Author Topic: As a "Dre-Beat-Ologist" I present his TOP 5 BEATS EVER  (Read 1170 times)

So Much Style

As a "Dre-Beat-Ologist" I present his TOP 5 BEATS EVER
« on: February 25, 2011, 08:29:23 PM »
Yall know I listen to them dre beats all day and have a collection of every beat the dude has made.... We all feel mostly the same, that his tightest shit is 1995-2002, with his shit from 1991-1994 being G FUNKED and dope as fuck (chronic, mwtc, doggystle, dogg food (respect, lets play house), all eyez on me, etc...) and his era from 2003-current being pretty shaky... Anyhow, I have spent a ton of time bumping all of Dre's finest work and IMO and many others these are the TOP 5 DRE BEATS of all time (not necessarily his most commercial success songs):

1. bitch please (snoop, dre, xzibit, nate)WOW!! This shit is soooo good. The beat makes me want to break my neck everytime i hear it. do yall hear the shit goin on with the drums on this one? this is modern day G Funk with a new age technology touch and something so good that i will never get tired of it! This is Dre's best beat and he threw snoop and nate on it to make it one of the best tracks he's ever been a part of (and there are tons, believe me!)

2. outta control remix (dre, 50, mobb deep)now this is what im talking bout!!! This is Detox shit that if it came out today, people would GO NUTS. This is beautiful music and smooth, classy rap done at its best. 50 is also at his prime for writing hooks at this time so this is a classic ass track!

3. oh (dre, busta, obie)soooo sick!! best keys, best drums, just missing some bass or coulda been even higher.

4. cant c me (dre, 2pac) awesome beat that sounds alot like dre's work on doggystyle (samples same track as whats my name?, soooo bangin!), and 2pac has more emotion on this track than any track ever before (and that says alot!!)

poppin them thangs (dre, scott storch on the keys, g unit)
During that early detox era. Scott storch at his best and a true headnodder and the performers are all great.

Close but no cigar:
Family affair
xxplosive
light speed
Truck Volume
Hennessey and Buddah
U know
jus dippin
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:31:23 PM by So Much Style »
So much style back at it again

Stan

Re: As a "Dre-Beat-Ologist" I present his TOP 5 BEATS EVER
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 08:58:03 PM »
Yall know I listen to them dre beats all day and have a collection of every beat the dude has made.... We all feel mostly the same...

You gotta be trolling  ::)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »
Yall know I listen to them dre beats all day and have a collection of every beat the dude has made.... We all feel mostly the same...

You gotta be trolling  ::)

I hope so because I don't know if any of those would make his ten best beats, besides "Can't C Me" lol.

So Much Style

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 09:08:09 PM »
bitch please and outta control remix not in top 10? are you fucking kidding? slap yourself!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »
bitch please and outta control remix not in top 10? are you fucking kidding? slap yourself!

Have you not heard Still D.R.E., The Next Episode, Forgot About Dre, X, Nuttin' But A G Thang, Straight Outta Compton, If I Can't, California Love, Gin & Juice, What's The Difference, Westside Story?

These aren't even in your honorable mentions lol. Those two beats are dope, but these are much better beats. Outta Control Remix is better then Bitch Please (production).

Jimmy H.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 09:18:35 PM »
No mention of "Keep Their Heads Ringin"? For shame.

Matty

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 12:03:26 AM »
some good choices (especially outta control remix) but this is gonna be heavily disputed from person to person. don't really understand how 'oh' is that good...yes the beat switches up a couple of times, but from that set of dre beats the set-up is far better - much more heading nodding, harder hitting. you said it yourself 'oh' is pretty light on the bass.

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 03:31:53 AM »
In order to avoid people catching feelings you need to make this a top 1000 beats ever so nothing gets left out.

And just for the record the top 5 are

Alwayz Into Somethin
Natural Born Killaz
California Love Remix
Bitch Please
High Powered

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 04:12:40 AM »
Top 5

1. Deep Cover  8)
2. Outta Control Remix
3. Fuck You
4. Get You Some
5. The Next Episode (Video Outro Beat)

and dont hate you cunts. this is MY FAVS!

damn to just pick 5 is incredibly difficult.

One certain thing though is that Deep Cover is my all time fav beat!

edit: hmm.. not sure about Fuck You. it stays though.

Will_B

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 04:15:20 AM »
The Pittsburgh era 8)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 06:59:08 AM »
If you're talking about great beats in the pure sense of the term, I don't see how you can leave off Mind Blowin by The D.O.C.  Sure, Dre went on to create more masterful productions (e.g. Real Niggaz Don't Die, G Thang, Cali Love), but you specifically mentioned beats, so I think Mind Blowin's got to be on there :)
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Stan

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:25 AM »
I found this a lot on this forum so I had to ask: what is so special about Outta Control remix.  Just to double, that's the track with 50 and Mobb Deep with the slow piano right?

REPDATWESTCOAST

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 08:21:03 AM »
I found this a lot on this forum so I had to ask: what is so special about Outta Control remix.  Just to double, that's the track with 50 and Mobb Deep with the slow piano right?

yeah thats the one.  suprised me a lil bit how so many people like outta control remix but IMO it caught many off gaurd like damn look what dre did

its a toss up between bitch please part 1 and 2.
but it be hard to choose a top 5 with dre cuz hes so great in what he does
but if i had to choose and come up with a list real quik id say this

in no order
1.poppin them thangs
2.california love
3.next episode outro (weird thing about this one at times im like damn this is boring but then im like nah this is some next level shit)
4.outta control remix (another 1 im like damn its laid back but its some next level shit)
5.chin check

again thats a list i came up with so it could change due to what dre has done in the rap game and it being hard to narrow it down

honrable mention:
1.put it on me with dj quik
2.the wash
3.jus dippin
4.Hennessey And Buddah
5.Murder Dem Murderers
6.fast lane
7.x
the list can go on ad on
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:55:10 AM by REPDATWESTCOAST »

So Much Style

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 08:33:20 AM »
im glad most of you offered your top 5 and didnt get offended that your favorite beat wasnt on the list....Deep cover, keep their heads ringin, cali love, etc...are all great but In my PERSONAL OPINION, the shit he was doing on the list i posted is more next level and advanced. If dre released detox and it was a bunch of poppin them thangs/oh/bitch please/outta control remix beats people would still go nuts today. Sure there are tons to choose from, shit almost the whole 2001 album but I just wanted to spark some conversation on peoples top 5. 8)

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 08:59:35 AM »
If you're talking about great beats in the pure sense of the term, I don't see how you can leave off Mind Blowin by The D.O.C.  Sure, Dre went on to create more masterful productions (e.g. Real Niggaz Don't Die, G Thang, Cali Love), but you specifically mentioned beats, so I think Mind Blowin's got to be on there :)
[/quote

I was just listening to that D.O.C. album last week, and yeah Mind Blowin is dope, but it's no where near top 5