Author Topic: What if Eminem would of retired in 03'/04' when he was thinking about it?  (Read 464 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
When the Eminem Show album came out back in 02' I remember Eminem saying in an interview that he was a perfectionist; and that each album had to top the previous album; and that the day that he could no longer do that would be the day he would retire. 

Then Proof was in an interview around the release of the second D12 album and before the release of Encore.  He said something to the effect of Em had done the D12 record, that he was going to cut one more album, and then retire from rap to spend time with his family.

Then, on the Encore album you have all the symbolism of him committing suicide and his final track "Encore/Curtains Down" with Dre and 50.  He also talks about passing 50 the button on the track "Never Enough".

So all the symbolism was there, and Eminem had finally failed to top himself with the Encore album.  So if he was going to stay true to his word that would of been an opportune time for him to hang the mic up and retire a legend.  His credibility would have never been tainted.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

GangstaBoogy

I wish one of these dudes really would retire on top. Remember when dre said "give me one my platinum plaque then fuck rap, you can have it back"? Shit wouldve been soo dope if 2001 was really his last album then he spent the rest of his career as a producer / ceo. This detox game is gonna fuck up his legacy a bit. Even if the album is a classic, no album is worth the wait. Especially one that includes "I need a doctor".
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Rappers are like athletes: they should retire earlier then they do, but keep on going for the fame and money.

R Kelly

• Lil Geezy
Less people would be eating.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
LOL, no way.

Lunatic

LOL, no way.
This because "Encore" sucked so bad, would still have tainted his legacy. Now if he retired after "The Eminem Show" (a very solid album IMO), now that would be a different story.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

LOL, no way.
This because "Encore" sucked so bad, would still have tainted his legacy. Now if he retired after "The Eminem Show" (a very solid album IMO), now that would be a different story.

exactly what I was just typing until it said that another reply was posted  :)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Well, if Nas would have gotten hit up in 97 rather than Biggie, he definitely would have gone down as a legend.  Perhaps the GOAT.  But he just kept going.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
If 50 cent was killed right after get rich or die tryin people would be talkin about him the goat discussions

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
NAS is a living legend.  Hell, 50 is a living legend.  In their prime none could touch'em.  Complete dominance.  And even when that spot light shifted away from them they keep doing it for the love which is great.  I know they still searching for that light in some fashion, at least 50 is but aye let'em do what they do.  Some of y'all act like the world is ending cause a bad album is released. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I actually said "no way" because I can't believe this guy made ANOTHER Eminem thread. But glad to contribute. :)

Triple OG Rapsodie

NAS is a living legend.  Hell, 50 is a living legend.  In their prime none could touch'em.  Complete dominance.  And even when that spot light shifted away from them they keep doing it for the love which is great.  I know they still searching for that light in some fashion, at least 50 is but aye let'em do what they do.  Some of y'all act like the world is ending cause a bad album is released. 

50 a living legend? One good album don't make it so. That album isn't even in the classics discussion.

doggfather

50 a living legend? One good album don't make it so. That album isn't even in the classics discussion.

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

O.G A.Geesta'z

Rappers are like athletes: they should retire earlier then they do, but keep on going for the fame and money.
i disagree because Athletes continue for the love of the game as rappers do too

The West is Back

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
we wouldnt have gotten RELAPSE which was a great album... glad he stuck around for that one.... and we wouldnt have gotten RECOVERY which was his worst album (yes worse then encore)... hopefully he can rebound again