Author Topic: itunes keeps splitting my cds  (Read 430 times)

LukeCPT

itunes keeps splitting my cds
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:52:33 PM »
it's pissing me off, i've got all tha classic albums from tha westcoast riped in 320kbps. i wanna put them in my ipod 64gb.
everytime i import cds to itunes some of my cds splits into multi abums and also tha tracklist gets fucked up on other cds .
don't know why cuz every cd has tha info itunes needs (album name.artist,track name and release date) yet itunes still fucks with my cds.

awol22222

Re: itunes keeps splitting my cds
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
Is the information for all the albums correct?

LukeCPT

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »

yes

Anunikke

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 09:57:52 AM »

yes
Edit them in itunes as well.

Portugoal

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
What's wrong with winamp?

Will_B

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 10:11:29 AM »
it's pissing me off, i've got all tha classic albums from tha westcoast riped in 320kbps. i wanna put them in my ipod 64gb.
everytime i import cds to itunes some of my cds splits into multi abums and also tha tracklist gets fucked up on other cds .
don't know why cuz every cd has tha info itunes needs (album name.artist,track name and release date) yet itunes still fucks with my cds.

Don't panic. ;)

If an album has features ie

1 Snoop Dogg
2 Snoop Dogg ft Soopafly
3 Snoop Dogg ft Goldie loc
4 Snoop Dogg

iTunes will split the album unless you enter 'album artist' as 'Snoop Dogg'.

...and if it's a compilation select the whole album, get info and tick 'compilation' in options tab.

Any problems just ask.

LukeCPT

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »
thanks og will_b
i've used the options tab-complation and tha album is whole. tha problem now is after doing so tha tracklist isn't in order.i've tried to re-writting it but it just fucked it up more so.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:03:18 PM by LukeCPT »

Will_B

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »
thanks og will_b
i've used the options tab-complation and tha album is whole. tha problem now is after doing so tha tracklist isn't in order.i've tried to re-writting it but it just fucked it up more so.

If all the tracks are numbered properly, you just need to be viewing each album in the right order. Did you make the compilation from a real CD? Sometimes if you download rips from the net, the track number tags can be missing, or tags messed up in other ways - unfortunately you'll need to edit them yourself from time to time.

Real CD's you import don't have that problem normally, just the 'album artist' or 'compilation' is needed sometimes.

P.S. Make sure the album field it clicked at top left to view the album from the top down...

Anunikke

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 03:55:03 AM »
Why is 'part of compilation even neccisary'?

As long as the artist album is correct it won't split the album.

Will_B

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 04:04:14 AM »

Well if it's a Various Artists compilation, you wouldn't want to enter one artist name for the whole compilation. Unless it's something like Snoop's Welcome to the Chuuch. :monkey:

MistaNova

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 04:23:32 AM »
It's probably because most West Coast releases have so many features that the album feels like a compiliation.
The Chronic, 2001, Doggystyle, All Eyez On Me, Personal Business, They Call Me Mr. Kane, The General's List etc....
And people say dope artists could carry out whole albums by themselves ::).

Anunikke

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 09:46:09 AM »

Well if it's a Various Artists compilation, you wouldn't want to enter one artist name for the whole compilation. Unless it's something like Snoop's Welcome to the Chuuch. :monkey:
Like I said, if the album artists is usually the same it doesn't really matter.
It still separates them in the cover flow but that just makes it easier to find them, multiple access points.

LukeCPT

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 08:57:22 PM »
No,the compilation album is N.W.A and The Pose. I've dl'd the album agian and this time the tracklist didn't get fucked up.
Do u know what may cause itunes to fucked up an album's tracklist like this. In the folder the tracklist are in order, it got fucked up after I've imported the album on itunes.
There is a way to fix this cuz I don't really wanna keep downloading them very time itunes fucks up the tracklist.

Also when I view my albums on itunes sepreate the tracklist on the albums are in order but when I view all the albums at once all most all albums tracklist's are fucked up.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:00:45 PM by LukeCPT »

Will_B

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 05:34:59 AM »
No,the compilation album is N.W.A and The Pose. I've dl'd the album agian and this time the tracklist didn't get fucked up.
Do u know what may cause itunes to fucked up an album's tracklist like this. In the folder the tracklist are in order, it got fucked up after I've imported the album on itunes.
There is a way to fix this cuz I don't really wanna keep downloading them very time itunes fucks up the tracklist.

Also when I view my albums on itunes sepreate the tracklist on the albums are in order but when I view all the albums at once all most all albums tracklist's are fucked up.

Simple answer! No track number tags. ;)

Enter the numbers from the track name to the 'track number' tag box. And they need to be 1, 2, 3 etc. not 01, 02, 03... ;)

Portugoal

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 12:55:49 PM »
Why use iTunes when you can use Winamp? I really don't get it.

All iTunes does is slow down my computer :-\