Author Topic: Load Up Vs. Load Up  (Read 122 times)

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Load Up Vs. Load Up
« on: January 14, 2003, 07:20:29 AM »
Sup DubbCC brothaz.. from otha mothaz..

Yo..  I love it when I get inspired.. and this morning that very thing happened.  I've been playing the Retail Version of Load Up back to back with the OG Kurupt Version.. and man.. In my personal opinion... Kurupt soooo kills it.  He comes off hella natural when compared to Daz.. IMO.

Now don't get me wrong.. Daz's flow is sicker then sick.. but at times he can sound rushed.  Ahh fuck.. both versions are tight and we all know this.. but I'm currently partial to the Kurupt version.

Ok.. so the question of the day is.. WHO WROTE IT???  Are these Kurupt's lyrics or Daz's  I think Kurupt did.  His pace is slow and deadly like his classic verse on NY NY..  (which absolutely nothing compares to.  One of the sickest rhymes ever spit.. )

The purpose of this is to generate some feedback.. and to find out who you guys think wrote the song.  I'm curious to hear what the homie'z think.  AND YO.. ->Be candid..! No one liner responses please.. "this aint for the meek, weak or the BLEEK.. so sound off and SPEAK!  Let it be know like a freestyle from the DOOM.."   :o (< ok.. that was a little corny.. but hey.. I never professed to be a rap star.. just a fan currently on ONE!)

and Oh yea.. Thanks in advanced.   ;)

Axle "2132310" Fohley Fuck'N Fonzerelli
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Funkadelic

Re:Load Up Vs. Load Up
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 08:08:52 AM »
I haven't heard the Kurupt version so far...    :(

Quadruple OG

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 08:31:57 AM »
i like the Daz version because he puts emotion into the track, which Kurupt doesn't do.  If you hear the instrumental, you'd expect someone to come hard on the track, like daz did, instead of a lazy, laid back flow like Kurupt did.

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 09:00:12 AM »
Damn, I didn't hear the Kurupt version either...
I'm so far behind these days, Axle u need to give me an account for your ftp again (u still got one?)... hoLLLLLLa
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2003, 09:07:30 AM »
i like the Daz version because he puts emotion into the track, which Kurupt doesn't do.  If you hear the instrumental, you'd expect someone to come hard on the track, like daz did, instead of a lazy, laid back flow like Kurupt did.

Nice.. nice feedback.. But Kapone.. who do you think wrote it?  Would you say Daz or Kurupt?  Thanks for reply'N.

Axle
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2003, 09:09:23 AM »
All who need to hear it.. catch me on IRC as Tha_Fonz.

My Axle_F is logged in at home downloading Two Towers.. and I aint there.. at work.  

But I can log in from work (dial up) as Tha_Fonz.  Pz.

Axle
~Theodore Roosevelt

Quadruple OG

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 09:49:30 AM »

Nice.. nice feedback.. But Kapone.. who do you think wrote it?  Would you say Daz or Kurupt?  Thanks for reply'N.

Axle

I think both of them wrote it, because in some parts of the song, you can tell kurupt wrote it, and in other parts you can tell Daz wrote it.  it's similar to the song "I'd rather lie 2 ya" off of Daz's album "RAW".  Bad Azz rapped the original, but Daz redid it and put it on his album, and Bad Azz got writing credit.  Only difference is that Kurupt didn't get any writing credit in "This is the life I lead"

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2003, 10:04:25 AM »
I prefer Kurupt's version and I think he wrote some parts like "Me and D-a-z , d-a-z and me", so yeah, Kurupt is better in my opinion

Ps.: on the dpg forum, I heard there was a Bitch Make Me Rich version with Kurupt, if u have any info about it, holla at me

budsmokeronly

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2003, 10:42:05 AM »
this was my favorite track off Life I lead.  I think both daz and kurupt wrote this song together.  I like both versions, but I like Daz better.  I think he comes with more aggression and emotion in the song.  I think Kurupts version would sound better with a more g-funkish beat, since he raps slower, and his version is more laid back.  If warren g produced the song for kurupt I think it would have fit better, or the old style producing daz.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2003, 11:36:29 AM »
I've only listened to the kurupt version for a couple of days, and I'm feelin Daz's better right now, but that could change.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2003, 12:18:03 PM »
Kurupt flows smoothly in his version, but I prefer Daz's...I ain't heard that song too often yet though