Author Topic: West Coast Hip-Hop Is Back On Top....  (Read 1240 times)

westside4life

• 'G'
Re: West Coast Hip-Hop Is Back On Top....
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 12:23:57 PM »
your trippin dom kennedy, kendrick, jay rock, school boy q, ab-soul, c-san, pac div

they all get love, whatchu talkin about?

Then how come their threads only get like 2/3 posts and fade away while Pac, Dre, Detox and Death Row threads get 30+ pages?
Plus they're only the tip of the iceberg. You also have Shawn Chrystopher, H.O.P.E., Chuuwee and loads of others (even those I don't know about). But like someone else said, it ain't G-Funk so this forum doesn't bother...

cuz euros dont give a fuck about anything thats not death row, dre, tupac etc related its like all euros live under a fucking rock or something

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
dude tygas horrible rapper,

and hes a rich ass mother fucker, what kind of UPPERCLASS UNCLE TOM NIGGA says hes hood?

im serious dude, im sure all those foos that "got his back" are paid cuz tyga a rich motha fucka.

DUDE LIVES IN ENCINO, U KNO WHO LIVES IN ENCINO? damn celebs and multi millionaires, iw ouldnt go as far as billionaires but i wouldnt be surprised. lol man my homie delievers to ice cube down there.

i dont know how u dudes support a nigga like that, he makes ja rule look like o-dawg

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!

MistaNova

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 11:16:57 PM »
dude tygas horrible rapper,

and hes a rich ass mother fucker, what kind of UPPERCLASS UNCLE TOM NIGGA says hes hood?

i dont know how u dudes support a nigga like that, he makes ja rule look like o-dawg

Tyga's part asian... Anyway, you don't like Tyga fine, that's your opinion. I was just saying how he's one of many new artists who've made moves for themselves that this forum continues to ignore...

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 01:01:01 AM »
The west will never be back on top. People complain that new west artists dont get no love on this site, but when people post up some shit from odd future lil b and them the thread goes nowhere. Thet rather get butthurt when somebody calls pac a piece of shit.
Nobody gave a fuck about k.dot on here til dre mentioned him then y'all started paying attention. Its like you need to see dres seal of approval before you'll fuck with them

Well it's a good thing people outside of these west coast boards are more accepting of the newer acts.

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 02:13:53 AM »
its not about new act or old acts....these new acts are releasing garbage. and everytime theres an album promised its cancelled.

Crooked I has been giving us freestyles for the past decade...im interested in albums not mixtape trash. So if there is an album out, ill buy it regardless of whether its an old/new artist.
Eg. Tech9ne could care less about being on MTV or being popular with the masses...but he still just put an album out. That "All 6's and 7's" is hot !

some of you expect another All Eyes On Me...thats never gonna happen again. Sorry to say but its a fact.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »
im interested in albums not mixtape trash. So if there is an album out, ill buy it regardless of whether its an old/new artist.

So did you buy Co$$ Before I Awoke or Kendrick's Section 80?

Simply_818

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 07:02:37 PM »
Or they'll show some love til they disrespect dre, like what happened with nipsey. It was all good til " high til i die so muthafuck a detox". Its like he was disrespecting a family member
EXACTLY! I dont post much on this site, but Im on here daily. Its over flooded with Dre, Snoop and the rest of the dpg. I love they music as much as the next man, but damn, there is more music that bangs than just that. Nipsey, The Marathon Continues....9/30/11
I Stay On That Shit That Make Yo Bitch Act A Hoe Around Me!

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
west west Y'alll.........
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 08:47:29 PM »
I rep the west like my favorite sports team...I dont care whose playing on the team long as they rep the insignia of the w

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

LatinoThugPassion

• 'G'
  • Theze Nuttz
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »
thing is these cats over here especially the euros.. they want the g funk era back they are obsessed and though it was good times (my jr high school days) its a new day and the youth is feeling the talent.. tyga doesnt have to be from the hood if he makes good music there gonna bump it. Look at drake hes far from hood and a huge star..
Latin Thug Passion

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
Re: West Coak On Top....
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 09:51:50 PM »
Ya Boy/Kendrick Lamar/Jay Rock/G Malone are all potential heavy hitters for the west. Glad Jay Rock and Kendrick got their projects out and found a lane they can run through. YB is on the cusp of something big too and with Akon & Interscope backing him he can make an impact if his material is done right. G Malone may have gotten a bit stale but still is very capable. Those other fools like Lil B and Odd Future Im not really a big fan of but then again I havent listened to very much of their stuff either. Cataracts and Far East are great for mainstream music too.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 10:09:34 PM »
99.9% of "hip hop" is wack. fuck whos on top.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »
drake is big..he is a huge star...

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 03:25:57 AM »
This forum never shows love to the new cats so it's no surprise that the thread starter just found about the new west.

The west's also got Far East Movement, Dom Kennedy, The Cataracs, New Boyz and Tyga all doing their thing.

this forum also never gave a fuck about so called instrumental or abstract hip hop artitsts. And as far as i know there is a strong scene of this kind of hip hop in LA. Some LA cats who make abstract hip hop have made great worldwide careers.... but on the other hand instrumental/abstract hip hop is not an easy listening music. it's rather for people with advanced music taste. maybe that's the reason...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:33:58 AM by shoo »