  to me it seems that you were expecting another Crooked I, lyrically. Your waaay off, if that's what you thought. He does have some similarity to 50 but I don't really listen to none of his shit anymore so maybe I forgot how he sounds. I can tell the difference.
post some dope lines, not saying that you should convince me ( you can't), i'm just curious of your input

I got house full of guns and a head full of LOOOSE SKREWWWS
………. niggaz be CAUTious how you MOOOVE
CROSS us and see ya nailed to a CROSS COOOOL
Keep cowards COUGHing up blood POOOLS
Niggaz get COFFins for CROSSin the wrong DUUUDE

Trust me I do-not- make- IDLE THREATS
You can ask my RIVAL SEX or SETS - Not SURE
I am a surVIVOR, YESS, A 4FIVE VEST
And -I call it my SURVIVAL KIIT

Chorus - don’t Like

I was raised to FEAR NONE
Born in the YEAR of the GUN
SO if I Give em A GUN, YA DONE
SEE how fast fully bullets COME?
Now how fast you think ya ass can RUN?

Try me, niggaz get hit with HOt LEAD, left In HOspital BEDS, he might not ever WALK AGAIN
Man, they FEED EM threw a STRAW, cuz my niggaz DID EM RAW, he might not ever TALK AGAIN

Chorus - Don’t Like

I can’t RECAAALL how many LAAAWS, I BROKE
Probably the same amount a niggaz JAAWS I BROKE
FNH 57 nigga, I aint got to GOOOGLE IT
Fuck around and IM UUUUSIng IT
NEW scope and YOU IN IT
Repeat FELON but your MELON can get 2 IN IT

Yeah nigga, your career is OVA
You can watch me get it in like im suPPOSED TA
While ya back POSTED on yo grandmas SOFA

SUCKA, SUFFA (ER)  to TALK, I had eNUFF
Tell the coroner to bring the CHALK, real TALK, no BLUFF-A (ER)
My safe looking like a bank VAULT MuthafUCKA (ER)
Who did it like your’s truly? Nigga NONE OTHA. (ER)
Ask your boys, im a GUN BUSSTA. (ER)
And I Aint got at send goons, cuz I COME 4 YA.

And I know that they only HATE ON YOU
cause the LABEL is un-FADEABLE
But we gone keep making MOVES
Let the HATERS DO, WHAT HATERS DO.

You don't think anything here is DOPE? WORD PLAY? RHYMING THAT DON'T END WITH SAME LETTERS? ASSONANCE? You think that's simple? What about his his G RAPPINg? Nothing here sounds "HARD" to you? Not lyrically but on a level like EAZY E, DRESTA etc. DOPE GANGSTA RAP?? Nothing?

"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »
See when you talk about clever wordplay I don't know what you're referrng to. Everything I've heard from him is average at best. I don't hear any clever lyrics. He seems to be trying to come off as the next 50 Cent, but 50 Cent came onto the scene with How to Rob. So who exactly does he sound good in comparison to? Where are these songs that I should be paying attention to?

Dude i just told you before, I don't give a shit about 50. Last I heard 50 was talking about CHicks gimmie hugs, show me some luv and I fell like a lady bug. The dude sounds NOTHING like 50 in my opinion. This shit is the same, when they said that GAME sounded like SHYNE. After a couple of spins and more tracks, people finally heard the difference. Have you heard SLIM talk? Compare it to 50 and you tell me if they sound the same. Obviously they both talk about the same shit. Street gangsta rap and that's probably why you are having a hard time with their vocals. But hey, if  that's what you HEAR than its all good. Im not going argue about something stupid like that. Everyone has there own opinion. It's all good. 
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 04:03:07 PM »
Saying Slim the Mobster is lyrical is embarrassing. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »
Saying Slim the Mobster is lyrical is embarrassing. 

I agree hahaha.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »

Dude i just told you before, I don't give a shit about 50. Last I heard 50 was talking about CHicks gimmie hugs, show me some luv and I fell like a lady bug. The dude sounds NOTHING like 50 in my opinion. This shit is the same, when they said that GAME sounded like SHYNE. After a couple of spins and more tracks, people finally heard the difference. Have you heard SLIM talk? Compare it to 50 and you tell me if they sound the same. Obviously they both talk about the same shit. Street gangsta rap and that's probably why you are having a hard time with their vocals. But hey, if  that's what you HEAR than its all good. Im not going argue about something stupid like that. Everyone has there own opinion. It's all good.  

