Author Topic: doctors advocate or i need a doctor?  (Read 991 times)

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: doctors advocate or i need a doctor?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »
I think he holds inad closest to his heart coz hes on the song and they're both declaring their love for each other. Plus it gives You chills.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:04:18 AM by CraigF »

'EclipZe

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »
DA hands down.

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »
I think he holds inad closest to his heart coz hes on the song and they're both declaring their love for each other.
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:04 AM »
They're both gay as fuck and anyone who listens to them more than once must question their sexuality.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 11:46:55 AM »
Doctors Advocate. If I remember right, the beat was fire. 8)

Note - My tank is sugarless. Just sayin'.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »
FYI, since you just mentioned it, I think it's officially been 10 years for Detox now. I know it was announced in February 2001 (like in the music video), so that would be officially 10 years! And UNLIKE all the other "long-awaited" albums in music history (Chinese Democracy being the obvious one) this one WAS actually worked on for 10 fuckin years and close to 5000 tracks made!

No. Dre just recently said that he didnt really put any effort in to the album before the last 6 months or so.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »
FYI, since you just mentioned it, I think it's officially been 10 years for Detox now. I know it was announced in February 2001 (like in the music video), so that would be officially 10 years! And UNLIKE all the other "long-awaited" albums in music history (Chinese Democracy being the obvious one) this one WAS actually worked on for 10 fuckin years and close to 5000 tracks made!

No. Dre just recently said that he didnt really put any effort in to the album before the last 6 months or so.

He always says shit like that, but if you were around for at least the past 6 or 7 years and have been hearing about Dre/Detox then you would know what i'm talking about. Theres a reason 3000-5000 tracks have been made with a ridiculous number of instrumentals submitted.

And to answer the original question: I really don't think Dre even heard D.A. or cared for it at all. Ok, maybe he heard it, but I doubt Dre gave a fuck about that song at all, hence why they haven't been close since '05 (until '09). Its too bad nobody ever gets any in-depth interviews with Dre (maybe like once every 3 years) and asks him some real questions.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 12:47:38 PM »

He always says shit like that, but if you were around for at least the past 6 or 7 years and have been hearing about Dre/Detox then you would know what i'm talking about. Theres a reason 3000-5000 tracks have been made with a ridiculous number of instrumentals submitted.

And to answer the original question: I really don't think Dre even heard D.A. or cared for it at all. Ok, maybe he heard it, but I doubt Dre gave a fuck about that song at all, hence why they haven't been close since '05 (until '09). Its too bad nobody ever gets any in-depth interviews with Dre (maybe like once every 3 years) and asks him some real questions.

it would be pretty stupid to go out and say ''yeah I didnt really feel the whole project so it was randomly worked on a few times these past 8 years'' if he really did put work in to the album?

and where do you get those numbers from?

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
The numbers change from person to person, but anyone who's been with Dre for a while says that, most noteably Bishop Lamont (and that was 2 years ago). I remember hearing Focus, Stat Quo, and so many more talk about the amount of work put into Detox, so when Dre says things like that it's usually because maybe HE hasn't actually set aside the specific time to work 100% on it, other than the "last 6 months", which he's said MANY times since '01.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 12:56:38 PM »
Think we will never know for sure though. lol .

and Im sure some of the artists sayin shit has just been a part of building hype

Sikotic™

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 01:09:07 PM »
Let's be real about this recent stream of male love songs that have been released in the past couple of years.

Would this kind of faggotry be tolerated between '94-'97?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 01:11:23 PM »
both gay songs, but the beat Game chose is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

lol @ Dre not including 50 and Game in the new video tho

Trust me he did that on purpose

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 01:11:44 PM »
Let's be real about this recent stream of male love songs that have been released in the past couple of years.

Its dre tho. It  gives people mad chills.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:31:48 PM by CraigF »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »

well he's contradicting himself then

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2011, 01:26:40 PM »

Noooooooooooo, they're making their way into Rap music :'(