Author Topic: Laylaw Discusses His History With Dr. Dre, 2Pac, Ghost-Producing Cali Love Remix  (Read 2229 times)

GangstaBoogy

I remember that bad azz interview. I believe the part about him not making the beats but the part about him not making more than 200k? Stoppit.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Triple OG Rapsodie

Why you wont work with the man if he rob you once? ???

This is where the logic of Dre robbing people doesn't pay off. This is all coming from people who Dre doesn't fuck with anymore. All Dre would have to do is reach out and they would hop right back in the studio with him. Would you do that to someone who had did you wrong?

BiggBoogaBiff

After all of this my man Dre has yet to comment...

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

That's never been dres style. I believe him and em are of the same train of thought that less press makes you more of an illusive and intriguing artist with longer career stability, I dont know why they didn't teach this to fifty.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
I remember that bad azz interview. I believe the part about him not making the beats but the part about him not making more than 200k? Stoppit.

Not saying he's right but i get what he was saying and i could see his point.

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
Not that I really care but I can't see a single mistake Dre has made in his career. He is my type of dude, handle business, get paid. He got longevity and people can't wait to hear his shit. not only that, he's still alive.

If that is bad, can I get some?
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

Stan

Yup^^^ ... On another note I heard the Mel-Man track from the The Wash featuring Ox.  Bringing it up cuz Bad Azz mentioned The Wash.  That was Mel-Man solo and guess what!  That song was WACK as fuck!  You can hear the 2001 elements in it but something is missing ... its clear but it just doesn't bang like a Dre track.  I bet Dre could've made that one way better but what's the point... if makes it better he's robbing people right  ::)
If that's what he does (I don't know) then so be it.  Takes a B- track and makes it A+ who gives a fuck?!  All these people complaining have never made A+ tracks consistently without Dre.  Storch makes some bangers with already established artists but I've never seen him and his team makes stars ... just like the other people complaining

I'll give Timbo and Neptunes credit though of course on career longevity and $$$

BiggBoogaBiff

I'll give Timbo and Neptunes credit though of course on career longevity and $$$

VA baby!  We breed legends over here.

Lucifuge

Why you wont work with the man if he rob you once? ???

This is where the logic of Dre robbing people doesn't pay off. This is all coming from people who Dre doesn't fuck with anymore. All Dre would have to do is reach out and they would hop right back in the studio with him. Would you do that to someone who had did you wrong?

Thats what im saying. why you came again and again, and he's fuck you up once, twice, and you keep coming back, fuck is wrong with you?
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

GangstaBoogy

That melman track on the wash was indeed ass. So were the songs he did for truth hurts.

But what about the "gangsta" joint he did for joe beast? Tell me he didn't fool you into thinkin that was dre...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

One2free

• Muthafuckin' OG
If Dre is jackin all these beats then how come they can't make the same hits when he's not in the picture?   :-\

I don't agree on this.
U hear what are his last leaks & works. Doesn't sound dope at all, so how come can't he make those dope ass sounds from backintheday when all those mentionned are not in the picture anymore ?

It all depends from where you're going to consider the question.
My understanding is that Dre is rather a dope mixer than a dope producer. Don't make me saying what I didn't say, he can produce as well, but it's like a lot of times he ACTUALLY take someone else's songs & add some instrument, or some effect, etc which MAKE those songs sounded dope. Therefore IMO some of them entourage saying this or that like a Cold187um, Daz, I mean u know, shits like taking credit from other's work.
Like what is common believed & everyone sayin its dope, that intro & outro beat from Cali Love video is from him, when actually that is NOT from him.

What made The Chronic wasn't based on Dre on his own, but on all that entourage, u do know this. Like Dre + Snoop is bananas, but Dre alone is meh. Snoop alone is meh, ya know what Im sayin?
It seems like for this last album Detox, he's trying to work out a new sound which to be honest is nothing special or incredible. Those artists/producers actually surrounded him may provide an environment that may sound like "meh"

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

If Dre is jackin all these beats then how come they can't make the same hits when he's not in the picture?   :-\

I don't agree on this.
U hear what are his last leaks & works. Doesn't sound dope at all, so how come can't he make those dope ass sounds from backintheday when all those mentionned are not in the picture anymore ?

My understanding is that Dre is rather a dope mixer than a dope producer. Don't make me saying what I didn't say, he can produce as well, but it's like a lot of times he ACTUALLY take someone else's songs & add some instrument, or some effect, etc which MAKE those songs sounded dope. Therefore IMO some of them entourage saying this or that like a Cold187um, Daz, I mean u know, shits like taking credit from other's work.
[/b]Like what is common believed & everyone sayin its dope, that intro & outro beat from Cali Love video is from him, when actually that is NOT from him.

What made The Chronic wasn't based on Dre on his own, but on all that entourage, u do know this. Like Dre + Snoop is bananas, but Dre alone is meh. Snoop alone is meh, ya know what Im sayin?
It seems like for this last album Detox, he's trying to work out a new sound which to be honest is nothing special or incredible. Those artists/producers actually surrounded him may provide an environment that may sound like "meh"

Budda-beat? not sure, seems like its just speculation tho

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

That's never been dres style. I believe him and em are of the same train of thought that less press makes you more of an illusive and intriguing artist with longer career stability, I dont know why they didn't teach this to fifty.
because 50 is an attention whore

I don't agree on this.

Like what is common believed & everyone sayin its dope, that intro & outro beat from Cali Love video is from him, when actually that is NOT from him.

because he seems insecure about the direction of Detox, you can't blame his partners for that.

anyway, off course dre is not the only one responsible for the success of the chronic, but he did have a lot to do with it. you can discredit him all you want, but history speaks for itself

bouli77

I don't agree on this.

[/b]Like what is common believed & everyone sayin its dope, that intro & outro beat from Cali Love video is from him, when actually that is NOT from him.

Budda-beat? not sure, seems like its just speculation tho

bud'da said he did the beat in his latest interview with hip hop dx

Stan

Bilderberg, Cross em out, and a few other player-haters from the first two pages... A quote, most recently, Str8 from the horse's mouth asked by myself:

Stan: "A lot of player haters on this forum are saying Dr. Dre is nothin but beat-jacker and his whole career is phony.  As a producer that has worked with him what is your opinion?  Should Dre be legitimately responsible for all the hits he's made?  Is he fair?"

EasSki: "dre is the best that's done it, he has been able to take production and make it sound bigger then anyone, dre knows how to take others production in a direction that it would never go if it was not for his approach."

So, like above, that's my point.  A lot of people can have C or B level tracks that would go nowhere without his touch.  Again why he makes stars ...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:47:48 AM by Stan »