Author Topic: Final Outlawz album, ThaOutlawz Announces Retirement  (Read 1165 times)

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Final Outlawz album, ThaOutlawz Announces Retirement
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 10:19:53 AM »
So if this shit real or no ?

any 'official' link on that ?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 11:02:02 AM »
I love Pac, that's why I'm commenting on this thread. It saddens me that one of the greats had second-rate rappers all over his songs. To most people, including myself, the Outlawz were nothing more than filler that Pac used when he didn't want to do an entire song by himself.

how can you be a pac fan if you don't like half of his music, have you thought about that maybe you don't even like pac
why the fuck do you think I care about your strange views that you pass of as being the opinion of "most" people
and stop quoting me, go troll somebody else

I said "most people" because the Outlawz have never been commercially successful on their own without Pac. You were talking about artists falling off and I was pointing out that the Outlawz were never on in the first place.

I never said I don't like half of Pac's music so don't make up words and put them in my mouth. If you can make posts praising the outlawz then I can make posts saying they were second-rate rappers. Its called forum discussion and disagreement. Wtf is the point of a forum if everyone is saying the same shit? You don't like it you don't have to partake.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 11:05:11 AM by SPICE TWO »

SheraZ

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »
Young Noble on Facebook:
MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT WE ARE NOT RETIRING!! BUT YES THIS WILL BE THE LAST OUTLAWZ ALBUM WITH US TOGETHER AS A GROUP! AS INDIVIDUALS WE ARE ALLOWED TO SPREAD OUR WINGS IN THIS THING WE CALL LIFE SO I HOPE YALL CAN RESPECT IT & HONOR IT! BUT WE AINT DONE YET NEW ALBUM PERFECT TIMING COMING SOON AN OUTLAWZ THE MOVIE IS IN THE WORKS! STAY DOWN & STAY TUNED! O4L!!!
www.thugtertainment.net  <- Hussein Fatal's Official Site!!

BORN LEGENDARY DROPPIN JUNE 16th on ITUNES and Thugtertainment.net (hardcopy)

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 12:48:33 PM »
I said "most people" because the Outlawz have never been commercially successful on their own without Pac. You were talking about artists falling off and I was pointing out that the Outlawz were never on in the first place.

I never said I don't like half of Pac's music so don't make up words and put them in my mouth. If you can make posts praising the outlawz then I can make posts saying they were second-rate rappers. Its called forum discussion and disagreement. Wtf is the point of a forum if everyone is saying the same shit? You don't like it you don't have to partake.

personally I don't care about commercial success
that's not part of my decision making
I told you I think for myself
they were successful when they were with pac, they were "on" then
so I still don't understand you're argument
what was wrong with my opinion?

there is a difference between a discussion and trolling
you posted twice in this thread stating your opinion
so it was clear what you was thinking about this
I didn't reply to you but when I stated my opinion
you felt the need to quote me and suggest that I'm crazy
I thought that was a little offensive
so from that point on it was clear to me that you wasn't discussing
you were trying to badmouth my opinion

I never praised the outlawz, that's an exaggeration on your part
I just don't hate them and don't think they ruined pac's career (which is a strange view in my opinion)
you on the other hand were saying that pac used these guys as fillers for his songs
it was pac's decision to put these guys on his songs, that was what he wanted it to be
so my point about you not liking pac's music isn't exactly "made up"

Will_B

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »
I think Pac dying had an impact on his career. That really finished it off.

Not trying to be controversial or anything! :laugh:

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »
So if this shit real or no ?

any 'official' link on that ?

theres the 2 hour long outlawz culture radio show on http://outlawz-immortalz.blogspot.com/ which explains the situation pretty good (EDI and Noble answering questions etc), its a great listen

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 01:57:17 PM »
I think Pac dying had an impact on his career. That really finished it off.

Not trying to be controversial or anything! :laugh:

i dont think ur controversial.

but outlawz is a group tho, not a person

Will_B

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 01:59:46 PM »
don't think they ruined pac's career (which is a strange view in my opinion)

Meant to quote that^^

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »

personally I don't care about commercial success
that's not part of my decision making
I told you I think for myself
they were successful when they were with pac, they were "on" then
so I still don't understand you're argument
what was wrong with my opinion?

