Author Topic: Ya Boy - Kalifornia Konvict mixtape just dropped! Drop your thoughts. + LINK  (Read 367 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/en/view-album/10836-kalifornia-konvict

How yall like it?

I havent bumped it yet. will drop thoughts at another time.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
Wow what happened with this guy?

I remember when he was the person with the biggest potential to blow up and then it just seems like his career vanished. First he signed to Mack 10 and then a week later Akon or some shit.

What's the status with his album?

Seems to me like he followed the Wayne trend of trying to be a "rockstar".

ChinBo37

• 'G'
I am probably the biggest YB fan on this forum, I pretty much think all of his mixtapes are fire, and he has dropped some good single tracks in the last couple of months, but I have to say this mixtape is really disappointing.

I hope he is just saving all his best stuff for his album.   :-\

Gangsterism

• Lil Geezy
  • "Snitches get Stitches"
its a cool tape, but i dont really like the dj screaming n shit at the end of each song

h2k4

I don't see myself keeping any track off this tape.  His last couple of tapes haven't been that good.

Soopafly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i think the problem with Ya boy is he lost direction - Phat Rat was good for him in that regard but the boy got big headed and thought he could do it on his own hence the problems with game .. he is a gimmick rapper from the tattooes to the mohawk, to the songs he was droppin ,plus accordin to jerz he wasnever been a street dude and was actin tough in his raps and all extrad out and people would test him on it and blackwall always had to bak it up  .. no 1 can take this guy seriously !!

MistaNova

I thought this was supposed to be an album...

After a quick spin Banana Boat, and the last 4 tracks are dope. I'll give this another listen though.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:58:48 AM by Iveus »

crapboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Wow what happened with this guy?

I remember when he was the person with the biggest potential to blow up and then it just seems like his career vanished. First he signed to Mack 10 and then a week later Akon or some shit.

What's the status with his album?

Seems to me like he followed the Wayne trend of trying to be a "rockstar".

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
Stopped checkin for his music when he started that yb the rockstar shit

Blood$

"Till They Come", "Banana Boat", "Get Her High", "Fuck You Right", "Paparazzi", and "Heavily Intoxicated" were cool but nothing special, and the rest didn't appeal to me

I don't have any high expectations for Ya Boy at all anymore and haven't since 2007, he drops some straight cuts here and there but his last real good tape was I'm Bout To Murdah This Shit

maybe if he ever drops an album on Konvict it will have potential to be a good mainstream album, nothing more

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Damn this is PURE SHIT .  :-X :-X :-X

Ya Boy really went from being a consistent motherfucker droppin classic joints all the time. Fire mixtapes back to back.

but that mohawk and heavy metal shit, fix 2 and now this? lmfao.

Ya Boy what happened?

Is this what your label wanted you to release? Sure doesnt sound like somethin he would do.

SHIT beats too which was somethin he was good at pickin before.

Wont even download it. shit.

aaamusicgroupwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • AAA Music Group - Mega Producers
This pretty dope in my opinion...
Twitter us: @TECHNIEC @BLOCREBELMEDIA @aaamusicgroup @Longbeachls

ALBUM:  Techniec & L's Present: Blacklist - Purchase here: http://bit.ly/hF7JxS

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us