You didn't want me comparing him to "lyrical rappers" so I was using an example of a "gangsta rapper." Not that I give a fuck about 50 now, but I haven't heard anything from Slim even remotely close to How to Rob. So again, why should we be paying attention to him? Where are these clever lyrics of his? Those lines you posted were lame and some of that shit doesn't even rhyme. What I'm saying is that there's no potential there to even be talking about him or excited about his music.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »

Dude i just told you before, I don't give a shit about 50. Last I heard 50 was talking about CHicks gimmie hugs, show me some luv and I fell like a lady bug. The dude sounds NOTHING like 50 in my opinion. This shit is the same, when they said that GAME sounded like SHYNE. After a couple of spins and more tracks, people finally heard the difference. Have you heard SLIM talk? Compare it to 50 and you tell me if they sound the same. Obviously they both talk about the same shit. Street gangsta rap and that's probably why you are having a hard time with their vocals. But hey, if  that's what you HEAR than its all good. Im not going argue about something stupid like that. Everyone has there own opinion. It's all good.  

You didn't want me comparing him to "lyrical rappers" so I was using an example of a "gangsta rapper." Not that I give a fuck about 50 now, but I haven't heard anything from Slim even remotely close to How to Rob. So again, why should we be paying attention to him? Where are these clever lyrics of his? Those lines you posted were lame and some of that shit doesn't even rhyme. What I'm saying is that there's no potential there to even be talking about him or excited about his music.

How the fuck doesnt it rhyme??? haha I think i know what your problem is now, your deaf haha. I understand if you thought the lyrics were lame, but to say they don't rhyme is plain stupid. It's called Assonance lame. You rhyme in between the words instead of the end.  Guys like Eminem and Crooked I do it all the fucken time. They don't have to end with the same letter's to rhyme genius. That's what's clever about a RAP. Now im beginning to think you fucken list is fake and you don;t know shit about rhymes. I can easily pick out one of your favorite artist, like 2PAc and show you how SIMPLE some of his rhymes are. I bet you are just a poser and claim you like all these underground artist, just so you can feel good of and think you're a HIP HOP HEAD. HAhah. What a lame.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

Than to top it all, you bring up a song like "HOW TO ROB"?? hahaha Now don't get me wrong, that song is a classic 50 and i like it but to use that song and actually believe that it's something special lyrically or complex, is plain ignorance. I will explain for fake HIP HOP heads like you how simple his rhymes are.

yyo the bottom line is I'ma crook with a DEAL
If my record don't sell I'ma rob and STEAL
You better recognize nigga I'm straight from the STREET
These industry niggaz startin to look like somethin to EAT
I'll snatch Kim and tell Puff, "You wanna see her AGAIN?"
Get your ass down to the nearest ATM
I have dreams of fuckin an R&B BITCH
And I'll wake up early and bounce with all your SHIT
When I apply pressure,son it aint even FUNNY
I'm about to stick Bobby for some of that Whitney MONEY
Brian McKnight, I can get that nigga ANYTIME
Have Keith sweatin starin down the barrel from my NINE
Since these Harlem World niggaz seem to all be FAM
I put the gun to Cardan tell him, "Tell your MAN
Mason Betha, haha, come up of that watch NOW
I mean right NOW"

The words that are capitalized represent his rhymes. DO you see how he did not use assonance in any of his rhymes here?? All his fucken rhymes end at the end of each line, for example - FUNNY, MONEY - ANYTIME, NINE - FAM, MAN - BITCH, SHIT - ATM, AGAIN - If you actually understood the art of rhyming, you would understand that this is BEGINNER OLD SCHOOL TYPE RHYMING. Look at all the fucken words in all his rhymes and how many words in his bars he wasted, to just rhyme simple shit at the end. haha. AS a matter of fact, let me rhyme something right now.   

today i woke up with a hard dick dreaming of some BITCHES
Than i realized someone was using my car, hitting my SWITCHES
I came out and realized it was the same SNITCHES
that were in the party last night trying to get my chicks DIGITS! HAHAHAHAHA You see how easy that is you doofus. There is no complexity in the rhyme. The reason why 50 song is dope is because of the content and he had some humor. He tells stories on how to rob people and it's tight but to think his rhymes were something special, like you claim, is plain stupid. You want to listen to top lyricist, using metaphors, analogies, assonance, extensive vocab, wordplay, clever content than listen to Eminem, Crooked or NAs. Don't come up acting like you are an expert critic, using a song like HOW TO ROB to get credibility. haha what a joke.

Paul

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 02:27:25 PM »
All I can say is Jake One bringing the heat again.
funkyfreshintheflesh

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 03:23:31 PM »
Lol why are you bringing up Nas and Eminem? Aren't you the guy who just said its unfair to compare them? That's why I brought up 50 Cent. To show that Slim hasn't shown the talent of even a "regular gangsta rapper." Even 50 Cent has some clever wordplay.

