Author Topic: Why did Xzibit fall off so bad?  (Read 1997 times)

love33

Why did Xzibit fall off so bad?
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »
He used to be dope when he was droppin all those tracks and phat albums.  I remember At The Speed of Light, 40 Dayz and 40 Nights, Restless was his best, and Man vs. Machine had some bomb tracks on it too, then he started playin around with cars on mtv and he completely fell off the cliff.  I don't understand how someone that dope could fall so hard.  I mean "X," "Been A Long Time" w Nate Dogg, "What U See is What U Get," "Bitch Please" w Snoop, "Get Your Walk On," "Multiply" with Nate, "Harder" w Golden State, "My Name" w Eminem & Nate, "Alcoholik" w the Likz.  I mean he knew how to make good music.  And now he's forgotten.  I don't even hear anyone talk about his old music.  At least with Warren G, they talk about him.  That "Phenom" track he did with Kurupt was decent.  Nobody even mentions him.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: Why did Xzibit fall off so bad?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »
He should go to a Miami club, soak in the music then make a comeback. It's the only thing that makes sense right love?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:36:46 PM »
He used to be dope when he was droppin all those tracks and phat albums.  I remember At The Speed of Light, 40 Dayz and 40 Nights, Restless was his best, and Man vs. Machine had some bomb tracks on it too, then he started playin around with cars on mtv and he completely fell off the cliff.  I don't understand how someone that dope could fall so hard.  I mean "X," "Been A Long Time" w Nate Dogg, "What U See is What U Get," "Bitch Please" w Snoop, "Get Your Walk On," "Multiply" with Nate, "Harder" w Golden State, "My Name" w Eminem & Nate, "Alcoholik" w the Likz.  I mean he knew how to make good music.  And now he's forgotten.  I don't even hear anyone talk about his old music.  At least with Warren G, they talk about him.  That "Phenom" track he did with Kurupt was decent.  Nobody even mentions him.

"Thank You" is a recent track of his that has made a lot of noise.  I don't think he's been totally forgotten.  I do agree with much of your post though, this dude was on fire and then kind of fell off.   I think after success he lost some of his hunger, and if you listen to his first 3 albums, X's hunger was resounding throughout.   Nobody sounded more hungry on the mic than X on his 40 Dayz 40 Nightz album.. I mean when he was spittin shit like "Jerry Spring you out the door, then Suge Knight you in the parking lot" and shit like that... I just don't think it's possible to come with that level of intensity for a sustained period of time, or after you've achieved the success he finally achieved with Restless going platinum.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 11:42:42 PM »
Almost all of his new music has been weak after "Weapons Of Mass Destruction". "Full Circle" had "Say It To My Face" though, that's a classic IMO. I think he actually dropped two mixtapes with Young De not so long ago and nobody here is talkin' about them. I think he owes a lot of money and that's probably the real reason why he signed to Hoo-Bangin'. He needs to get back in the studio and scrap everything he already recorded for the album ("Phenom" etc) and start workin' with some real dope producers.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:44:47 PM by Okka »

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 11:52:07 PM »
Full circle was better than restless, just my oppinion, and I know I'm alone with that, but think about it.

Restless was one of the records of that "era", that "up in the smoke tour era", not really an X album, like ATSOF, or 40 dayz...
man vs... was something like a compilations of restless leftovers, and weapons was another hungry album again, like the first, and the second.

full circle was a good album, juts a good, not as fantastic like the earliest, but good.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:29:32 AM »
He didn't fall off. Like anyone whose been in the game for a long time, his shit just declined with time.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 12:33:05 AM »
He didn't fall off. Like anyone whose been in the game for a long time, his shit just declined with time.

Give him a beat and he can still deliver. Phenom, Hurt Locker, Dying 2 Live. He still had some nice tracks over the years. But the tracks with Young De have been wack.

love33

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 01:17:25 AM »

I see what you're sayin but I kinda disagree on this one -- he was kinda settin up to be like a Jay-Z or Eminem of the West then he completely just fell like an avalanche.  Even 50 gave him a shoutout on "In Da Club."  But some west coast bias could have come into effect -- he wasn't gettin the calls to feature on some cats albums like Nelly's, get the r&b verse drops like 50, or drop some dope bars on other fat cat's albums but he was pretty close to breakin through to the cream of the crop.  He even did that rock video with Lil Jon so he was branchin out.  He was workin with the names of the time - Busta Rhymez, Eminem, Snoop, Game, Fat Joe, etc.  I'm real surprised Dre didn't take him for another spin considering the success of Restless.  He was Dre's man to get there IMO, not Knoc'Turnal or Hittman.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 01:27:00 AM »
I wanna know why him and dre stopped working together. My guess is that faggot iovine.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 02:44:57 AM »
I wanna know why him and dre stopped working together. My guess is that faggot iovine.

Yeah, probably. It's all about that money. Dre produced "Grown Man Business" though and that was supposed to come out on "Weapons Of Mass Destruction" and didn't Dre also produce the original version of "LAX" that featured Linkin Park?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 02:47:19 AM »

Yeah, probably. It's all about that money. Dre produced "Grown Man Business" though and that was supposed to come out on "Weapons Of Mass Destruction" and didn't Dre also produce the original version of "LAX" that featured Linkin Park?
what about kendrik lamar then?

Okka

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 02:53:21 AM »

what about kendrik lamar then?

Dre probably thinks that Kendrick Lamar is the next big thing on the West Coast.

Eddz

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 04:01:13 AM »
X just needs some better producers. He should of signed to Shady.

kuruptlon

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2011, 06:08:45 AM »
For me, I couldn't really look at him the same after he did Pimp My Ride, he just seemed kind of corny.

Lets be honest, how was he ever going to match what happened on Restless. You had Dre's backing (which is kind of crazy because Dre never gets projects out) and all that star power.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 06:44:57 AM »
This is kinda like the whole Cube doing movies arguement but actually there are many examples of ehh Cube tracks.

Outside of maybe Concentrate, name me some tracks that Xzibit has fell the fuck off on because I am not seeing it. If anything he is just not as active with projects as he used to be. Pimp My Ride does not have shit to do with lyrics.