Author Topic: Psycho Realm...  (Read 379 times)

S.G.V.

Psycho Realm...
« on: January 08, 2003, 02:32:34 PM »
these muthafuckas need alot more credit...i swear theyre probably the best duo we have had in a long time...well they were...now that Duke is a veggie,(after gettin shot up supposedly durin an attempted car jack he was doin) Sick Jacken got his own group...but Psycho Realm was the true eastsidaz before the eastsidaz...theyre reppin that Pico Union hard...people sleep on them tho...i mean hell these guys were accepted by both sides with open arms...i know plenty of back packers who love their rhymes and beats...and i know alot of eses who love the content and flow...not many artists can say that in l.a....yall need to peep both Psycho Realm albums(The Psycho Realm & War Story)...both real tight...btw if u didnt know...this was B-Reals group...much like Snoop did with Tray and Goldie...he brought them out and guested on some of the album...also...if u like Soul Assassins shit...ull love this...Psycho Ward productions is the same shit as Soul Assassins...very dark beats...but they hit...

The Big Bad Ass

Re:Psycho Realm...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 02:34:57 PM »
Yuh, Ray Diaz laced me with a couple of thier songs, and they both heat. I'ma give thier albums a peep.

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 02:37:50 PM »
I have thier first album.  It's pretty tite.  I haven't listened to it in a while tho.

MC Tim

• Lil Geezy
  • Tha MC
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 03:24:36 PM »
I got a couple of songs from them. Their sick as hell. Go check them out. The Psycho Realm is crazy as fuck.

I also got one mix song from 1 hour with Soul Assassins artists like The Psycho Realm, Cypress Hill and House Of Pain. Mixed by djvlad. You can get it from www.djvlad.com or I can hook u up if you add me on msn.
Check it out. It's dope.
MC Tim

I got MSN!! Add me

Kaidy

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 05:45:50 PM »
Yup I bought both their albums, shit's hard. I prefer War Story myself, I love that armageddon theme they have running thru it.

I think all Cali Latin rappers could learn a lesson from The Realm -  you can still be dope and represent being Latino without having to play out all those Cholo stereotypes.

Oh btw I briefly met Sick Jacken about a year ago, that dude is BIG lol. He's cool as fuck too.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2003, 06:22:39 PM »
Them fools are tight... I had only heard a couple of their songs on guest appearances and chose to sleep on their albums but I just recently got done listening to their shit and it's hard as fuck...

Even though most peeps are gonna leave tha thread as soon as they find out they're Latino Rappers... they dont know what they're missing out on cuz they aint like everybody else... Like S.G.V said, it's sounds like some straight Soul Assassin production... that's another reason people dismiss them cuz it could get confused with that rugged East Coast type shit but it's dope.

I'm plannin on puttin a system in my ride... and I gotta get these cd's cuz I can already tell that shit is gonna kick hard...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2003, 12:05:29 AM »
yea man their shit bumps...ima go out and say Sick Jacken is one of the most underrated producers ever in hip hop...thats on the real...not to mention with Eric Bobo playin the drums...fuck...that shit knocks...i mean these foos got some crazy voices...i always said Duke sounded like ODB but deeper voice...and even Big Bad Ass said it...hes got that wild-varied pitch type shit...Psycho Sick Jacken is like B-Real but higher pitch...people should not sleep on these two albums...i believe Sick Jacks new group is called Street Military..or something similar to that...i havent been able to find shit on them....anyone got info?

madkilla

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2003, 01:21:52 AM »
Aight here's the DL all you sicksider's, Duke got shot during an altercation I believe in front of a Tommy Burger.  Some fool(s) was fucking with his homeboy and he had a little too drink, and you know how it goes, he came to his homeboy's aid and those fools, like most bitches pulled their strap on him.  Ever since Duke has been paralyzed, but I don't think he's a full on veggie, but that shit fucked him up and there is no longer a Psycho Realm.  War Story Book 2 was supposed to drop a long ass time ago, then about almost a year ago I heard Sick Jacken and Son Doobie on I think power 106 in L.A. and they was playing a new track they did and talking about War Story Book 2, but it still is nowhere to be found.  I had heard a rumor that Book 2 was already done when Duke was shot, and that B-Real is on more of the tracks unlike Book 1.  Oh yeah the new group that reps the SickSide camp is Street Platoon, the got an album out called "The Steel Storm", it's pretty tight and Mausberg is up on one of the tracks as is Jacken.  Jacken raps with them at times and produces, but I think he's just on a solo tip now, I've heard rumors he was trying to start a new group, but I have no clue.  I did see him and Son Doobie on a Latin Rap Compilation a while back with a track that I think was called L.D. or D.L. or something like that, probably the track they was playing on the radio now that I think about it.  I believe that Son Doobie, Sick Jacken & B-Real also did a track together off of the THC rap comp that dropped a while back.  And rumor also has it that Son Doobie should be droppin a solo album soon.  If anyone is interested I could probably post a list of unreleased Psycho Realm tracks, peace!!

S.G.V.

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2003, 02:04:17 AM »
^^^pretty dead on....props homie...my homie is a homie of one of dukes cousins...thats how i know about the situation...he told me he was a veggie...but its all speculation...

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2003, 06:23:33 PM »
i was lookin for the Street Platoon album and i stumbled across Psycho Sick Jackens account on how Duke got shot...its not pretty...and its rather sad....peep http://www.brownpride.com/latinrap/latinrap.asp?a=warstory/index

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2003, 06:57:19 PM »
i was lookin for the Street Platoon album and i stumbled across Psycho Sick Jackens account on how Duke got shot...its not pretty...and its rather sad....peep http://www.brownpride.com/latinrap/latinrap.asp?a=warstory/index

i just read that article n that's some real fucked up chit... did they ever git the muthafucka that did that... i think i heard of Psycho Realm  before but i don't know if i ever heard there music, i'mma check em out when i git time thou...

~1~

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)

S.G.V.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2003, 07:19:31 PM »
i doubt they did...it was in Rampart...that place was/is shady so i doubt they caught the scumbag...

Suga Foot

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2003, 07:24:30 PM »
rumor also has it that Son Doobie should be droppin a solo album soon.

He's got an album comin out on battleaxe soon.

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2003, 10:30:46 PM »
Damn this shit brings back memories, bout to bump La Conecta part 1 & 2!!

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

S.G.V.

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2003, 10:34:00 PM »
Damn this shit brings back memories, bout to bump La Conecta part 1 & 2!!
hell yea...that shits classic...Duke as Gustavo...great role...he played that shit nicely...i cant wait til my cd comes in...my og of the albm is all scratched up...cant even listen to songs 5-10... :'(