Author Topic: Spin Thread: It's no coincidence that Pac's best album was his most east coast  (Read 913 times)

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"Me Against The World" and "Makaveli" are the quintesential Pac albums to me. He had some standout tracks on his early stuff but he never quite had that balance that he did on these two.

I believe I've said it before but "All Eyez" is like watching the Dream Team perform. Yes, they excel but it's the best fucking people in the game doing what they do best. "Makaveli" is the kind of album that anyone that wants to be a true artist should emulate. Here was a guy who had just about every super producer and artist at his disposal and he went twelve tracks deep with some lesser known producers and outside of "Toss It Up", just used mostly unknowns from his own team. Someone like The Game needs that. "L.A.X." should have been him saying, "Okay. I did my album with world famous guests and producers. Here's a record where I show you what I can do." But record labels don't have that confidence in artists anymore.

Been saying this shit about artist for years, but don't just blame the label, blame glam yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
AEOM has more standout tracks but for me its a toss up between MATW and Makaveli. I'd probably go with Me Against The World because the production is better, 7 Day Theory had alot of no name producers with a raw sound but the mixing was a little poor.
i think me against the world has better content, but some of the beats sound cheap to me

Quadruple OG

So makaveli is not the best because the outlawz were on it? Lmao geez the people on this forum are getting worst.

Quality of posting has gone down drastically lately.

Anyways, as mentioned by a few others, the Makaveli album was his deepest and had the most range. I like "Me Against The World", but after joining Death Row 2pac had the motivation and hunger to put out his best work. You can backhand compliment it as a "commercial" album, however AEOM is a landmark album in hip-hop history. That's a fact that cannot be denied by anyone that knows hip-hop.

Yes, it brought him to a new level as a commercial artist but it was more Lebron James going to the Heat than some kind of Michael Jordan move.

If you want to use a Jordan analogy, Pac joining Death Row and dropping AEOM was more like Jordan coming out of retirement and then leading the Bulls to the greatest season in NBA history the following year. If you saw someone like R. Kelly or Wu-Tang sign with Death Row, then the LeBron analogy could be used IMO.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
And as far as darker, introspective sounding albums go, the Mackevelli album had a similar theme and sound to Me Against The World and is certainly comparable as well
:-\

kemizt

OG Hack Wilson

AEOM has more standout tracks but for me its a toss up between MATW and Makaveli. I'd probably go with Me Against The World because the production is better, 7 Day Theory had alot of no name producers with a raw sound but the mixing was a little poor.
i think me against the world has better content, but some of the beats sound cheap to me

cheap?  like what?

young niggas, lord knows, temptations, so many tears, fuck the world, old school, MATW, dear mama, heavy in the game.......these are some of the dopest beats
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

And as far as darker, introspective sounding albums go, the Mackevelli album had a similar theme and sound to Me Against The World and is certainly comparable as well
:-\

agreed...he's embarassing us whites
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
cant even type his heros album title correctly.

he probably pronounces it 2pack

OG Hack Wilson

cant even type his heros album title correctly.

he probably pronounces it 2pack
2-pack Shaker

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
2pack of newports and biggie fries.

OG Hack Wilson

2pack of newports and biggie fries.

WENDYS  8)

OG Hack Wilson

bomb first, hail mary, blashpemy, against all odds, hold ya head

4 of pac's 10 best beats on one album  8)

HighEyeCue

The content is dope but the production fit nicely IMO. I think I would use the word simple to best describe it.

bomb first, hail mary, blashpemy, against all odds, hold ya head

4 of pac's 10 best beats on one album  8)

The beats are dope but the mixing and mastering was poor

bigpimpin20

I prefer Makaveli, its more complex, with some grimey tracks and some party tracks
hurt-em-bad & darryl harper did amazing work and then just disappered

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
I prefer Makaveli, its more complex, with some grimey tracks and some party tracks
hurt-em-bad & darryl harper did amazing work and then just disappered

This falls into that area where 2pac didn't get enough credit. It's been said many times that 2pac was the driving force of many of these productions. Guys like Hurt em bad and Johnny j being conduits to his vision. It's the reason they haven't worked much since. Alone they simply aren't as great as they were with 2pac.

Your favorite posters favorite poster

Sounding album.  Me Against the World.  Its no coincidence his best album was his most east coast sounding album.  He even showed loved and respect to NY with Old School.  It was his most introspective and poetic album and hands down his best.  Its not AEOM because it was to commercial to be his best.  And its not Makaveli because it basically intorduced the Outlawz to the world.  Granted they were on a number of songs before that but Makaveli should of been called Makaveli and the Outlawz.  And if you groupies can look past the 2pac ties, the outlawz were fucking wack.  The only outlaw worth a damn was Hussein Fatal and he wasn't even on the damn album

Makaveli had 12 songs

4 with the Outlawz

that makes no sense but I do think MATW was Pac's second best overall album to Makaveli

Thats a little over 30%.... thats to much