Author Topic: Book of David sell 9,700 in debut week, damn  (Read 1400 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Book of David sell 9,700 in debut week, damn
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 12:37:21 AM »
I'm satisfied with the album, it's definitely worth the purchase. Honestly, I expected it to sell even less than this considering that Quik is still pretty underground and all the downloading isn't helping any. I mean Snoop had some pretty good promo for his album, and his videos got play on tv, and he still didn't sell a lot.
it helps getting his music heard

TT Makaveli

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:47 AM »
lol what did you expected?i mean Westcoast Rap saleswise is dead for a long long long time...what was the last Westcoast album that sold more than 500k?LAX...that was 2008 man...

doggfather

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 01:40:54 AM »
lol what did you expected?i mean Westcoast Rap saleswise is dead for a long long long time...what was the last Westcoast album that sold more than 500k?LAX...that was 2008 man...

sad, but truth...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Eddz

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 02:24:07 AM »
I think 9k is pretty good too. Vado got a pretty strong buzz and him and Cam still couldn't out sell Quik.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 03:35:25 AM »
Regarding the West as a whole. It's pretty obvious why alot of WC cats can't sell.

One of the biggest reasons are the fans. They're too split up. I mean Cali alone got what, 37 million ppl?

Half of the fans are too stuck in the old times. Don't accept anything unless it's directly related to something from the old days (like most of the rappers we have now are directly linked to the NWA family tree). It's always a comparison to the old. I mean here's Nipsey who everybody loved one day, he says "Fuck a Detox" and then all of a sudden it's "Fuck Nipsey he's wack anyways". Basically they're all nostalgia critics.

Hearing them discuss Hip-Hop is like watching any video on Youtube were the highest rated comment is some cheap lame shot at Lil' Wayne and how gay he is, while guys like "2pac, Eminem, Biggie etc rule. Fuck yeah!"

Then the other half are just straight teen boppers. It's like unless shit's pop and selling they don't wanna fuck with it.

The first half of the group are still waiting for Dre to do some G-Funk in 2011. So they won't accept anything unless it reminds them of the old days. I mean most of the "relevant" WC rappers today are still from the 80's-90's for cryin' out loud. While you can look at other regions and still see alot of artist that either came after the 90's and had a impact or just right after the whole "2pac vs Biggie era".

The other half wants something "new" and "fresh" from the WC but not the way we want them to do it. They more or less wanna hear that New Boyz, Young Money sound and wants it to sell and be popular so they can fit in in school with their friends or some shit.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 03:37:53 AM by PhunkyDoob »

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 05:29:23 AM »
I think it's not that bad considering he's still an underground artist

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 06:12:57 AM »
it's my favorite album that dropped in the last 7-8 moths. the last album I think that was better was E-40's Day Shift and Night Shift from last year. The lyrics on this album are better than expected and it's a lot of 80's and 90's vibe on it which i like. I bought "Blaqkout" and I will buy "Book Of David" next month when my bank account feels good again.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 06:27:16 AM »
Sales don't & never will mean anything.

doggfather

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 06:34:15 AM »
it's my favorite album that dropped in the last 7-8 moths. the last album I think that was better was E-40's Day Shift and Night Shift from last year. The lyrics on this album are better than expected and it's a lot of 80's and 90's vibe on it which i like. I bought "Blaqkout" and I will buy "Book Of David" next month when my bank account feels good again.

and what about the new 40's?!

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 08:03:23 AM »
Regarding the West as a whole. It's pretty obvious why alot of WC cats can't sell.

One of the biggest reasons are the fans. They're too split up. I mean Cali alone got what, 37 million ppl?

Half of the fans euros are too stuck in the old times. Don't accept anything unless it's directly related to something from the old days (like most of the rappers we have now are directly linked to the NWA family tree). It's always a comparison to the old. I mean here's Nipsey who everybody loved one day, he says "Fuck a Detox" and then all of a sudden it's "Fuck Nipsey he's wack anyways". Basically they're all nostalgia critics.

Fixed. You're delusional if you think any worthwhile percentage of California rap fans care about either the old west or the new west.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 10:54:59 AM »

and what about the new 40's?!

they ain't that good. I didn't listen to em that intensely as I did with last year's records because of Snoop and WC also having new stuff out and now it's Quik, Del and Bootsy as well but from my few listening sessions the lyrics are not on the same level as far as making me laugh and so on. Plus the beats are a bit weaker on this one and the guest list is not that thrillin. They're still are very decent records, "That Candy Paint" is one of the dopst car anthems ever though, I love it. They're shooting a video for it
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

doggfather

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 11:03:12 AM »
Oh, I understand you.

Don't forget to tryin the new Brotha!

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

felipebtu

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »
numbers says nothing..

Just look at the audience that is going on tour..amazing..in ever store session autographs

there you measure success, radio and record sales do not say anything else ..

this is a thing of the 20th century, is now 21century

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2011, 11:40:53 AM »

Half of the fans are too stuck in the old times. Don't accept anything unless it's directly related to something from the old days (like most of the rappers we have now are directly linked to the NWA family tree). It's always a comparison to the old. I mean here's Nipsey who everybody loved one day, he says "Fuck a Detox" and then all of a sudden it's "Fuck Nipsey he's wack anyways". Basically they're all nostalgia critics.

Hearing them discuss Hip-Hop is like watching any video on Youtube were the highest rated comment is some cheap lame shot at Lil' Wayne and how gay he is, while guys like "2pac, Eminem, Biggie etc rule. Fuck yeah!"

Then the other half are just straight teen boppers. It's like unless shit's pop and selling they don't wanna fuck with it.

The first half of the group are still waiting for Dre to do some G-Funk in 2011. So they won't accept anything unless it reminds them of the old days. I mean most of the "relevant" WC rappers today are still from the 80's-90's for cryin' out loud. While you can look at other regions and still see alot of artist that either came after the 90's and had a impact or just right after the whole "2pac vs Biggie era".

The other half wants something "new" and "fresh" from the WC but not the way we want them to do it. They more or less wanna hear that New Boyz, Young Money sound and wants it to sell and be popular so they can fit in in school with their friends or some shit.

This is the best post ive ever seen on here B!

This website is just like youtube. Niggaz talkin stupid shi5

westside159

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »
that new MC Eiht - Which Way Is West album coming this summer gonna be the best album this year cant wait  8) 8)