Author Topic: Xzibit, Richie Rich Announced Part Of Mack 10's Revived Hoo Bangin' Records  (Read 1057 times)

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Mack 10 revamps his 14 year-old label with a new distribution deal, and a roster that includes Mitchy Slick, The LBC Crew, Glasses Malone, Richie Rich, and Mr. X-to-the-Z.

In the late 1990s, Inglewood, California emcee Mack 10 launched Hoo Bangin' Records. The Priority-distributed label released projects from the likes of MC Eiht, CJ Mac, The Comrades and Mack 10 himself. After the Westside Connection member signed with Cash Money Records, Hoo Bangin' releases slowed, and the initial roster vacated the imprint.

This morning, it was announced that Mack 10 has revived Hoo Bangin'. Mack has signed a new distribution with Fontana, and revealed that he has a new lineup of respected veteran emcees, most notably Xzibit. The platinum artist Xzibit will be joined by his former Strong Arm Steady band-mate Mitchy Slick, Oakland's Richie Rich, Glasses Malone and former Snoop Dogg group, The LBC Crew - with includes original Hoo Bangin' emcee Techniec.

The first release for the revamped Hoo Bangin' is Mack 10 and Glasses Malone's collaborative release, Mack/Malone, due April 12. The long-delayed release will be Glasses' first retail album, while his Universal/Cash Money solo debut, The Beach Cruiser remains without a planned release date.

In a statement, Mack 10 said the following: "The Mack/Malone project is the perfect way to let folks know that Hoo Bangin' is coming back strong. We have been working really hard to make this release a memorable project for our fans. I want Hoo Bangin' to become the home of the best on the west."

EnzoUK

nice roster!
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Ive got such a hard time gettin excited about ANY statement released in hip-hop  :-X

BiggBoogaBiff

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
Dope Roster...  12 Years Ago

BiggBoogaBiff

Dope Roster...  12 Years Ago

Hoo Bangin' Records is a niche' for #OG_Musik i guess

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Wow thats actually a nice roster. Hopefully they deliver with dope music.

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
real LBC Crew studio album would be great

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Xzibit only signed cuz he is broke, right?
he is 10000 times bigger than Mack 10

reminds me of that laughable deal Ras Kass did wit the kid 40 Glocc

Okka

Good to hear that LBC Crew signed with Hoo-Bangin. Does anybody know if Young Tre is still fuckin with Mack 10? I would love to hear Bad Azz, Lil C-Style and Techniec over his beats. There isn't many beats from him that i haven't liked.

wardy

Re: Xzibit, Richie Rich Announced Part Of Mack 10's Revived Hoo Bangin' Records
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 09:47:46 AM »
I've just asked Bad Azz if its true on twitter as ive spoken to him a few times on there, cool guy and he said

badazzlbcbadazz carabino @WardyPne where did u here that newz ??? Its crazy the thingz people say !!! Hmmmm I wonder ???

So ive gave him the link to HiphopDx and i'll let you know what his reply is!

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 10:21:52 AM »
Xzibit only signed cuz he is broke, right?
he is 10000 times bigger than Mack 10

reminds me of that laughable deal Ras Kass did wit the kid 40 Glocc

don't agree. they're both great rappers with classic albums under their belts. Xzibit was cool when he was doing his backpack kind of rap, but he wasnt that great at gangsta rap.

Nice roster but let's see if they manage to release that Mack/Malone album first. Right now, I doubt any Glasses Malone project will ever come out lol
Hoo Bangin had their chances in the late 90's to become one of the best labels in the west with such rappers as The Comrads, AFTI, CJ Mac, Techniec and Mc Eiht but it didn't live up to its promises, although they did put out some very good albums like the Hoo Bangin compilations (2002, 2003) and Thicker Than Water album, but regarding to the former roster's potential, it failed overall...

let's see if Richie Rich can come with something fresh... I doubt it but I hope i'll be surprised.

this reminds me how DPG Recordz at some point claimed to have Sylk E. Fine, Chico & Coolwadda, Daddy V, Tha Twinz and a bunch of solid westcoast rappers signed but it quickly fizzled out.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
^
ur talkin about subjective quality,
im talkin bout their careers. X is on a higher level as far as recognition in the mainstream and internationaly

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »
LBC Crew & Richie Rich?! this is dope!!!!

8)