Author Topic: Next Release From WIDEawake Is...  (Read 1554 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Next Release From WIDEawake Is...
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 11:47:29 AM »
Well, they released the OG version of the song "OG" with Nate Dogg's vocals from the unreleased Snoop album, so they must have the legal rights to release songs that have nate dogg vocals on them.  Now i don't know if they have any solo stuff, or if they can release it if they have it, but the songs that just feature Nate Dogg should be OK for them to release since they've done so in the past.

As far as the OFTB album goes...i don't think they can release Worldwide Stampede without Afeni's approval, correct?  i wouldn't be surprised if that one is missing from the final tracklist.
yes they can, it was a guest app not a 2pac song
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

procrastiNate

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 12:16:09 PM »
They still need approval even though it was meant for somebody else's album. I bet World Wide Stampede and Better Days will have the Pac vocals removed. I hope not but it seems likely.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »
Seems to me like Wide awake is running out of shit to release...seems like they don't have nearly as much rare and unreleased shit as they thought...either that or they bought but don't have the right to legally release it...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 03:38:28 PM »
^ word. They made it seem like they had every unreleased song ever and we were going to get it. Then we get shit like a rerelease of against the grain and a crooked I album AFTER it had been leaked on the net for months and we were all clearly already disappointed.

Where's untouchable? Where's the 2nd dynasty row stuff? Where's the unreleased dre stuff?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »
Seems to me like Wide awake is running out of shit to release...seems like they don't have nearly as much rare and unreleased shit as they thought...either that or they bought but don't have the right to legally release it...

either this or they have some COMPLETELY CLUELESS people picking the releases

edit:  didn't Laura Levi bootleg the song Street Life?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:39 PM »
^ word. They made it seem like they had every unreleased song ever and we were going to get it. Then we get shit like a rerelease of against the grain and a crooked I album AFTER it had been leaked on the net for months and we were all clearly already disappointed.

Where's untouchable? Where's the 2nd dynasty row stuff? Where's the unreleased dre stuff?

the onlything I know is that they can't release the Dre stuff without him signing off on it

as for Crooked I they totally fucking dropped the ball on that with Hood Star.  they lost my sale and probably 2/3 of the possible sales they could get by releasing shit that 95% of Crooked i's fanbase already had (as u said)

Quadruple OG

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »

the only thing I know is that they can't release the Dre stuff without him signing off on it

Pretty sure they can just as long as it's unaltered. It's the same agreement Suge had with Dre after he left Death Row.

EFFeX

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 05:33:33 PM »
I don't know what these guys are doing over there, so many missed opportunities.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 06:03:53 PM »
I think it's more the people running it don't have a clue about all the material they have.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 06:56:22 PM »
By the way, there's a post on Bomb First now about the album, which is titled "Hostile Environment"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 06:59:38 PM »
They still need approval even though it was meant for somebody else's album. I bet World Wide Stampede and Better Days will have the Pac vocals removed. I hope not but it seems likely.

"dont stop" dogg pound 2002 and  "are u still down" with jon b immediately come to mind

thank god we already got the cdq version of Pac and kadafi in Worldwide Stampede

procrastiNate

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »
I really don't think it's like that anymore. I'm pretty sure every Pac guest appearance has to be cleared by Afeni now. I'm also pretty sure she gets paid off any Pac appearances from here on out as well. I think that's what kept Street Life from being on The Lost Sessions Vol. 1.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:24:14 PM by procrastiNate »

JohnnyL

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:37 PM »
I think it's more the people running it don't have a clue about all the material they have.

I do too.  I don't think they're even close to running out of material.  But I think at least most of the people that are in charge are so far removed from any affiliation with the original Death Row that they don't even have any idea what songs or albums that people want to hear.  I think they're basically trying to guess what albums people might want.  I think they probably figured that people might want songs from Dre and Snoop but past that I don't think they really have a clue as to what they should release. I think Lara Lavi might have had a little bit better understanding but the people in charge now are way out of their depth.

EFFeX

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2011, 10:31:51 PM »

I do too.  I don't think they're even close to running out of material. 

I do. LoL.

No honestly, there's got to be politics and all kinds of stuff going on. There's no way in hell they would choose to release the projects they have, unless the most requested material either A) isn't physically available B) is a legal disaster.

Time will tell.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2011, 11:30:27 PM »

I do too.  I don't think they're even close to running out of material.  But I think at least most of the people that are in charge are so far removed from any affiliation with the original Death Row that they don't even have any idea what songs or albums that people want to hear.  I think they're basically trying to guess what albums people might want.  I think they probably figured that people might want songs from Dre and Snoop but past that I don't think they really have a clue as to what they should release. I think Lara Lavi might have had a little bit better understanding but the people in charge now are way out of their depth.
I'm not buying that...who the fuck would spend millions buying the Death Row catalog and then not know what to release?  i think they got alot of useless or blank dats and they dont have most of the unreleased stuff they thought they did...or everybody took a page from Dr. Dre and started slapping they ass with court orders to stop the release of their music without their permission...who would release Sam Sneed or OFTB over a Lady of Rage or Dogg Pound cd?