Author Topic: Is Revenge Retaliation And Get Back the most under-rated West Coast album ever?  (Read 779 times)

doggfather

no, it isn't.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
hell no its not.

i could name 20 wc cds right of the top of the dome that are more underrated then this...i dont really even see how on this forum you could say anything dpg relate is under rated in any way. if anything all daz shit is over rated.

RRGB was dope  i bumped raw more and less ppl heard raw until it got rereleased so im gonna say raw would be more under rated then rrgb.

sms130

• 'G'
Daz's first two albums were dope as hell. I do like This Life I Lead but, tha sound quality wasn't tight. 8)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 02:50:29 PM by sms130 »

KrazySumwhat

Not sure about most underrated but album was definately a classic to me. The album came out at a very good time in my life so maybe that contributes to how much i loved it but yeah, classic album bar a few weaker tracks towards the end. And iam pretty sure it sold around 900 000 copies ans Snoop claimed that DR bought 300 000 of them?

Will_B

bar a few weaker tracks towards the end.

I agree. If Daz had pull some more tricks out the bag this album could've been up there with Rage's.

Okka

I agree. If Daz had pull some more tricks out the bag this album could've been up there with Rage's.

Yeah, i think a couple of songs could've been cut off. Rage's album was weak IMO though, only a couple of classics on it. It's a shame that Dr. Dre had already left when the album got released so there wasn't any beats from him on it. I think that "Afro Puffs" should've been on it, they could've even released the remix with Snoop and Dre on it too. It's a classic too.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:26:57 AM by Okka »

OG Hack Wilson

the answer:  no

but it's a dope album overall
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

Not my favorite Daz album either.  I just don't get a lot of the love. I like it but I think "Initated" is average for the artists involved.
initiated = best song Daz ever did
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Will_B

Yeah, i think a couple of songs could've been cut off. Rage's album was weak IMO though, only a couple of classics on it. It's a shame that Dr. Dre had already left when the album got released so there wasn't any beats from him on it. I think that "Afro Puffs" should've been on it, they could've even released the remix with Snoop and Dre on it too. It's a classic too.

You don't dig Rage's album? I think it's one of the greats! Not Chronic/Doggystyle level, but close behind them!! Rage wins on being the better lyricist by far.

Okka

You don't dig Rage's album? I think it's one of the greats! Not Chronic/Doggystyle level, but close behind them!! Rage wins on being the better lyricist by far.

Nah, i don't really like it that much. Rage is my favorite female MC off all times though.

OG Hack Wilson

Nah, i don't really like it that much. Rage is my favorite female MC off all times though.

and rages album wasn't even 1% as good as Doggystyle was lol

Will_B

:eh:

OG Hack Wilson

:eh:

on the reazill   Doggystyle = top 5 album ever

rage's album isn't even a top 500 if u ask me

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
C-BO - Till my casket drops. 

OG Hack Wilson

C-BO - Till my casket drops. 
is that the one with "raised in hell" with Big Syke on it?   8)