Author Topic: Dr. Dre isnt good enough to release a single without anyone featured.  (Read 543 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Dr. Dre isnt good enough to release a single without anyone featured.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 07:10:55 PM »
How is that an idiot statement ? Look at all the westcoast releases after the Chronic dropped ...Compilations were given birth to after that as well because it was all about collabos after that point .It was uncommon on the west to have guest features before that , stupid ass .I remember Cube and Too Short did a collabo on " Short Dog's in House ' , and Cube did some stuff with Public Enemy , but Cube was an east coast wannabe at that point .After the Chronic dropped , guest features were the new trend , and are still the standard. Look at all of Too Short's albums , besided Cube , there was hardly any guest features before the Chronic .RBL Posse's first album had only one guest .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\.

There were a million guest features before the Chronic.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 08:32:29 PM »
i disagree .........an album with only dre would be pretty good
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 12:01:06 AM »
How is that an idiot statement ? Look at all the westcoast releases after the Chronic dropped ...Compilations were given birth to after that as well because it was all about collabos after that point .It was uncommon on the west to have guest features before that , stupid ass .I remember Cube and Too Short did a collabo on " Short Dog's in House ' , and Cube did some stuff with Public Enemy , but Cube was an east coast wannabe at that point .After the Chronic dropped , guest features were the new trend , and are still the standard. Look at all of Too Short's albums , besided Cube , there was hardly any guest features before the Chronic .RBL Posse's first album had only one guest .

thing is though.. how many other PRODUCERS did it?

thats part of why there are more features..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 12:08:23 AM »
Marley Marl was putting out albums long before Dr. Dre. The Symphony was a classic posse cut with 4 featured rappers.

MistaNova

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 12:13:26 AM »
There are numerous artists out there who are cirppled by having to live up to their previous achievements.

dre was always a perfectionist, but with the weight of his past and the detox hype he must be going nuts.

This. Dre's pumped up almost-mutant body is probably a result of him trying to put his focus on something else (in his case working out) until he finds what he's looking for that he's cool with and the whole world'll agree on.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »
There are numerous artists out there who are cirppled by having to live up to their previous achievements.

dre was always a perfectionist, but with the weight of his past and the detox hype he must be going nuts.

This. Dre's pumped up almost-mutant body is probably a result of him trying to put his focus on something else (in his case working out) until he finds what he's looking for that he's cool with and the whole world'll agree on.

It just doesn't seem like he's even trying tho...a legendary producer trying to find the right sound is one thing. But at least let us hear this sound or give us some indication you're experimenting around with shit. An Alex da kid beat? LMAO.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 01:02:07 AM »
If you'd maybe phrased it differently, you might not have gotten as much flack but even if you look at Ruthless during Dre's stint there, they were all fucking with each other. Death Row was just a continuation of that concept of using artistic comradrity to bring out the best in each other.