You gotta be pretty ignorant to think its only the last word of a line that matters. Lyrics are about way more than that. For example, Illogic is one of my favorite rappers. And I would say he lyrically shits on someone like Crooked I. But the guy doesn't even use multis most of the time. That verse from 50 is dope for what it is.

"Bout to get Bobby for some of that Whitney money" --Bobby Brown mooching off of Whitney

"Bryan McKnight I can get that nigga Anytime"  --Anytime is the name of a Bryan McKnight song

"Have Keith sweatin staring down the barrel of my nine" -- Keith Sweat? LMAO

Get the references? That's what makes the lyrics clever. He doesn't have to be a master of multis to have clever lines. Now Slim the Mobster on the other hand rhymes like those 3 lines you just made up. So again, what's clever about his wordplay?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 03:54:46 PM »

How the fuck doesnt it rhyme??? haha I think i know what your problem is now, your deaf haha. I understand if you thought the lyrics were lame, but to say they don't rhyme is plain stupid. It's called Assonance lame. You rhyme in between the words instead of the end.  Guys like Eminem and Crooked I do it all the fucken time. They don't have to end with the same letter's to rhyme genius. That's what's clever about a RAP. Now im beginning to think you fucken list is fake and you don;t know shit about rhymes. I can easily pick out one of your favorite artist, like 2PAc and show you how SIMPLE some of his rhymes are. I bet you are just a poser and claim you like all these underground artist, just so you can feel good of and think you're a HIP HOP HEAD. HAhah. What a lame.

I know what assonance is. But most of that shit is a bad attempt at it. I mean "RECAAALL" and "LAAAWS"? Lol smh if that's your idea of dope.

What's funny is I don't even claim to be a hip hop head. There's a lot of people more knowledgeable than me. But I surely know more about lyrics that you do. I actually write lyrics every once in a while. For the fuck of it, here's a keystyle I used in a battle recently:

If you're expecting victory I'm this battle's dark horse
comin thru like Chuck D, I SHUT EM DOWN like the narc force
you had a wet dream you won, guess what? you're still dreamin
I jacked off on your ego, now you're "cryin over spilt semen"
Obama nigga I'm that handsome bloke, you couldn't win with phantom votes
cuz I'm stealin the show and this rhyme's the ransom note
so shell out for the tax, its sorta fact you're border wack
broken vending machine flow, this fool tryin ta get his quarter back
its the shit packing factory and work's about to start
cuz if opinions are like assholes I just tore yours apart (NO HOMO)
first I massacre your metaphors with the might of my mental reservoirs
then assassinate your similes with my 16 bar soliloquays
so if you doubt my abilities, you're jumping the gun
I facefuck you with the pistol and call it "bumping your gums"
but there's nothing to talk out, its a second round knockout
my shifts over, I pull your hoe card and use it to clockout (SWIPE)

Now imo that's a dope verse. Just pretend that I wrote it towards you and say owned

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 04:45:50 PM »
While I agree with most of what you were saying, I just have to say fuck a key style, I really have no time for net emcees, get behind a mic and record that shit homie. Like you probably know rap is about more than the lyrics on paper, its the delivery, flow, originality, and emotional intensity behind a verse that really makes a great rapper a great artist. You could write the dopest verse in history, but if can't spit that shit right, noone cares

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 05:03:27 PM »
While I agree with most of what you were saying, I just have to say fuck a key style, I really have no time for net emcees, get behind a mic and record that shit homie. Like you probably know rap is about more than the lyrics on paper, its the delivery, flow, originality, and emotional intensity behind a verse that really makes a great rapper a great artist. You could write the dopest verse in history, but if can't spit that shit right, noone cares

lol this isn't about me trying to be a rapper. I have a real life career. Just sayin I know about lyrics cause this poster came at me wrong. If you want to discuss Slim the Mobsters flow that's another thing, but his lyrics aren't there.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 06:07:32 PM »
Lol why are you bringing up Nas and Eminem? Aren't you the guy who just said its unfair to compare them? That's why I brought up 50 Cent. To show that Slim hasn't shown the talent of even a "regular gangsta rapper." Even 50 Cent has some clever wordplay.

You gotta be pretty ignorant to think its only the last word of a line that matters. Lyrics are about way more than that. For example, Illogic is one of my favorite rappers. And I would say he lyrically shits on someone like Crooked I. But the guy doesn't even use multis most of the time. That verse from 50 is dope for what it is.