The Outlawz were never on. Pac was on and they were featured on some of his songs. That's a big difference. To be on they would have to release successful material on their own.

there is a difference between a discussion and trolling
you posted twice in this thread stating your opinion
so it was clear what you was thinking about this
I didn't reply to you but when I stated my opinion
you felt the need to quote me and suggest that I'm crazy
I thought that was a little offensive
so from that point on it was clear to me that you wasn't discussing
you were trying to badmouth my opinion

You're welcome to your opinion and I wasn't even speaking on that in my first response to you. The Outlawz were never successful on their own from a commercial standpoint so they never fell off since they were never on in the first place. I don't think that's opinion, that's just looking at their career.

If you were speaking on your opinion on the quality of their music that's another thing. But when people talk about falling off they almost always mean commercially. And frankly you've made as many posts as I have so if I'm trolling so are you.

I never praised the outlawz, that's an exaggeration on your part
I just don't hate them and don't think they ruined pac's career (which is a strange view in my opinion)
you on the other hand were saying that pac used these guys as fillers for his songs
it was pac's decision to put these guys on his songs, that was what he wanted it to be
so my point about you not liking pac's music isn't exactly "made up"

I never said I didn't like Pac's music, so yes you are making that up. I love Pac's music. However, for every track featuring the Outlawz I find myself wishing there was another Pac verse instead. Filler doesn't make a song horrible, it just makes it not as great as it could have been. You're backing yourself into a corner by sounding really silly trying to tell me how I feel about Pac's music based on what I've said about the Outlawz. Are you implying they defined his music?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 02:20:57 PM by SPICE TWO »

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »
You're welcome to your opinion and I wasn't even speaking on that in my first response to you. The Outlawz were never successful on their own from a commercial standpoint so they never fell off since they were never on in the first place. I don't think that's opinion, that's just looking at their career.

If you were speaking on your opinion on the quality of their music that's another thing. But when people talk about falling off they almost always mean commercially.

I already explained to you that commercial success is not part of my decision making
so it is clear that I wasn't talking about commercial success
I was refering to their music not their business, sales or popularity

And frankly you've made as many posts as I have so if I'm trolling so are you.

trolling has nothing to do with the amount of posts in a thread
you should look up what trolling means
since you was responding to me in a provocative way
and all you was talking about was something I didn't refer to (commercial success)
I think it's correct that I can say you were trolling me

I never said I didn't like Pac's music, so yes you are making that up. I love Pac's music. However, for every track featuring the Outlawz I find myself wishing there was another Pac verse instead. Filler doesn't make a song horrible, it just makes it not as great as it could have been. You're backing yourself into a corner by sounding really silly trying to tell me how I feel about Pac's music based on what I've said about the Outlawz.

to me pac's music is more than just his vocals
the beats he picked, the artists he wanted to be on his tracks
all that is part of pac's music to me
does it really sound that silly?

Are you implying they defined his music?

now you sound silly
it's more the other way around
pac defined their music

procrastiNate

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 04:57:43 PM »
If ppl here wasnt so closeminded and tried to listen to their other stuff, they would realize that the lawz are better than MANY of the west coast rappers..
most rappers from the west fell the fuck off.. outlawz dropped 2-3 not-so-good  albums, but they still got lots of dope shit!!
??? Outlawz aren't and never were west coast rappers.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 05:55:30 PM »

Did The Outlawz ever sign to Young Buck's label ?

2pac thug 4 life

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 07:15:20 PM »
The world just got a lot less real.

h2k4

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »
They should've retired after that Pac & Outlawz cd.  They used Pac as a crutch.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 10:15:19 PM »
TRUE! I used to be a fan, Fatal was really talented, but in the last 15 years they never found their way, never found a producer who believed in them and gave em some decent beats.

Def a sad news - I enjoyed some of their post-2Pac stuff although their albums were very inconsistent with too many filler tracks on each cd. I wonder why they never go back to Johnny 'J' for some beats - and Outlawz album produced by Johnny 'J' would've been a classic 8)

well johnny j is RIP. partly why im sure