Author Topic: Better Point Guards That Would Fit The Lakers  (Read 412 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Better Point Guards That Would Fit The Lakers
« on: March 01, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
1. Jason Terry
2. Chauncey Billups
3. Stephen Curry
4. Mo Williams
5. Chris Duhon
6. Kirk Hinrich
7. Jordan Farmar (yea i said it)

i picked mainly PGs that would fit in the triangle, and not in terms of overall talent.

the PG in the lakers triangle with kobe is basically a 2 guard, all the PG is supposed to do is make open 3s, pass down low, and defend other PGs.

i didnt pick PG that are major ball handlers or PGs that arnt good off ball.

if id include shooting/combo guards

1. Eric Gordon
2. OJ Mayo
3. Ben Gordon
4. Rudy Fernandez

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Better Point Guards That Would Fit The Lakers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »
BJ Armstrong
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »
Are you not counting all-stars?

Russell Westbrook will be your PG soon enough lol.

theremedy360

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »
Are you not counting all-stars?

Russell Westbrook will be your PG soon enough lol.

I think that he didn't include Westbrook because he doesn't have much of a jumpshot which is an important part of the triangle, regardless, Westbrook on the Lakers would be crazy lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM »
Still, regardless of a jumpshot, if he truly believes that Jason Terry would be better for the Lakers then Chris Paul & Derrick Rose, that's sick lol.

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 06:00:29 PM »
Kirk Hinrich would be awesome there
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 09:12:41 PM »
Still, regardless of a jumpshot, if he truly believes that Jason Terry would be better for the Lakers then Chris Paul & Derrick Rose, that's sick lol.

because rose and cp3 need the ball to be 100% effective, and they arnt good 3 point shooters let alone catch and shoot. all the crazy stuff they do would be limited because they wouldnt be handling the ball kobe will.

terry, billups, mo, curry, duhon, kirk are good off ball and their proven to be good off the ball. and would thrive think about all the open shots that fisher or blakes get or open lanes. i just think it would be a major upgrade.

i mean i dont see rose and cp3 thriving playing off ball and just catching and shooting. and with kobe handling the ball so much i doubt theyd tally up the assists.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »

because rose and cp3 need the ball to be 100% effective, and they arnt good 3 point shooters let alone catch and shoot. all the crazy stuff they do would be limited because they wouldnt be handling the ball kobe will.

terry, billups, mo, curry, duhon, kirk are good off ball and their proven to be good off the ball. and would thrive think about all the open shots that fisher or blakes get or open lanes. i just think it would be a major upgrade.

i mean i dont see rose and cp3 thriving playing off ball and just catching and shooting. and with kobe handling the ball so much i doubt theyd tally up the assists.

man...

Rose or Paul would STILL be better lol. Remember, you are watching these guys...and their style of play is sometimes due to what they are NEEDED to do with their current team. Rose is needed to dominate right now. Paul is needed to dominate the ball as well. Their talent is at a level where Im sure they could adjust their game. If the Lakers had a chance to land either of those two, they would do it in a heartbeat. Its getting to be about that time where Kobe should be playing off Pau more anyways, and not be dominating the ball so much himself.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 01:29:55 AM »

man...

Rose or Paul would STILL be better lol. Remember, you are watching these guys...and their style of play is sometimes due to what they are NEEDED to do with their current team. Rose is needed to dominate right now. Paul is needed to dominate the ball as well. Their talent is at a level where Im sure they could adjust their game. If the Lakers had a chance to land either of those two, they would do it in a heartbeat. Its getting to be about that time where Kobe should be playing off Pau more anyways, and not be dominating the ball so much himself.

but i would think its waste of talent, and i know kobes gonna be the dominant guard, i mean u know this niggas ego. i mean billups, terry , curry etc etc are better 3 point shooters. their talent just isnt needed we need pgs that good off ball, and hit open 3s,

the only upgrade would be defense imo.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 06:34:57 AM »
i think all other 29 teams have a better PG than Fisher at this point lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 06:49:23 AM »
LOL, if the Lakers had any top PG, they would be unbeatable.

