Author Topic: Next Release From WIDEawake Is...  (Read 1553 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Next Release From WIDEawake Is...
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 01:36:21 AM »
^ word. They made it seem like they had every unreleased song ever and we were going to get it. Then we get shit like a rerelease of against the grain and a crooked I album AFTER it had been leaked on the net for months and we were all clearly already disappointed.

Where's untouchable? Where's the 2nd dynasty row stuff? Where's the unreleased dre stuff?
they never really promised to release dre's stuff though, only that they hoped to work it out
^ word. They made it seem like they had every unreleased song ever and we were going to get it. Then we get shit like a rerelease of against the grain and a crooked I album AFTER it had been leaked on the net for months and we were all clearly already disappointed.

Where's untouchable? Where's the 2nd dynasty row stuff? Where's the unreleased dre stuff?

the only thing I know is that they can't release the Dre stuff without him signing off on it

Pretty sure they can just as long as it's unaltered. It's the same agreement Suge had with Dre after he left Death Row.
you're talking about dr.dre productions right?
dre features won't be released

JohnnyL

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2011, 05:28:37 AM »
I think it's more the people running it don't have a clue about all the material they have.

I do too.  I don't think they're even close to running out of material.  But I think at least most of the people that are in charge are so far removed from any affiliation with the original Death Row that they don't even have any idea what songs or albums that people want to hear.  I think they're basically trying to guess what albums people might want.  I think they probably figured that people might want songs from Dre and Snoop but past that I don't think they really have a clue as to what they should release. I think Lara Lavi might have had a little bit better understanding but the people in charge now are way out of their depth.
I'm not buying that...who the fuck would spend millions buying the Death Row catalog and then not know what to release?  i think they got alot of useless or blank dats and they dont have most of the unreleased stuff they thought they did...or everybody took a page from Dr. Dre and started slapping they ass with court orders to stop the release of their music without their permission...who would release Sam Sneed or OFTB over a Lady of Rage or Dogg Pound cd?

Well, I do think part of it is finding the music because it seems as though the original Death Row kept bad records and didn't label a lot of their dats.  I also think that when they bought the company, they spent the money, partly because they thought the Dr. Dre and Tupac (at least one album worth) material would be available to them.  And that hasn't panned out at all.  The only times they have released any Dre material they've gotten sued and something seems to have blocked or at least delayed the release of the 2pac album.  I could be wrong, but I believe incompetence has to be a big part of it.  I bet there isn't more than a handful of people over there that have any idea what they're doing.

Mietek23

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2011, 04:17:04 AM »
By the way, there's a post on Bomb First now about the album, which is titled "Hostile Environment"

If that's the case then it's going to be another "Sam Sneed-like" release cause the "Hostile Environment" album was a new OFTB project that was going to be released in like 2008 and first single from that CD - "Bet U Never Rocked It Wit Us" was going to be released on FTP's second bootleg - "On Deadly Groundz" ---> http://natedoggworld.blogspot.com/2007/12/nate-on-oftb-s-on-deadly-groundz.html

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »
^ if thats the case WA can eat a d**k

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2011, 01:08:14 PM »
none of y'all are happy with anything  :P

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »
WideAwake is makin some weird fucin decisions.
startin to think they dont even have that much material in the vault after all..
wouldnt b surprised if alot of DATs are missin
me neither

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2011, 02:05:43 PM »
Not interested in this release. I'd rather hear some unreleased Dogg Pound material.

there's a lot of tracks we have been wanting CDQ for years like Can't C Me, Every Single Day OG, Let's Play House OG, etc that would appeal to us.

I dont think WA care what dubcc think, id be happy with an original OFTB album the DR files was pretty good.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson