Author Topic: the most impressive record in sports history....  (Read 151 times)

OG Hack Wilson

the most impressive record in sports history....
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »
John Stockton:

1987-88:  49 games of 13+ assists
1988-89:  50 games of 13+ assists
1989-90:  49 games of 13+ assists
1990-91:  55 games of 13+ assists
1991-92:  48 games of 13+ assists

= 251 games of 13 or more assists in 5 seasons.

in comparison...Magic's best was 41 games with 13+ assists and Steve Nash's best was 29 games with 13+ assists

I think Stockton's record is set in stone....
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: the most impressive record in sports history....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 06:28:22 AM »
Chris Paul isn't in Miami yet. :P

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
my boy Rondo has 20 games so far this year
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 02:40:50 PM »
If Peyton makes it to 300 consecutive starts and retires with out ever missing a start from the moment he was drafted to the day he retired it'll be his record forever. Of course he's about 6 seasons away from that, so it's unlikely in my eyes that he'll even play that long whether the start record is on the line or not.

But here's to 6 year from now Peyton Manning getting his 300th consecutive start, finishing with 60TDs and 5400 yards in that 18 game season, with his 6th MVP and his 4th straight and 5th total Superbowl Ring. And celebrating the 10th birthday of his newly adopted son John Edward Thomas Moynahan, whose absentee father committed suicide right after Peyton's 51st TD in week 15.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »
If Peyton makes it to 300 consecutive starts and retires with out ever missing a start from the moment he was drafted to the day he retired it'll be his record forever. Of course he's about 6 seasons away from that, so it's unlikely in my eyes that he'll even play that long whether the start record is on the line or not.

But here's to 6 year from now Peyton Manning getting his 300th consecutive start, finishing with 60TDs and 5400 yards in that 18 game season, with his 6th MVP and his 4th straight and 5th total Superbowl Ring. And celebrating the 10th birthday of his newly adopted son John Edward Thomas Moynahan, whose absentee father committed suicide right after Peyton's 51st TD in week 15.

I'm waiting for someone to come in here and post one of the following:

-Tom Brady's 50 TD    (which he needed 100 more passes to beat PEyton's 49)
-Kone Bryant's 81   (homer Laker fans forgetting Wilt has the record of 100)
-Cy Young's 511 wins  (as if anyone is going to ever reach this deadball era record)
-Hack Wilson's 191 RBI   (because Dubcc's best ever poster is named after him)
-Nolan Ryan's strikeout record   (forgetting the fact a strikeout record is worthless if you never win a Cy Young award in your 50 years pitching)

but that Stockton stat is ILL

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 06:38:04 PM »

-Cy Young's 511 wins  (as if anyone is going to ever reach this deadball era record)
-Nolan Ryan's strikeout record   (forgetting the fact a strikeout record is worthless if you never win a Cy Young award in your 50 years pitching)

You can't blame Nolan for not winning an award other people vote for. In 1981 he finished with a 1.69 era 21 starts,11 wins, 140 strikeouts, 3 shutouts, 99 hits against, 28 earned runs and only 2 homeruns allowed against but finished 4th in the NL Cy Young voting. The winner had a 2.48 era, 25 starts, 13 wins, 180 strikeouts, 8 shutouts, 140 hits against, 53 earned runs allowed with 11 homeruns.

Please tell me how Fernando Valenzuela wins by three spots over Ryan.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »

You can't blame Nolan for not winning an award other people vote for. In 1981 he finished with a 1.69 era 21 starts,11 wins, 140 strikeouts, 3 shutouts, 99 hits against, 28 earned runs and only 2 homeruns allowed against but finished 4th in the NL Cy Young voting. The winner had a 2.48 era, 25 starts, 13 wins, 180 strikeouts, 8 shutouts, 140 hits against, 53 earned runs allowed with 11 homeruns.

Please tell me how Fernando Valenzuela wins by three spots over Ryan.

sorta like how that fat fuckface Bartolo Colon stole Marinao Rivera's cYA :(