Author Topic: Final Outlawz album, ThaOutlawz Announces Retirement  (Read 1166 times)

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Final Outlawz album, ThaOutlawz Announces Retirement
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 04:46:33 AM »
thats must be a april fooll...i cant beliefe that news....no other rap group/artist has such a close relationship with their fans, than the lawz do.

im really suprised from all the hate on this board @ the outlawz

V2DHeart

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 05:07:17 AM »
It's not hate, it's just the truth. And the truth is that the majority didn't even bother to look out for any new Outlawz material or albums due to their previous ones, which were a let down

Fatal released In The Line of Fire, and that album was good IMO. The remaining 4 Outlawz released Ride wit us Or Collide Wit us, and it was nothing like I had expected or waited for. It had a few good tracks, but too many fillers, and overall was a big disappointment, with weak production for the most part, and a lot of basic lyrics with no fire like they had on Death Row under 2Pac. Novakane however had better production on it, and less fillers, but the lyrics again were basic, and seemed sloppier than the previous attempt. Couple that with the replaced watered down verses on Until The End of Time & Better Dayz showed the public that they weren't as good as they once were. More mixtapes, songs, and albums later with dull production on it, lazy flows and so on put the nail on the coffin for them.

A lot of hardcore Outlaw fans still stuck with them though, and they continued to put out material, and made some decent moves individually or as a group. Napoleon done his thug scriptures album with Johnny J, but again, the lyrics were just so weak, and basic with little passion in them that made that a let down, as anyone else with agree who's heard it. Even some of the production sounded too pop, and softly computerized unlike his other production work

They went through their career getting sloppier in their raps, all the while continually dragging 2Pacs name into all their tracks, albums, and promotion, tours etc. I think they tried to live off his name too much to make up for their lack of talent.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »
the only think i agree with u is, that they used pacs name to much, for example "Spirit Pac Tour in Australia" or what ever they called their Tours. But in my opionion all they albums were tight. i honestly cant name much rappers, that spit shit like the laws. nowadays all u hear is bling bling, bitches here bitches there, fast cars etc type of lyrics, the lawz never did shit like that. they were always down to earth, spitting real lyrics.

I can bumb any of the outlawz cds i want and i have a good feeling while listen to it, because im tired of that souljah boy shit.  there is no one in the game down to earth and connected to their fans as much as the outlawz in the game.

i would really hate to see them leave the game, but what can i do they are doing this shit for more that 16 years, and they never get that what they have deserved. its their choice and i have to axcept it. its a shame tho i cant even imagine what they would have become if pac diddnt die.

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »
word!!

Some of the ppl here havent heard their albums besides novakane and ride wit us or collide wit us..
If ppl here wasnt so closeminded and tried to listen to their other stuff, they would realize that the lawz are better than MANY of the west coast rappers..
most rappers from the west fell the fuck off.. outlawz dropped 2-3 not-so-good  albums, but they still got lots of dope shit!!

outlawz4life!!
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 12:50:07 PM »
some people on here tend to say forever that an artist fell off if they drop a few weak songs or go through a creatively unispired period
let's face the facts, it's hard to name one seasoned artist who hasn't dropped a weak album or some weak songs yet
but just because an artist is weak on some songs doesn't mean he'll be weak forever
or that he can't do a dope song anymore
ya'll remember in 1998 when snoop dropped his first no limit album
alot of snoop fans said he fell off at that point and stopped listening to him
but after that he came with No Limit Top Dogg and Last Meal which were both better
and in my opinion he did a bunch of good songs in the years after that
artist's careers have ups and downs, that's just the way it is

being one of the few guys who have actually listened to 90% of the oulawz songs
I gotta say that I can't see a huge quality difference between their catalog and the catalog of other west coast artists
there are some good songs, alot of OK songs and some weak songs

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
^^ Thank you!
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 02:18:07 PM »
The Outlawz are a solid group. I've enjoyed their work but they've been kind of struggling to find their niche without Pac since his death. Things like Khadafi's death, no Fatal on their first bunch of albums, and Napoleon retiring were all setbacks in themselves. They had big shoes to fill in the sense that they were a group created by Pac that no longer had his presence or guidance and people were used to that. Of all their albums I've heard with the Outlawz name on them, none of them to me were wack but they didn't have a strong way to sell them to the public.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »
some people on here tend to say forever that an artist fell off if they drop a few weak songs or go through a creatively unispired period
let's face the facts, it's hard to name one seasoned artist who hasn't dropped a weak album or some weak songs yet
but just because an artist is weak on some songs doesn't mean he'll be weak forever
or that he can't do a dope song anymore
ya'll remember in 1998 when snoop dropped his first no limit album
alot of snoop fans said he fell off at that point and stopped listening to him
but after that he came with No Limit Top Dogg and Last Meal which were both better
and in my opinion he did a bunch of good songs in the years after that
artist's careers have ups and downs, that's just the way it is

being one of the few guys who have actually listened to 90% of the oulawz songs
I gotta say that I can't see a huge quality difference between their catalog and the catalog of other west coast artists
there are some good songs, alot of OK songs and some weak songs

What are you smoking? Them niggaz were never on in the first place.

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 10:44:36 PM »

no sir, I decide for myself what I like and what I don't
if you spend half the time you use to troll in threads of artists you don't like
you would have enough time to remove all the oulaw verses from half of pac's tracks yourself
that would make them listenable even for you

Eddz

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »
I agree, The Outlawz get a lot of unnecessary hate. The production has let them down a bit on some of there albums but they still spit those real lyrics.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 01:35:22 AM »

if you spend half the time you use to troll in threads of artists you don't like
you would have enough time to remove all the oulaw verses from half of pac's tracks yourself

I love Pac, that's why I'm commenting on this thread. It saddens me that one of the greats had second-rate rappers all over his songs. To most people, including myself, the Outlawz were nothing more than filler that Pac used when he didn't want to do an entire song by himself.

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 02:33:04 AM »

I love Pac, that's why I'm commenting on this thread. It saddens me that one of the greats had second-rate rappers all over his songs. To most people, including myself, the Outlawz were nothing more than filler that Pac used when he didn't want to do an entire song by himself.

this has to be one of the stupiest things ive ever read on this forum

pac created the outlawz, gave them their names and introduced them into the game....he had a plan with them and if hed not died they would be be hugh.
i cant believe u said something like they cant rap...i bet u r so pac fanatic that u dont even listen to their verses on pac songs. they were tight from the beginning and they fit perfectly to each other, exspecially with pac.

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 04:14:24 AM »

File this under 'things I don't personally like = filler' :sleep:

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 06:01:22 AM »
Smh at some peeps getting offended by other peoples opinions...people on this board need to chill the fuck out and respect that we arent all gonna agree...

with that being said ive never been an outlawz fan, to me they never had any appeal as individuals, more like a group of hype men for pac...his death killed the groups relevance imo...so i say if they are struggling to keep going theyre doing the right thing

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 09:54:45 AM »

how can you be a pac fan if you don't like half of his music, have you thought about that maybe you don't even like pac
why the fuck do you think I care about your strange views that you pass of as being the opinion of "most" people
and stop quoting me, go troll somebody else