Author Topic: King Tee - Thy Kingdom Comes - underrated classic!!  (Read 1012 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: King Tee - Thy Kingdom Comes - underrated classic!!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »
dres always wanted some of that r and b cake...im not talking about did a beat for mjb or did a track or two for bilal...i mean take an r and b act and release that shit under his label with him over seeing the project he hasnt been able to do that yet.

truth hurts was a good album to me but off the strength of so addictive he still couldnt move units...i wonder though if he had released that after the g unit explosion if the out come would have been different...around 2004 everything aftermath put out was tight.

Desert Lord

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »
dres always wanted some of that r and b cake...im not talking about did a beat for mjb or did a track or two for bilal...i mean take an r and b act and release that shit under his label with him over seeing the project he hasnt been able to do that yet.

truth hurts was a good album to me but off the strength of so addictive he still couldnt move units...i wonder though if he had released that after the g unit explosion if the out come would have been different...around 2004 everything aftermath put out was tight.

good point...
and mabye the bilal joints wasn't even r&b..i mean that kind of music thats called "r&b" nowadays...the whole bilal music is more of a soul / neo soul type of shit (good shit, by the way..listen to his new album "airtight's revenge) but fuck categories...music is music

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »
shoot me a link i like bilal but havent heard his shit since his first album

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 01:19:26 AM »
check out dr dre presents the aftermath...alot of shitty attempts at r and b on there.

thats one market dre cant crack...the r and b circuit. yeah he did michelle (20 years ago) and he had a hit with mjb but he dropped the ball with that envouge chick...

thats one thing id give timberland props for is being able to cross genres.

yeah, but he also produced mary j a few years later...truth hurts, bilal...
he was always fuckin' with other genres...

Yeah, but ummmm.....Truth Hurts.
lol, but the project could have sold better if it weren't for that lawsuit

So Much Style

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
on to subject from my other rant...this album has plenty for fans of west coast shit (Skweez YA BAlls, Its Ruff, Shake Da spot) and lyrics with that straight g-shit over top notch production (The Chron, Money & Speak On It) plenty of surprises (Wheres T?, 6nna Mornin', Reel Raw & THe Original) have some thing different to offer from the albums feel while some are out dated (Step On BY, Got It Locked, even Lets Make A V, doesnt fit the over all vibe of the album but sits in nicely along the aforementioned)
if you add dope tracks he dropped while on Aftermath (Str8 Gone, I Dont Wanna Die & Quiet As Kept) make the revisit worth while aswell

Did DRE produce "I dont wanna die" ? kinda sounds like his steez around that period?
So much style back at it again

Mietek23

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 02:49:39 AM »
Someone should remake that OG cover using the OG pics from T's myspace 8)

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 03:18:29 AM »
Someone should remake that OG cover using the OG pics from T's myspace 8)

definitely

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 03:20:14 AM »
(I Dont Wanna Die & Quiet As Kept)

Got a link to those songs? Also, Truth Hurt's album was terrible. None of the production fitted her style, I don't think her album should've dropped. Also, I remember Dr. Dre got involved with Governor's career too. Govenor by himself is a good artist, but over Dr. Dre beats hell no - shit's wack as fuck. If you want to know what I'm talking about listen to Governor's Still Here mixtape. It's all Dr. Dre/Aftermath shit.

Mietek23

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 05:33:53 AM »
Someone with Photoshop skills should recreate the OG cover using pics posted below:

C'mon y'all - let's make it happen 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 10:57:59 AM »

Got a link to those songs? Also, Truth Hurt's album was terrible. None of the production fitted her style, I don't think her album should've dropped. Also, I remember Dr. Dre got involved with Governor's career too. Govenor by himself is a good artist, but over Dr. Dre beats hell no - shit's wack as fuck. If you want to know what I'm talking about listen to Governor's Still Here mixtape. It's all Dr. Dre/Aftermath shit.
but Dre is credited for a scott storch production on that mixtape, i forgot the trackname. but the beat is from one of Stacee adamz' songs

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 11:27:32 AM »

but Dre is credited for a scott storch production on that mixtape, i forgot the trackname. but the beat is from one of Stacee adamz' songs

Yeah, but it's probably Dre mixed.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2027/title.dr-dre-chooses-the-governor

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
"Thy Kingdom Come" = extremely over rated

King T/King Tee = beast

Dr. Dre has always wanted to go down the positive route and has never had success and it's possible he may never (even though I could be wrong with Kendrick; but I don't think he'll ignite the world on fire like Eminem has tho, but he could do something).  Anyways, like I said Dr. Dre has always tried to get away from "goin hard" on records with artists like Rakim, Bishop Lamont, and now Kendrick Lamar/K.Dot (i guess he's kinda stayed true to his word the whole time, just none of them ever took off).  

As far as the RnB route goes, Dr. Dre shouldn't even bother, he's just not that good at RnB music.  Maybe when he's like 76 and still producing he might drop a gem on us but I doubt it.  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/WJOoDsaRTIs&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/WJOoDsaRTIs&amp;feature=related</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 01:33:44 AM »

Yeah, but it's probably Dre mixed.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2027/title.dr-dre-chooses-the-governor
never read that before, thanks.