Author Topic: Whose to say Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are really all that close anyway?  (Read 595 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

i mean we know they know they're aware of their good business relationship in music but who can say for sure these niggaz really be kickin' it together like he do with Eminem or maybe even 50?

like i know in cases where family aren't all that tite sometimes but that's Warren G's brother but u dont see Dre makin music with tha nigga. 

i'm just sayin'.  you'd figure shit would be a little different in tha game if alotta these niggaz in tha game that know they got good chemistry together don't be makin' tha music that "they should".

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

dre aint kickd it wit anybody from the old/classic west coast-scene since the "2001" album

even a dude like Snoop is fightin for attention
imagine Dre producin for E-40, too short, dogg pound, spice 1, wc, mc eiht...

but then again, i understand him. if i was a producer n on his level, id rather work wit a guy like Jay-Z over a westcoast-leftover from the 90's. who can blame him?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:12:35 AM by Michael Madsen »

GangstaBoogy

Eww I don't wanna see dre waste beats on mc eiht, wc, or spice 1
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

too short deserves one tho,
n i wanna hear Dogg Pound at least one more time.. for old times sake
oh, and Cube
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:25:03 AM by Michael Madsen »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
wc cant be worse than game

Jimmy H.

oh, and Cube
I don't like that "entitled" way of thinking though. Dre should be able to make music with whoever he wants to. Nobody is owed anything and that's kind of the problem. It's been twenty years and there's still only one Dr. Dre. It's not just Dre. Everybody feels like because he's working on a new album that "Oh, he should fuck with these guys" but the same folks complaining could do the same and ain't. Snoop got the same access to artists and producers that Dre do and how often do you see Warren G produce and rap on his albums? Or RBX? And I'm not really knocking it too much because that Doggumentary was a hot record but damn, if Dre's ideas are so wrong and he don't have the right people behind him, why don't Snoop grab D.O.C. and all these people and get it popping with them. Same goes for Game and everyone else. None of them want to make WEST COAST albums either, they want to Dre give them tracks or else they're getting Kanye, The Neptunes, or someone that sells. They want Dre to make a West Coast album while they have the freedom to work with whoever.

GangstaBoogy

Game > wc

Never did like him other than a few tolerable verses here and there.

I'd like to see dre produce for short cuz dre is like the only person he hasn't worked with. And 40 would be cool because he can still make hits. But the rest of these washed up niggas? Nah no point.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas

it sound weird to me too..

but the eiht from 89-96...

would out wreck anybody on a dre beat now...eiht on high powered... :o :o :o :o

alot dj slip n eiht produce songs shit on dre's shit..

mc eiht back then could ryde a beat made of air...

spice shit was unorthadox... but he could ryde a dre beat too...i can hear spice on a half of niggaz 4 life, and the chronic beats

same 4 w.c

the shit they do now...is different than yesteryear

oh, and Cube
I don't like that "entitled" way of thinking though. Dre should be able to make music with whoever he wants to. Nobody is owed anything and that's kind of the problem. It's been twenty years and there's still only one Dr. Dre. It's not just Dre. Everybody feels like because he's working on a new album that "Oh, he should fuck with these guys" but the same folks complaining could do the same and ain't. Snoop got the same access to artists and producers that Dre do and how often do you see Warren G produce and rap on his albums? Or RBX? And I'm not really knocking it too much because that Doggumentary was a hot record but damn, if Dre's ideas are so wrong and he don't have the right people behind him, why don't Snoop grab D.O.C. and all these people and get it popping with them. Same goes for Game and everyone else. None of them want to make WEST COAST albums either, they want to Dre give them tracks or else they're getting Kanye, The Neptunes, or someone that sells. They want Dre to make a West Coast album while they have the freedom to work with whoever.

???
lol, the fuck?

not followin u,
not sayin Dre is owin anybody shit - but as a listener/fan im "entitled" to have
an opinion about who Dre should/could work wit. let my wish slip thru ur fingers, n dont let
subjectivity upset u - just deal wit it

i want Too Short and Dogg Pound on Dre-music, cuz i want to hear it - not cuz i think it will save a coast or any career

bouli77

Game > wc

Never did like him other than a few tolerable verses here and there.

I'd like to see dre produce for short cuz dre is like the only person he hasn't worked with. And 40 would be cool because he can still make hits. But the rest of these washed up niggas? Nah no point.

Short is on Game Over.... but Short's laid back delivery doesn't match Dre hard hitting style of beats.

WC is way better than game to me(i like game too btw). and he would sound perfect on a Dre beat IMO just like he sounded good on The Streets (with its dre-esque scott storch beat).

Dre has always been about his own legacy though. so it makes sense that he doesn't fuck around with a lot of people like a lot of producers do. he said he wanted to be the Quincy Jones of rap, not the average go to producer. so he's only gonna let you on his track if it fits his vision. which is why i still wonder how P ended up on Lay Low lol.

Re: Whose to say Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are really all that close anyway?
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 04:06:06 PM »
i member an interview wit Short, n when asked about collobartions - Dre was the only one left he ever wanted
to fuck wit. he was on Face "game over", but only for like 7 seconds or somthin

which is why i still wonder how P ended up on Lay Low lol.
i guess bcuz "lay low" was Snoops song (n not Dres)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »
telling p no...and he got u out ya fucked up contract...lol

he woulda been on that song regardless...

he missed top dogg when dre finally came ..p was nowhere to be found on that prolly like the only no limit album he was never on..i know its like 5 he wasnt on...which is crazy

be damn if he miss this album and his last one on no limit too..lol
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:18:13 PM by 3rd Coast »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »
dre aint kickd it wit anybody from the old/classic west coast-scene since the "2001" album

even a dude like Snoop is fightin for attention
imagine Dre producin for E-40, too short, dogg pound, spice 1, wc, mc eiht...

but then again, i understand him. if i was a producer n on his level, id rather work wit a guy like Jay-Z over a westcoast-leftover from the 90's. who can blame him?

e40 never got a Dre beat
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

2euce 7even

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 06:03:56 PM »

that would be dope tho.

and naw i dont think they really close.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 02:51:05 AM »
oh, and Cube
yeah, good point about snoop.
he says dre should get The D.O.C. but snoop doesn't let him write his albums either