Author Topic: Is Revenge Retaliation And Get Back the most under-rated West Coast album ever?  (Read 790 times)

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He was dissing the big dogg cuz on there....so to me it was wack
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

bouli77

no he was not. snoop is featured on this album and daz shout snoop out on the outro. Snoop was trippin when he said that in a dubcnn interview. Daz was dissing Snoop on "what it iz" from R.A.W. but not on RR&GB

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
neccesarry roughness wasnt a dope album...it had some strong cuts but when you consider what that album was SUPPPOSED to be you cant help but feel disspointed.

didnt she say her and dre had damn near a whole album in the can before dre split?

sucks...

eargasm > neccesary roughness

KURUPTION-81

Never been able to get into this album and isnt close to been my fav daz album. I probably just need to give it a few more listens to appreciate it !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Okka

C-BO - Till my casket drops. 
is that the one with "raised in hell" with Big Syke on it?   8)

Yeah. Definitely my favorite C-Bo album.

HighEyeCue

this is one of my favorite albums. Kurupts performance on this is  :o

IMO its like a Dogg Food 2 though not nearly as good

Paul

and rages album wasn't even 1% as good as Doggystyle was lol

:eh:

Necessary roughness was rubbish and boring as shit.

Didn't u give game is to be sold 9/10 tho? Haha

RR&GB is great album, flows well and production is flawless at times. 8.5/10
Wouldnt say it's underrated. Most west coast rap fans will love this album.

And I though this went platinum? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.
funkyfreshintheflesh

Will_B

Necessary roughness was rubbish and boring as shit.

Seriously? Wow I'm frankly amazed to read anyone describing it as that! :laugh:

JeremyM

Funny, I play this album around the same time of year for the same reason.  I love how certain albums can put you in a certain frame of mind.  When it snows and gets cold, I have the urge to listen to E. 1999 because I used to listen to that album like crazy one winter. 

Anyway, I agree that it's not really underrated, it was just a little slept on for that time but a lot of west coast albums were- and continue to be.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
e 99 is a summer album to me...we knew the guy that owned the record store and hed let us get the new releases a week early and i remember we rode our bikes to the spot to get it and we played it all summer. i remember first of the month and buddah lovaz  being on repeat all summer.

sms130

• 'G'
Daz did diss Snoop on tha R.A.W album but, even on Retaliation, Revenge, and Get Back he included himself in an old Snoop track "OG" feat. Nate Dogg. He produced it but, why didn't he just do a new song with Snoop? I don't know what tha reason was behind that. That was around tha time that Snoop left Death Row and went to No Limit. So, who knows? Rage album is dope also. It's a shame that Dre wasn't involved in that album.

Paul

Eternal 1999 reminds me of winter
funkyfreshintheflesh

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
winter albums

dogg food
dogg father
doggy style
gfk ironman
gza iron mic
red man dare iz a darkside

JeremyM

Definitely agree on Dogg Food (in the dead of winter I spit my coldest phrases) and Doggfather.  And GZA's Liquid Swords is THE winter album.  Definitely agree.  For some reason I bumped Ren's "Villain in Black" a lot one winter and so that's a winter album to me.  "Art of War' by Bone is a summer album to me though, since it dropped in August.  Warren G's Take a Look is another spring one.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

lmao anyways i agree on those...almost all wutang solos are winter albums

wutang forever is a summer album

most of e40s album are summer albums to me.