would you pay for a suge knight album

hells yeah
23 (44.2%)
fuck no
20 (38.5%)
depends on if it had dre beats
9 (17.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: If Suge Knight put out an album w/ him rapping on it would you buy it?  (Read 1346 times)

Okka

Re: If Suge Knight put out an album w/ him rapping on it would you buy it?
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 11:42:04 PM »
Damon Thomas Got His Jaw Broken By Dr.Dre (Yes, Dre Can Get Wicked Too), Dunno Tha Story Behind It But It Happend.
I had heard that in the early Death Row days, Dr. Dre, was in trouble for beating up a record producer.  It got mentioned quite a bit in a number of his biographies as one of the cases that lead to him being on house arrest in 1995. Was this the incident they were referring to?

That's one of the reasons. Dre was in trouble with the law all the time back in the early Death Row days. I don't know why people always sayin' Dre is soft and shit, even Snoop Dogg said that he started fightin' with the dude who snuffed him at the Vibe Awards before his security rushed him and Young Buck stabbed him. He always said he ain't a gangster and that makin' music is a job for him. There's a lot of shit that happened in Dre's life in the early 90's that people don't really know about.

123imagee

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2014, 02:28:55 AM »
Big Simon/Big Simon Says & Myrion Were Aliases For Damon Thomas (Also Ref. As Assassin Sometimes).Suge Did NOT Make Any Beats, He Executive Producer/Businessman Not A Beat Maker.

Damon Thomas Got His Jaw Broken By Dr.Dre (Yes, Dre Can Get Wicked Too), Dunno Tha Story Behind It But It Happend.

proof?

some death row insider said on one of the boards while back.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2014, 02:46:34 AM »
Big Simon/Big Simon Says & Myrion Were Aliases For Damon Thomas (Also Ref. As Assassin Sometimes).Suge Did NOT Make Any Beats, He Executive Producer/Businessman Not A Beat Maker.
proof?

After his work with several RnB artists in the 1990's and 2Pac in 1996, Damon Thomas produced a lot of remixes for Death Row before he joined Harvey Mason Jr to form The Underdogs production team. He also unreleased Dr Dre material which didn't appeared in the released version of Chronic 2000.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

123imagee

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2014, 02:56:35 AM »
proof?

After his work with several RnB artists in the 1990's and 2Pac in 1996, Damon Thomas produced a lot of remixes for Death Row before he joined Harvey Mason Jr to form The Underdogs production team. He also unreleased Dr Dre material which didn't appeared in the released version of Chronic 2000.

+1

bouli77

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2014, 05:06:50 AM »
Not only would I buy it, but I'd pay good money for it.

You know his punch lines and ad libs would be tight, maybe some spoken word interludes. Kinda like some J Prince shit on RAL records.

Shit would be classic. But he'd have to have some good disses. Like at least 50% of the album should be diss tracks. Maybe 75% now that I think about it.

lmao yeah Suge got quotables for days, shit would be an instant classic. I like me some spoken word interludes/outros sometimes lol, like Pimp C's outro on Ridin' Dirty, or MC Eiht's on Music to Driveby or Yella's Not Long Ago or 2nd II None's If U Ain't Fuckin' (pure comedy). and of course Herm Lewis's albums, as a confessed self-help aficionado i've always liked motivational/spiritual shit like that lmao, probably the reason I like Afu-Ra, Jeru & Guru so much.
no offense but you dont feel weird at all being french and listening to herm lewis rant about black power?

none taken. not trying to sound like Infinite but I don't feel really weird cause I never felt Herm was hateful or racist like that, he's more on a positive tip, he's mostly talking about self improvement and advocating respectable values. I mean songs like BGF's Crips & Bloods, 415's, or Street Soldiers I totally dig cause he's telling universal truths. I don't pay attention to the parts specifically aimed at the black community and I tend to focus more on the individual stuff. now if he was saying Kill every white person only based on their skin colors, then i'd have a problem with him. I don't endorse Black Power like that but some of what he says is universal. now I had a hard time getting into Paris for that reason, cause he seemed ind of shady in regards with his political opinions, too subsersive. same for Dead Prez, but in the end I still bump them, once you understand they're mostly talking about white establishment and not you as a human being. I get what you say though, I'd feel weird If I was preaching for him, fully agreeing with him and idolizing him and started using his terminology like infinite does it on the forum with black figures.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2014, 11:17:37 AM »
listen to dudes like him and dick gregory etc.

alot of knowledge gets kicked if you can stay tuned long enough for them to make their damn point.