Author Topic: DubCC Users Hate Detox!!!  (Read 457 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: DubCC Users Hate Detox!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 12:42:37 PM »
when Dre is making music that is below his standards of course people are not going to like it

Invincible

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 12:43:18 PM »
As someone else pointed out, INAD is Dre's 2nd most successful solo single ever.  Considering Dre's career, that is not bad. Detox is going to have to sell great numbers to live up to expectations.  In order to do that Dre is going to need to cater the album to more than just his original fan base. 

The thing I find odd, is that Dre has been know to be a perfectionist and not leak material prior to releasing album. People also frequently complain that Dre is so stingy with his unrealeased material.  Now, the same people are complaining about the songs that actually leak. It justifies Dre's hesitance to put out material and only enforces his reputation as a perfectionist. 

I think we should enjoy the leaks for what they are, and wait to judge Detox until it finally drops.

As it has probably been said many times now, the only reason INAD was successful was because of Em.

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 12:59:24 PM »
Kush couldve been huge if it was without Akon, and with better verses from Dre and snoop!
INAD is cool as a single.. get lots of radioplay.. even in norway!

the two other leaked tracks: chillin ot whatever its called can be dope, if its finished right.. imagine nate on the hook on that beat!!
that new timbo-track is whack!

peace
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

thegooddoc

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 01:33:13 PM »
As someone else pointed out, INAD is Dre's 2nd most successful solo single ever.  Considering Dre's career, that is not bad. Detox is going to have to sell great numbers to live up to expectations.  In order to do that Dre is going to need to cater the album to more than just his original fan base. 

The thing I find odd, is that Dre has been know to be a perfectionist and not leak material prior to releasing album. People also frequently complain that Dre is so stingy with his unrealeased material.  Now, the same people are complaining about the songs that actually leak. It justifies Dre's hesitance to put out material and only enforces his reputation as a perfectionist. 

I think we should enjoy the leaks for what they are, and wait to judge Detox until it finally drops.

No INAD is FAR from being in his top 5 successful solo singles. Check the sales figures from the old singles and how many people love those songs and can recite every word from them.

Just because it was #4 on BillBoard Hot 100 it does not mean its more successful than Still D.R.E. or some of the other singles he has released in the past.

I think you need to check the facts.  INAD is Dre's second most successful single as far as sales. Still D.R.E. doesn't even sniff it as far as sales.