Author Topic: Back Pack Rap - what is it to you, and can it really be defined?  (Read 323 times)

Not_anunikke

• Lil Geezy
Re: Back Pack Rap - what is it to you, and can it really be defined?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 01:19:13 PM »
Back packer describes a certain type of fan not a certain type of rapper.
These are the guys that would have second thoughts about their favourite rappers if that rapper became mainstream. Not hating, I'm probably one of them.

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 01:32:41 PM »
These are the guys that would have second thoughts about their favourite rappers if that rapper became mainstream. Not hating, I'm probably one of them.

Ok cool. So why the term Back pack?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
underground would be the most precise term. to me backpacker label is a stereotype as far as music. but these days the hippie girls (boys) wear them wit the tight jeans and shit. i guess if that what you aiming for than i understand what you are trying to say.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Not_anunikke

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2011, 01:58:32 AM »

From what I heard it's because before the MP3 these people had back packs where they kept some of their music collection which consisted of underground artists along with their graffiti sprays.
Now it's just a derogatory term used against fans who will attack everything that comes out of the mainstream.

Will_B

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 02:01:38 AM »

From what I heard it's because before the MP3 these people had back packs where they kept some of their music collection which consisted of underground artists along with their graffiti sprays.
Now it's just a derogatory term used against fans who will attack everything that comes out of the mainstream.

Ahhh got you!

Maybe dubcc needs to be renamed then ;D