"Bout to get Bobby for some of that Whitney money" --Bobby Brown mooching off of Whitney

"Bryan McKnight I can get that nigga Anytime"  --Anytime is the name of a Bryan McKnight song

"Have Keith sweatin staring down the barrel of my nine" -- Keith Sweat? LMAO

Get the references? That's what makes the lyrics clever. He doesn't have to be a master of multis to have clever lines. Now Slim the Mobster on the other hand rhymes like those 3 lines you just made up. So again, what's clever about his wordplay?

How many times do you need me to explain this shit?? NOOOOOOO FUCKEN SHIT!!!!! HAHAHA. OMG you just made an incredible discovery hahaha. First of all that was not even my point. How the fuck is getting a song from Bryan MCknight clever wordplay? Its like me saying I had that bitch riding me like a PONY - OH SHIT ITS GINUWINE!!! HAHAHA. What the fuck is so clever about that?? I was talking about the lyrics you fool. Any fucken dumbass can catch that. The only fucker that won't see that is a guy who has never listened to Brian Mckinght. So he would not understand that. I was talking about complex rhyming dumb ass. Weren't you the lame that wrote to me in the first place stating that Slim was not impressive? Welll, what i got from that was that you thought you were an expert critic. But than you bring up HOW TO ROB?? Get the fuck out of here!! I already told you what made that song special. THE CONTENT And HUMOR. Like the BOBBY SHIT AND BRIAN MCKINGHT but there is nothing complex about that you lame.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:49 PM »

How the fuck doesnt it rhyme??? haha I think i know what your problem is now, your deaf haha. I understand if you thought the lyrics were lame, but to say they don't rhyme is plain stupid. It's called Assonance lame. You rhyme in between the words instead of the end.  Guys like Eminem and Crooked I do it all the fucken time. They don't have to end with the same letter's to rhyme genius. That's what's clever about a RAP. Now im beginning to think you fucken list is fake and you don;t know shit about rhymes. I can easily pick out one of your favorite artist, like 2PAc and show you how SIMPLE some of his rhymes are. I bet you are just a poser and claim you like all these underground artist, just so you can feel good of and think you're a HIP HOP HEAD. HAhah. What a lame.

I know what assonance is. But most of that shit is a bad attempt at it. I mean "RECAAALL" and "LAAAWS"? Lol smh if that's your idea of dope.

What's funny is I don't even claim to be a hip hop head. There's a lot of people more knowledgeable than me. But I surely know more about lyrics that you do. I actually write lyrics every once in a while. For the fuck of it, here's a keystyle I used in a battle recently:

If you're expecting victory I'm this battle's dark horse
comin thru like Chuck D, I SHUT EM DOWN like the narc force
you had a wet dream you won, guess what? you're still dreamin
I jacked off on your ego, now you're "cryin over spilt semen"
Obama nigga I'm that handsome bloke, you couldn't win with phantom votes
cuz I'm stealin the show and this rhyme's the ransom note
so shell out for the tax, its sorta fact you're border wack
broken vending machine flow, this fool tryin ta get his quarter back
its the shit packing factory and work's about to start
cuz if opinions are like assholes I just tore yours apart (NO HOMO)
first I massacre your metaphors with the might of my mental reservoirs
then assassinate your similes with my 16 bar soliloquays
so if you doubt my abilities, you're jumping the gun
I facefuck you with the pistol and call it "bumping your gums"
but there's nothing to talk out, its a second round knockout
my shifts over, I pull your hoe card and use it to clockout (SWIPE)

Now imo that's a dope verse. Just pretend that I wrote it towards you and say owned

Fuck your plaid out PUNCH LINES that everyone has heard. You don't claim to be a HIP HOP head but than you post your fake lyrics acting like a fake MC hahaha. You want to impress me, why don;t you use real vocabulary not just shit your heard and than you copy and paste. haha. This shit was done long time ago, right when you decided to use HOW TO ROB? hahaha. Then you want to impress me with the Brian MCkinght punch line? HAHAHA Get the fuck out of here. I understand Slim the MOBSTER ain't shit lyrically but to come back and use your stupid 50 example is fucken retarded. I made my point LOOONG time ago that I thought Slim was a typical simple rapper. Then i realized he was not by his writing and now understand why the legendary DOC would always praise this dude. To think that i was elevating this guy to be more than just a good rapper is stupid.  Just go back to your booth and continue with your dreams of a record deal. Maybe someone will listen to your outdated punchlines or try and get Jlo to get you that Gig for american idol so you can show you MC skills haha. LAME!