Author Topic: Spin Thread: It's no coincidence that Pac's best album was his most east coast  (Read 902 times)

Your favorite posters favorite poster

Sounding album.  Me Against the World.  Its no coincidence his best album was his most east coast sounding album.  He even showed loved and respect to NY with Old School.  It was his most introspective and poetic album and hands down his best.  Its not AEOM because it was to commercial to be his best.  And its not Makaveli because it basically intorduced the Outlawz to the world.  Granted they were on a number of songs before that but Makaveli should of been called Makaveli and the Outlawz.  And if you groupies can look past the 2pac ties, the outlawz were fucking wack.  The only outlaw worth a damn was Hussein Fatal and he wasn't even on the damn album

Invincible

I've always thought that too. Easily his best album.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yup best pac album by far...and imo his FIRST good album...

Shango

I prefer Makaveli, its more complex, with some grimey tracks and some party tracks

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
i also agree this was his first good album...

back then i was a huge digital underground fan and becasue of that i was very familiar with pacs work but this was the first album he did aside from the thuglife project that had me like damn.

if u listen to it today it still holds up....it set some trends as far as how hip hop albums would be structured for years to come

sms130

• 'G'
I mean personally, they both are great albums. I love "Me Against The World" but, I think "The 7 Day Theory" is one cold piece. Both of those recording sessions brought out some great material. It's hard to say which is better but, "All Eyez On Me" is his most successful album selling over 5 million albums at the time of his death.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

I prefer Makaveli, its more complex, with some grimey tracks and some party tracks

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
7 Day Theory is his best album.

kemizt

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
agreed, Me against the world was his best. All Eyes on Me was really dope because it was 26 (?) tracks strong and had great productions and many good features, but yeah more commercial and like a greatest hits album, while MATW was more cohesive.

itzkarl813

• Lil Geezy
I agree,  Me Against the World, was a trendsetter, his best work, 7 day theory a close 2nd. 

Sikotic™

1. Me Against The World
2. 7 Day Theory
3. All Eyez On Me

That's how I see it. I wish he woulda done more of his albums in a similar manner to Me Against The World.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

GangstaBoogy

So makaveli is not the best because the outlawz were on it? Lmao geez the people on this forum are getting worst. Dre give these niggas detox or somethin

An album that features blasphemy, hold ya head, krazy, hail mary, and against all odds will always be the best hip hop album ever
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Your favorite posters favorite poster

So makaveli is not the best because the outlawz were on it? Lmao geez the people on this forum are getting worst. Dre give these niggas detox or somethin

An album that features blasphemy, hold ya head, krazy, hail mary, and against all odds will always be the best hip hop album ever

I can careless about Detox

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
All Eyez On Me is his best album

Jimmy H.

I agree,  Me Against the World, was a trendsetter, his best work, 7 day theory a close 2nd.