Author Topic: Memphis - SPurs  (Read 853 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Memphis - SPurs
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:18:10 PM »
what a series
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Memphis - SPurs
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
not that surprising, i always held memphis high for the past couple years, they have talent but the surprising thing is they their doing it without gay. i hope they dont send mayo away

they swept for only lost once to the spurs in the regular season.

but lmfao at the espn recap, a "rare" 3pointer from zach, lol dudes been hititn 3's his whole career

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »
^his first three in the playoffs...

anyways...i told everyone the spurs would be tired come playoff time. i told everyone back in december that they were peaking at the wrong time. this is no surprise, at all. honestly, this is the first 1 seed vs 8 seed series i've ever seen where i thought that both teams had a good chance at advancing.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:13:47 AM »
SA is a collection of past-primers... still, I didn't expect Memphis to give them such a hard time. Memphis is loaded with dumb niggas like Z-Bo, Mayo and Conley. It's unlikely for them to make the right decisions in close playoff games. But hey... Spurs are done being considered a favorite to win the title, that's for sure.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

theremedy360

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 06:28:23 AM »
I really hope Memphis can pull this off, well balanced team doing it without their leading scorer. On a side note, it really baffles me that Mayo is coming off the bench. I know that everyone wanted the kid to be the second coming of Kobe but dude is only in his third  year, admittedly I didn't watch the Grizzlies much during the regular season but to me it seems ridiculous to have a player of that caliber coming off the bench. 

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 07:21:12 PM »
I really hope Memphis can pull this off, well balanced team doing it without their leading scorer. On a side note, it really baffles me that Mayo is coming off the bench. I know that everyone wanted the kid to be the second coming of Kobe but dude is only in his third  year, admittedly I didn't watch the Grizzlies much during the regular season but to me it seems ridiculous to have a player of that caliber coming off the bench. 

I somewhat agree, but it's been working out for them...tony allen gives them the tenacity and toughness on d that they need. oj mayo hasn't fit the scheme of this team whatsoever this season. he went from a poor-man's kobe to a poor man's jason terry. i think he needs a change of scenery, cuz he's been awful in the games i've seen him come off the bench in. still, all-star caliber player in the right situation.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 07:24:07 PM »
i luv 2 c the spurs suffer.

least fav nba franchise of all time...tim duncan is the most boring nigga to ever touch the ball.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »
spurs are garbo.....gaygo, where u at?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 07:28:35 PM »
God fuckin damnit!!!

Bottom line is, we havent shown up at ALL in this series! Period. They are simply out working us, and want this shit more. They arent more talented at all. Its basically Zach Randolph, Pau's brother, and a buncha god damn no names. We're just playin like gettin the #1 seed was enough to waltz to the finals or some shit. Not to mention, WHY THE FUCK IS BONNER EVER IN THE MUTHAFUCKIN GAME?!!??! Fuck that guy! If Pop wants to put him in, put him in. The second he misses his first three, take his ass out. He's a huge liability. Splitter should have been starting the entire series. He plays decent minutes, especially against a team that lives in the paint like the Grizzlies. I seriously hope this game embarrassed the SHIT outta these guys!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
God fuckin damnit!!!

Bottom line is, we havent shown up at ALL in this series! Period. They are simply out working us, and want this shit more. They arent more talented at all. Its basically Zach Randolph, Pau's brother, and a buncha god damn no names. We're just playin like gettin the #1 seed was enough to waltz to the finals or some shit. Not to mention, WHY THE FUCK IS BONNER EVER IN THE MUTHAFUCKIN GAME?!!??! Fuck that guy! If Pop wants to put him in, put him in. The second he misses his first three, take his ass out. He's a huge liability. Splitter should have been starting the entire series. He plays decent minutes, especially against a team that lives in the paint like the Grizzlies. I seriously hope this game embarrassed the SHIT outta these guys!

stop makin excuses, we all knew this would happen.....i called it back in november.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 07:31:57 PM »
God fuckin damnit!!!

stop makin excuses, we all knew this would happen.....i called it back in november.

What are you talkin about? How is that an excuse? An excuse would be like you bitching about refs, and the league hating your team, etc...etc. I said the Grizzlies are oout working us, and playing more hungry. Doesnt sound like an excuse
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »
God fuckin damnit!!!

What are you talkin about? How is that an excuse? An excuse would be like you bitching about refs, and the league hating your team, etc...etc. I said the Grizzlies are oout working us, and playing more hungry. Doesnt sound like an excuse

u actin like the Spurs are the superior team and are simply just not showin up, when in reality, they're just not as physical as the Grizzlies...it's who they are, not how theyre playing. if they want a shot at takin this serious, they need to man-up and start playin some tough basketball. Memphis is simply playin a tougher brand of basketball, it has nothin to do with the Spurs "not showin up".........i don't ever remember a 1 vs. 8 seed where a lot of people thought the 8th seed had a good chance at winning, and even before the series began, lots of people thought the Grizzlies would give the Spurs a whole lot of trouble........yall are just not THAT good, like your record indicates.

The Watcher

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 02:41:54 AM »
the spurs are basically being bullied in the paint and relying too much on the 3
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 11:35:25 AM »
God fuckin damnit!!!

u actin like the Spurs are the superior team and are simply just not showin up, when in reality, they're just not as physical as the Grizzlies...it's who they are, not how theyre playing. if they want a shot at takin this serious, they need to man-up and start playin some tough basketball. Memphis is simply playin a tougher brand of basketball, it has nothin to do with the Spurs "not showin up".........i don't ever remember a 1 vs. 8 seed where a lot of people thought the 8th seed had a good chance at winning, and even before the series began, lots of people thought the Grizzlies would give the Spurs a whole lot of trouble........yall are just not THAT good, like your record indicates.

I didnt say the grizzlies arent playing tougher basketball right now. Thats part of wanting it more, and playing hungrier. Part of the problem is, that Pop decided to go with a more high scoring offense during the regular season. Thats fine, cus it wins regular season games. He knows that style doesnt win championships, so he has tried to switch it to a more grinding out style for the playoffs. Thats how we won our championships. The problem is, trying to completely change up your style of play once the playoffs starts is very fuckin difficult. Its even more difficult when you keep giving players like Matt Bonner more PT than Tiago Splitter. If we are gonna grind it out, we dont need bigs shooting 3's, we need bigs clogging the lane and on the boards. Duncan has had to stick Gasol just cus of size. That leaves a player like McDyess (old), Bonner (lame), and Blair (Short) trying to guard Randolph. You start Splitter, he has the size to stick Gasol and you can let Timmy guard Randolph. His length might make things a little more difficult for Zach.

Either way, yeah..we ARE a better team than the Grizz. But they are definitely playing better ball right now. And the major part of that is effort. They are out hustling us, out working us, and playing with more intensity. If you dont know that, then you arent watching the games. We knew this was the worst possible matchup for us in the first round (stylewise). But our guys havent brought the intensity at all, and Duncan can only do so much against both bigs.

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 11:38:58 AM »
ah ah ah fuck the sprums