You can say "triangle this, triangle that" but lets not act like Kobe gets away from that at times & goes into free-flow-rogue mode & just does whatever. If you got a top PG, penatrating & kicking out & hitting threes, it wouldn't even be fair. Kobe would get better looks, would be set up, would even be better.

Rondo can't hit a jumpshot outside of six feet, it's a fact. But he would be better for the Lakers then anyone on that list.

Sure, everybody you named is an upgrade from Derek Fisher & those would be good realistic replacements. But analysts think Russell Westbrook could be heading to LA when his contract is up & even though he's not a deadly three point shooter, he would make the Lakers virtually unbeatable.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 03:44:55 PM »

i guess u dont understand the meaning of this thread, dumbshit...TRIANGLE point guard, meaning a point guard suited for the traingle offense. this is not a thread about pipe-dreams and which superstars would be cool to see in LA. it's about which point guard is ideal for the triangle offense ala bj armstrong, ron harper, brian shaw, etc.

hack, you are easily the dumbest guy when it comes to analyzing the nba....no offense, because you used to be chill before you hopped on the bandwaggon of riding my nuts, but do you seriously know anything about basketball? aside from some of the trades u vetoed in your league this year, I've NEVER seen you drop any legit knowledge or insight in regards to the sport of basketball....i hope you're not this bad with football.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »
LOL, if the Lakers had any top PG, they would be unbeatable.

You can say "triangle this, triangle that" but lets not act like Kobe gets away from that at times & goes into free-flow-rogue mode & just does whatever. If you got a top PG, penatrating & kicking out & hitting threes, it wouldn't even be fair. Kobe would get better looks, would be set up, would even be better.

Rondo can't hit a jumpshot outside of six feet, it's a fact. But he would be better for the Lakers then anyone on that list.

Sure, everybody you named is an upgrade from Derek Fisher & those would be good realistic replacements. But analysts think Russell Westbrook could be heading to LA when his contract is up & even though he's not a deadly three point shooter, he would make the Lakers virtually unbeatable.

yea sure kobe says fuck the offense n does his own thing, but even when they set pick and rolls the PG or SF always gets leaved open when they come in for the double team, if we have rondo and westbrook and they dont hit that open J it just goes against the whole teams offense.

these guys arnt gonna run the offense with kobe on the team period. i dont see them doing anything excepting dishing down low, hitting open 3s, and gettin inside transition points. we're an older team, y not have PGs that can defend, play off ball, and HIT AN OPEN 3, it makes our life at lot easier, rather than having a top notch point guard not being able to do what is asked of him.

the only thing that we benefit from having a super star PG is the defense, and the inside transition points which are bonus because we dont need out PG penetrating inside, we have much more options and bigs to do that.

its just way waste of talent and im not sure i want another perimeter player being the 2nd or 3rd option leaving gasol, bynum, and odom behind. i rather have kobe chuck all the shots he want, the bigs pounding it inside, and my PG and sf's to hit an occasional or needed clutch 3 pointer or drive it inside (but we all know its almost impossible with our blake/fisher tandem)

because i really cant see kobe playing with cp3, rondo, or anyone ele running the offense. i mean shit id trust kobe running shit than anyother player in the league, thats why hes a legend and imo the best in the league.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 08:05:32 PM »

i guess u dont understand the meaning of this thread, dumbshit...TRIANGLE point guard, meaning a point guard suited for the traingle offense. this is not a thread about pipe-dreams and which superstars would be cool to see in LA. it's about which point guard is ideal for the triangle offense ala bj armstrong, ron harper, brian shaw, etc.

LOL, TELL ME RIGHT NOW, MR. BASKETBALL. Tell me right now you'd "rather have" Jason Terry then Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook or Derrick Rose.

This nigga straight up said he'd prefer Jason Terry because he fits the system better. GTFO.

Hop off the nut sack like "I read it wrong". Don't a selective reader, son. ::)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »

LOL, TELL ME RIGHT NOW, MR. BASKETBALL. Tell me right now you'd "rather have" Jason Terry then Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook or Derrick Rose.

This nigga straight up said he'd prefer Jason Terry because he fits the system better. GTFO.

Hop off the nut sack like "I read it wrong". Don't a selective reader, son. ::)

Mr Basketball can't even follow other sports because they are too complex :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens