Author Topic: Was Wale right?  (Read 391 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Was Wale right?
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:50:31 AM »
"Some old rappers, think they being Nostalgic..but they just in the way...jus bein honest..."

sounds like it.  some of these Pat Buchannon ass niggaz need 2 step tha fuck down already... not hatin, just sayin'

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Was Wale right?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 06:28:22 AM »
ok

kemizt

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:15:07 AM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 08:59:21 AM »
Thread of the year.

Go get AIDS.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:06:37 AM »

kemizt

Shango

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:40:28 AM »
Wale made that one song right? Cant think of the name...lol

Anyways, if rappers wanna attack somebody...its not the "old rappers" they need to worry about. Its the new soft-ass, ho-cake-ass, made-for-radio-only-ass "rappers" they should be directin that shit at.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Bananas

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
Wale's raps get in the way of his career. Not old rappers.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 09:07:16 PM »
lol how are the older rappers in the way? 80s rappers didn't have to retire for the 90s rappers to make an impact. As a matter of fact a lot of those old school cats are still putting out albums now. Its ludicrous for the new cats to expect their predecessors to retire when their predecessors' predecessors are still putting out music. If the new cats can't get any attention its really on them.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 09:30:02 PM »
lol how are the older rappers in the way? 80s rappers didn't have to retire for the 90s rappers to make an impact. As a matter of fact a lot of those old school cats are still putting out albums now. Its ludicrous for the new cats to expect their predecessors to retire when their predecessors' predecessors are still putting out music. If the new cats can't get any attention its really on them.
And a few of these older artists still put out good albums, but the music industry wants 2 just push them aside & dictate who the people like even though those artists are sorry.  Some new cats are better than some of these mainstream artists, I feel they're not getting the attention because of what coast they're from sometimes.  Its mainly the southern artists that gets all the attention now, even the sorry ones.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:55 AM »
If noone understands the concept of Radio and Television in 2011/2012 then you'll never get it, not even 80 years from now (that's all i'ma say about that).  but the line about 80's Rappers not having to retire for the 90's rappers is so true but then again at tha same time MOST of those rappers from the 80's stopped putting out shit in 95/96 and Hip Hop didn't really "blow" until like 85'/86' (around that time) so it's not like the rappers from the 90's had too much of anything to worry about.

I think alot of the newcomers bitch too much and they have everything given to them in a basket (the internet is the most powerful thing we've seen since Nukes were invented).  But then again I do have 2 agree with Wale (and Makaveli) that some rappers need 2 fall tha fuck back, becuz it's like dogg, it's ur 15th album and 30th mixtape and ur still rapping about tha same shit and still sounding tha same way and none of your music has progressed (even if that's all what you were to Rap about).  Then some old rappers try 2 switch it up and much kudoz to them but they get boring and tired really fast or it was just never interesting in tha 1st place. 

Even tho I like Drake, Wiz Khalifa, and 1 or 2 others I hate pop teeny bopper rappers like tha next Man does and I do agree that that shit needs 2 catch a fade but so do alot of those old ass niggaz too.  Like son, y'all do realize that my manz Juelz Santana has been in tha game for going on 10 years now (it's kinda like that nigga just came out tha other week but now he's a true Veteran of tha game and still is making moves even if he isn't out there on the TV, Internet, and Radio like that everyday).  50's been in the game for almost 10+ years now (if u count that mega underground shit he was doing).  *not saying at all that they in particular need 2 retire*

So in the end, I think Wale is right.  Like son do y'all realize that Rick Ross has been in tha game for 10 years now too (more like 9 but still), shit is crazy in this rap game.  Really tho, some of them old ass niggaz do need 2 bow out with grace already.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 02:32:53 AM »
dis nigga still don't know what to catch a fade means. You oughta be ashamed.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
If noone understands the concept of Radio and Television in 2011/2012 then you'll never get it, not even 80 years from now (that's all i'ma say about that).  but the line about 80's Rappers not having to retire for the 90's rappers is so true but then again at tha same time MOST of those rappers from the 80's stopped putting out shit in 95/96 and Hip Hop didn't really "blow" until like 85'/86' (around that time) so it's not like the rappers from the 90's had too much of anything to worry about.

I think alot of the newcomers bitch too much and they have everything given to them in a basket (the internet is the most powerful thing we've seen since Nukes were invented).  But then again I do have 2 agree with Wale (and Makaveli) that some rappers need 2 fall tha fuck back, becuz it's like dogg, it's ur 15th album and 30th mixtape and ur still rapping about tha same shit and still sounding tha same way and none of your music has progressed (even if that's all what you were to Rap about).  Then some old rappers try 2 switch it up and much kudoz to them but they get boring and tired really fast or it was just never interesting in tha 1st place. 

Even tho I like Drake, Wiz Khalifa, and 1 or 2 others I hate pop teeny bopper rappers like tha next Man does and I do agree that that shit needs 2 catch a fade but so do alot of those old ass niggaz too.  Like son, y'all do realize that my manz Juelz Santana has been in tha game for going on 10 years now (it's kinda like that nigga just came out tha other week but now he's a true Veteran of tha game and still is making moves even if he isn't out there on the TV, Internet, and Radio like that everyday).  50's been in the game for almost 10+ years now (if u count that mega underground shit he was doing).  *not saying at all that they in particular need 2 retire*

So in the end, I think Wale is right.  Like son do y'all realize that Rick Ross has been in tha game for 10 years now too (more like 9 but still), shit is crazy in this rap game.  Really tho, some of them old ass niggaz do need 2 bow out with grace already.

You just put Wale and Makaveli in the same sentence lol

Bottom line is, "rappers" dont sell records anymore. Good marketing does. If you wanna sell records you just have to appeal to two groups....females, and kids. Thats it. It doesnt matter whether you are a real rapper or not. Your talent level means shit now. Somebody like Wale doesnt want to attack these pop rappers cus it will probably end his career, but wants to blame somebody for the fact that he isnt a major factor in the game. So he blames older rappers lol. Nowadays you basically have to choose...do you want to be a "Rapper", or do you want to be Platinum.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 10:40:57 AM »
Really tho, some of them old ass niggaz do need 2 bow out like a bitch already.

Take some of your own advice with your old ass, played out act.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 01:23:06 PM »

You just put Wale and Makaveli in the same sentence lol

Bottom line is, "rappers" dont sell records anymore. Good marketing does. If you wanna sell records you just have to appeal to two groups....females, and kids. Thats it. It doesnt matter whether you are a real rapper or not. Your talent level means shit now. Somebody like Wale doesnt want to attack these pop rappers cus it will probably end his career, but wants to blame somebody for the fact that he isnt a major factor in the game. So he blames older rappers lol. Nowadays you basically have to choose...do you want to be a "Rapper", or do you want to be Platinum.

lol, i was talking about that line from "Against All Odds".  But I wasn't even talking about sales or Wale in particular at all, I was talking about old ass niggaz being burnt out from this shit (being in tha game too long), it's like alotta these niggaz are mad stale now.  ex.  DJ Premier.  U don't hear Flava Flav dropping albums every year, he preserves his craft and that's what some of these old niggaz need 2 learn how 2 do.

yo why is ur man Cham still mad.  dude doesn't even know how 2 use a scale lol.  that Daz album is tha 1st scale he's seen.  he probably thought everytime a rapper mentioned a scale they were talking about tha 1's u see at Giant when you're weighing your vegetables and fruits.