Author Topic: Slim The Mobster - I Aint Gonna Say Nuthin (Prod. by Jake One)  (Read 900 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: Slim The Mobster - I Aint Gonna Say Nuthin (Prod. by Jake One)
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, 06:24:13 PM »
LAC/Eastside <--- Your euro wigger ass needs to just shut up. You clearly don't know shit about lyricism, what you're referring to is rhyme scheme and saying Slim has a good rhyme scheme.

By the way, get Dr. Dre's dick out of your ass. Seriously, it doesn't matter if he doesn't like the song, but it does matter that you defend it so hard. It's like you have a hard on for Aftermath and all things Aftermath related. Fucking Dre STANS....go discuss Dre's deltoids you freak.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »
Lol why are you bringing up Nas and Eminem? Aren't you the guy who just said its unfair to compare them? That's why I brought up 50 Cent. To show that Slim hasn't shown the talent of even a "regular gangsta rapper." Even 50 Cent has some clever wordplay.

You gotta be pretty ignorant to think its only the last word of a line that matters. Lyrics are about way more than that. For example, Illogic is one of my favorite rappers. And I would say he lyrically shits on someone like Crooked I. But the guy doesn't even use multis most of the time. That verse from 50 is dope for what it is.

"Bout to get Bobby for some of that Whitney money" --Bobby Brown mooching off of Whitney

"Bryan McKnight I can get that nigga Anytime"  --Anytime is the name of a Bryan McKnight song

"Have Keith sweatin staring down the barrel of my nine" -- Keith Sweat? LMAO

Get the references? That's what makes the lyrics clever. He doesn't have to be a master of multis to have clever lines. Now Slim the Mobster on the other hand rhymes like those 3 lines you just made up. So again, what's clever about his wordplay?

Oh yes and to answer you response on ignorance thinking only the last words the rhyme matter, I made it clear and told you he USED HUMOR AND CONTENT in that song. Meaning the punch lines 50 used that you claim are so clever. I also stated that if you want to listen to great  rappers listen to crooked , eminem etc who use??? metaphors, similies, analogies, clever content, extensive vocab etc etc didnt I make that clear?? Its pretty obvious the rhymes are not the only thing on a GREAT VERSE dumbass.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2011, 06:31:47 PM »
LAC/Eastside <--- Your euro wigger ass needs to just shut up. You clearly don't know shit about lyricism, what you're referring to is rhyme scheme and saying Slim has a good rhyme scheme.

By the way, get Dr. Dre's dick out of your ass. Seriously, it doesn't matter if he doesn't like the song, but it does matter that you defend it so hard. It's like you have a hard on for Aftermath and all things Aftermath related. Fucking Dre STANS....go discuss Dre's deltoids you freak.

Another fucken groupie on my nutz/ What rhyme scheme you fucken idiot?? Read my post before you speak lame fuck. You guys are plying this shit out as if im making SLIM THE MOBSTER SEEM LIKE HE IS THE GREATEST MC of all time. I stated in the past thate before I heard the dude i literally thought he was NOOOO GOOD AT ALL. After i listened to his shit i REALIZED that he was not the rapper I thought he was and was better than I THOUGHT!!! Get it?? NO fucken shit he aint NAS lame.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2011, 06:49:38 PM »
Lol why are you bringing up Nas and Eminem? Aren't you the guy who just said its unfair to compare them? That's why I brought up 50 Cent. To show that Slim hasn't shown the talent of even a "regular gangsta rapper." Even 50 Cent has some clever wordplay.

You gotta be pretty ignorant to think its only the last word of a line that matters. Lyrics are about way more than that. For example, Illogic is one of my favorite rappers. And I would say he lyrically shits on someone like Crooked I. But the guy doesn't even use multis most of the time. That verse from 50 is dope for what it is.

"Bout to get Bobby for some of that Whitney money" --Bobby Brown mooching off of Whitney

"Bryan McKnight I can get that nigga Anytime"  --Anytime is the name of a Bryan McKnight song

"Have Keith sweatin staring down the barrel of my nine" -- Keith Sweat? LMAO

Get the references? That's what makes the lyrics clever. He doesn't have to be a master of multis to have clever lines. Now Slim the Mobster on the other hand rhymes like those 3 lines you just made up. So again, what's clever about his wordplay?

How many times do you need me to explain this shit?? NOOOOOOO FUCKEN SHIT!!!!! HAHAHA. OMG you just made an incredible discovery hahaha. First of all that was not even my point. How the fuck is getting a song from Bryan MCknight clever wordplay? Its like me saying I had that bitch riding me like a PONY - OH SHIT ITS GINUWINE!!! HAHAHA. What the fuck is so clever about that?? I was talking about the lyrics you fool. Any fucken dumbass can catch that. The only fucker that won't see that is a guy who has never listened to Brian Mckinght. So he would not understand that. I was talking about complex rhyming dumb ass. Weren't you the lame that wrote to me in the first place stating that Slim was not impressive? Welll, what i got from that was that you thought you were an expert critic. But than you bring up HOW TO ROB?? Get the fuck out of here!! I already told you what made that song special. THE CONTENT And HUMOR. Like the BOBBY SHIT AND BRIAN MCKINGHT but there is nothing complex about that you lame.

Somebody's feeling hurt. Calm down bro, its just an argument.

Did I say it was complex? Uh uh. I said it was clever enough for a gangster rapper. For the last time, I brought up How to Rob because YOU specifically SAID it wasn't fair to compare him to an Eminem. I could just as easily compared him to someone on my list but remember YOU said he shouldn't be compared to a legend. That's why I brought that song up. How can YOU criticize me for bringing up How to Rob when YOU'RE the one who said I shouldn't compare him to a great lyricist? Makes no sense.

I'm going to say this one more time. So pay attention this time.  Slim hasn't even come up with something on that level. Meaning he's a below-average gangsta rapper, assuming 50 is/was average. Meaning I see no reason to get excited over him.

Rappers don't have to be the next Eminem to get me to notice them. But there has to be some kind of talent there. Whether its Crooked I's multis or 50 Cent's humor/dissing of other rappers. I have yet to see anything from Slim. Maybe one day he'll prove me wrong, but as of now there's nothing to get excited about. And you're seriously riding hard for dude posting wack lyrics and trying to highlight internal rhymes that aren't there.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2011, 06:50:47 PM »
I stated in the past thate before I heard the dude i literally thought he was NOOOO GOOD AT ALL. After i listened to his shit i REALIZED that he was not the rapper I thought he was and was better than I THOUGHT!!!

What song made you realize this?

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »
I stated in the past thate before I heard the dude i literally thought he was NOOOO GOOD AT ALL. After i listened to his shit i REALIZED that he was not the rapper I thought he was and was better than I THOUGHT!!!

What song made you realize this?

Im not even mad homie, you just misunderstand me. You are taking this wrong and assuming im riding him hard or whatever but you are dead wrong. My point has always been the same, that when I first heard his shit, he was worse than most of the new shit NOW. So he surprised me in the sense that he was not as bad as I thought. Yes you used another gangster rapper like 50 but chose a poor song to compare. 50 has better shit than "how to rob". Saying Slim is BELOW AVERAGE is not accurate to me. I mean cmon dawg? below average is POOR! Poor is gucci maybe, young JOc, Ying Tang TWins etc etc etc. There has to be a reason why so many people praise this dude having skills like the DOC, who im sure you know he was no slouch in his day. Regardless, he still has much to prove to me and I probably exaggerated and used the wrong words to describe his rhymes. The verse i posted was the song, not trying to prove that he is a genius haha, but t show that STRUCTURALLY he is not a simple rapper. Ya dig? It's not about him overwhelming us with his amazing wordplay or rhyming skills. It was just to explain how the guy is not below average, at least to my criteria. If you consider him lower than average, than i respect your opinion but I do agree with you that he still has much to prove.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »
Earl Hayes > Slim the Mobster
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2011, 09:39:27 PM »
I agree 50 has better songs than How to Rob. But doesn't it say something that Slim doesn't even have something on that level? And that was one of the first tracks 50 made. But that song gave 50 some buzz and gave people a reason to check for him. Nothing I've heard from Slim has made me want to hear anything more from him. At this point I'm only checking because of the Dr. Dre association. Once that goes away I have a hard time believing even this forum will be following his career. That's how average/subpar he comes across to me. But hey if he manages to get an album release more power to him. I doubt it though. Presumably the reason the other artists were dropped was because of their lack of buzz, and Slim is getting the worst response out of all of them.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 11:35:57 AM »
I agree 50 has better songs than How to Rob. But doesn't it say something that Slim doesn't even have something on that level? And that was one of the first tracks 50 made. But that song gave 50 some buzz and gave people a reason to check for him. Nothing I've heard from Slim has made me want to hear anything more from him. At this point I'm only checking because of the Dr. Dre association. Once that goes away I have a hard time believing even this forum will be following his career. That's how average/subpar he comes across to me. But hey if he manages to get an album release more power to him. I doubt it though. Presumably the reason the other artists were dropped was because of their lack of buzz, and Slim is getting the worst response out of all of them.

Well for starters Slim don't even have an album yet and you're judging him on 5 fucken tracks that you heard, unless you've heard more because I haven't. 2nd, if you don't hear a guy on this forum, it doesn't mean they are wack. Many talented MC's have never been mentioned here. 3rd, 50 Cent had a BUZZ wit that track, not necessarily because it was something incredible but because it caused controversy calling out famous artist. His beef with Ja and him getting shot didn't hurt either. Lack of BUZZ don't always mean, lack of skill either (Joel ORTIZ getting dropped). Furthermore, I always felt that if you  judge an artist, the dude needs to have a great amount of tracks for people to make an accurate judgement and this guy does not even have an album. I personally don't pay much attention to new artist. I usually listen to the OLD SCHOOL and MC's that already have a track record. Most of the new shit that comes out is pathetic and the game has changed a lot. Slim has a much to prove to everyone AND AFTERMATH and 50 is just a fucken joke. He is a fucken sellout, that created a buzz with his criminal life, NOT SKILL. I used to think he was tight because i also consider when artist are REAL and spit that hardcore G shit  but he literally changed his style completely. It is what it is.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »

It was a good argument but lets just leave it in the past and ill play you some REAL SICK shit to be respected. Peace out homie.