Author Topic: Mike Brown officially new head coach of lakers!!!  (Read 1267 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Mike Brown officially new head coach of lakers!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »
Mike Brown will just be a spectator like Phil was. I'm sure the Lakers end up getting Howard for Luke Walton and a Tommy's Burger or some shit
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »
derek fisher and walton are done, especially walton with the only good thing about him was the "knowledge of the triangle offense".

this is horrible imo, but as a fan i hope it works out.

he couldnt handle lebron and is a horrible offensive coach, who the fuck is going to be his offensive coordinator?  his last one is a head coach now although he isnt  doing so great. anybody can preach good defense its not that hard, offense is the better ladder of the game obviously and he just doesnt have it.

i mean would love to have kobe run the offense freely, but somebodys gonna have to check him and mike brown aint it. niggas gonna choke.

if you think lebron is blew off mike brown, imagine what kobe would do and how fast the team would lose respect for him.

i hoped we get rick adelman, more than shaw, mostly because the fact that shaw would be a push over when it comes to kobe.

corner offense, let kobe run the triangle, pick and rolls, iso plays

man so many threats not even on the talent level with him on the team, its ridiculous and u know he wouldnt be afraid to talk to kobe like phil did.

i hope brown does well for our sake, but wow man we done did it. im hope im wrong.

worst comes to worst kobes gonna be coach. lol

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

teecee

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 08:04:36 AM »
Brown is a great defensive coach and a good motivator.  In cleveland he never had complete control I dont think, and I'm not sure how that will change with Kobe.

Having said that, Brown has more to work with in LA; hes got versatile bigs, and I don't think he'll have to do a one man offense like he did in CLE.  And Kobe isn't really built to do what Bron did in CLE anyway.

I think we may all be surprised at what type of offense tr lakers run; their defense gonna be sick though

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »
Brown is a great defensive coach and a good motivator.  In cleveland he never had complete control I dont think, and I'm not sure how that will change with Kobe.

Having said that, Brown has more to work with in LA; hes got versatile bigs, and I don't think he'll have to do a one man offense like he did in CLE.  And Kobe isn't really built to do what Bron did in CLE anyway.

I think we may all be surprised at what type of offense tr lakers run; their defense gonna be sick though

The thing is, the Lakers had a pretty good defensive squad during their championship run. This year they had virtually the same team (+ Matt Barnes). Their problem is they have a lot of players who don't lay it on the line every play, on D. And that's starting with their leader Kobe. They REALLY need to find a PG imo cus as long the old man and Blake are out there you will be having opposing PGs getting into the lane.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 01:03:41 PM »

The thing is, the Lakers had a pretty good defensive squad during their championship run. This year they had virtually the same team (+ Matt Barnes). Their problem is they have a lot of players who don't lay it on the line every play, on D. And that's starting with their leader Kobe. They REALLY need to find a PG imo cus as long the old man and Blake are out there you will be having opposing PGs getting into the lane.

phil is gone, fish and walton are done. i really wonder whos gonna coordinate his offense.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »
Shaw is done with the Lakers, management has decided to move in another direction and is done with the triangle/Phil Jackson era...i didn't want Brown to be our coach, but that doesn't mean I can't see this working. Mike Brown took the worst team to the Finals out of all the teams that have ever made it there. He's also a great defensive coach and will let Kobe do a lot of the coaching, which is exactly what I liked about Brian Shaw. I can't lie, though, I wanted Shaw over all the candidates, but this could definitely turn out to be good.

LEBRON took them to the finals

Mike Brown was along for the ride because SOMEBODY had to be named "coach"
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 08:40:17 PM »

i always said that team had no business being in the finals and that lebron had an easy road there that year... and kobe's game is not even built for a triangle offense, so this should work in his favor as opposed to working against him.

I thought the triangle offense was good for Kobe.  When he first came in the league he'd try to go 1 on 5 and I think the triangle helped him much in the same way it helped Jordan, made him a more balanced player and forced him to share the game with the team.  The Lakers are really gonna miss Phil Jackson, and having Shaw run the team would of been the next best thing.  

So now I guess they are done with that era...   So now they are gonna need a big superstar addition like Dwight Howard if they expect to get back to the Finals.  
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 08:56:34 PM »

i always said that team had no business being in the finals and that lebron had an easy road there that year... and kobe's game is not even built for a triangle offense, so this should work in his favor as opposed to working against him.

I thought the triangle offense was good for Kobe.  When he first came in the league he'd try to go 1 on 5 and I think the triangle helped him much in the same way it helped Jordan, made him a more balanced player and forced him to share the game with the team.  The Lakers are really gonna miss Phil Jackson, and having Shaw run the team would of been the next best thing.  

So now I guess they are done with that era...   So now they are gonna need a big superstar addition like Dwight Howard if they expect to get back to the Finals.  

Lol anyone else..Scittles would immediately call an idiot in his best internet tough guy manner for disagreeing with him

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 09:46:53 PM »
Shaw is done with the Lakers, management has decided to move in another direction and is done with the triangle/Phil Jackson era...i didn't want Brown to be our coach, but that doesn't mean I can't see this working. Mike Brown took the worst team to the Finals out of all the teams that have ever made it there. He's also a great defensive coach and will let Kobe do a lot of the coaching, which is exactly what I liked about Brian Shaw. I can't lie, though, I wanted Shaw over all the candidates, but this could definitely turn out to be good.

LEBRON took them to the finals

Mike Brown was along for the ride because SOMEBODY had to be named "coach"

yea, you're right...lebron was the reason they were the best defensive unit in the league. all praise the mighty king, huh? u fuckin faggot

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »

we can do it without dwight...dwight would be nice, but our roster is still very manageable, and kobe will use this offseason to nurse his injuries...i aint trippin.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »
lol @ giving Mike Brown credit. Kill yourself.

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 12:10:36 PM »
lol @ giving Mike Brown credit. Kill yourself.

Eric Spoelstra is really the main reason the Heat are in the finals, didnt you know?

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 12:57:34 AM »
We'll see how it turns out ...  at least I like Mike Brown focus on the defensive end of the floor .. it's about time ... and yep he did turn Cleveland into a very good defensive team ... offensively wise it was very simple and way too much Lebron iso oriented but it's not like he had a personal to do something completely different ...

Spoelstra has proven he was a decent coach the two years prior the Big 3 by making Wade + a bunch of role players a good defensive team ... 

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 02:37:38 AM »
Kobe won't ever win again. ;D

End thread.

Lol at u quoting yourself. Lakers arent done. They can still win with what they have all drama aside. Other than that defense was a weak point and having mike brown helps more than it hurts on that end so long as they get on board,with his system.