Author Topic: Anybody else remember that book by Eminem's bodygaurd from back in 99/2000?  (Read 435 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Book was actually really informative, had a lot of details about the daily life of the Slim Shady tour.  I had the book back in the day but lost it somewhere.  Anyone remember that book and the title of it?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Ronny

no and i doubt anybody gives a fuck, a flying one or not

GangstaBoogy

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I just googled "book by eminem's bodyguard" and found this...

http://
www.amazon.com/Bizzness-Eminems-Bodyguard-Industry-Gangsters/dp/0970388128&sa=U&ei=ZauKTfWeIIGcgQf_3MHEDQ&ved=0CBAQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNExNS25_Zmzur8AhC8RgfuqkfLELg

Google is your friend

the purpose of the tread was to actually discuss the book, not to google

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛

www.amazon.com/Bizzness-Eminems-Bodyguard-Industry-Gangsters/dp/0970388128&sa=U&ei=ZauKTfWeIIGcgQf_3MHEDQ&ved=0CBAQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNExNS25_Zmzur8AhC8RgfuqkfLELg

Google is your friend

okay, its your thread what was it you wanted to discuss about the book? was there a certain chapter or any revelation in particular that was contained within the book that you especially found thought provoking or were you just seeing how many people read it?

• Muthafuckin' Don!

okay, its your thread what was it you wanted to discuss about the book? was there a certain chapter or any revelation in particular that was contained within the book that you especially found thought provoking or were you just seeing how many people read it?

forget it.. just let the thread die

Elkoizm

I'll most likely cop it  now cause of this .
Thanks for the info.

OG Hack Wilson

so does it mention his songs with Thirstin Howl?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Dane

• 'G'
It was quite interesting reading how Suge send his Death Row goons after him to Hawaii, plus one of the award shows. Probably the one that funny guy K-9 refers to in his interviews.

But the bodyguard is a shitty author, and the book is confusing as fuck.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P

Google is your friend

what a lame ass reply. Dude helped you and then you bitch. get the fuck outta here.

Bananas

Who the fuck would remember something like this?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
an eminem stan.

GangstaBoogy

Well you asked if anyone knew the title of it, smartass
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It was quite interesting reading how Suge send his Death Row goons after him to Hawaii, plus one of the award shows. Probably the one that funny guy K-9 refers to in his interviews.

But the bodyguard is a shitty author, and the book is confusing as fuck.

See.. that was what I was looking for, something to jog my memory.  Here's some stuff I remember from the book...

-the part of him punching one of the members of his road crew over some Jewish/black racism or something, and he kind of apologized later saying all the racism was just kind of getting to him.  Cause remember in the Slim Shady LP days Em was still enduring a lot of racism being a white rap artist.  I think the member of the crew he punched was Marc Lobel because of a beef Marc had with Proof.  But again it was 10 or 11 years ago when I read this book so I can't remember the exact details.

-The bodygaurd said he didn't trust Em's tour manager Marc Lobel, cause it seemed like his only role was to keep Eminem high and supply him with drugs.  (you hear sometimes about record labels keeping artists high while they fuck them out of all types of money, the bodygaurd was weary of this)

-Also he mentions Kim being verbally abusive to Em and holding up their tour buses and saying shit to him like, "you still ain't shit, you think you are somebody now, but you still aren't shit, these people around you just want to kiss your ass"

-and actually an incident that happened at a show he did in Kansas way back in March of 1999, a show that I was actually at; I remember his little brother being on stage squirting people with a water gun.  And after the show some of his family members from Em's Dad's side tried to contact him and were outside the bus, some half brothers and half sisters, but Em told his bodygaurd he didn't want to see them and blew them off.   Probably the same incident Em is talking about in the track "Marshal Mathers" off the MMLP.   Also Em did actually meet his mom when he was in Kansas for the show and some other family members, and the bodyguard said they were just as white trash as the songs say they are.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:41:34 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »