Author Topic: dj quik appreciation thread  (Read 477 times)

papa-smurf

Re: dj quik appreciation thread
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 11:16:47 AM »
Dj quik is the most talented rap artist ever.the man make beats,rap,play the piano live on stage while he rap,dj & got the best stage perfoamnce i ever seen a rapper have,honest he the only rapper i could watch live.overall the man is  a musical genius like a rap version of prince.

polepositon

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 12:40:26 PM »
well, i was going to post some song links but I dont want to crash the server or anything.

makaveliapostle

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 01:14:31 PM »
it is truly no understatement to call this man a genius.  he dj's (as pretty much all of the greatest hiphop producers started out as), raps, writes, produces, plays several instruments, engineers (both tracking and mixing), and is a very entertaining, charismatic individual.  dude is articulate as shit and always a pleasure to listen to.  even folks who have biases against hiphop music will marvel at his sheer mixing abilities.  he's not merely just a good or great mixer, but one that mixes at an audiophile level.  and on top of all of this he knows how to make hits.  it's just a shame to see how the industry is now, where previous superstars like quik and snoop only move five figure sales now.  but that's not important.  the level of quality and consistency this man delivers time after time is second II none (pun intended).  great idea for a thread.  this man really is the quincy jones or the prince of hiphop...not dre, contrary to popular belief.  but aside from that comparison, the man is unique unto his own.  cheers to all the quik fans and especially to the genius that is david blake!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:18:25 AM by makaveliapostle »

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 01:18:32 PM »
shit mayne if i wanna listen to something funky and smooth ima pop in some quik mayne

jpsyco

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »
he was on fox 5 here in san diego this morning, interview + luv of my life performance.  and performing "tonite".  i recorded it on my ipod touch.

polepositon

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »

papa-smurf

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »
Damn quik beengettin some good promo 4 a independent artist.he was a t.v show in new york,he on the news in daygo.man only if he had frsher then me as the single.he would performed that on the news & guranteed he would of blew up again.luv of my life is alright but fresher then me would of put him back on the map like he was in the 90's

Matty

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 08:01:37 PM »
it is truly no understatement to call this man a genius.  he dj's (as pretty much all of the greatest hiphop producers started out as), raps, writes, produces, plays several instruments, engineers (both tracking and mixing), and is a very entertaining, charismatic individual.  dude is articulate as shit and always a pleasure to listen to.  even folks who have biases agains hiphop music will marvel at his sheer mixing abilities.  he's not merely just a good or great mixer, but one that mixes at an audiophile level.  and on top of all of this he knows how to make hits.  it's just a shame to see how the industry is now, where previous superstars like quik and snoop only move five figure sales now.  but that's not important.  the level of quality and consistency this man delivers time after time is second II none (pun intended).  great idea for a thread.  this man really is the quincy jones or the prince of hiphop...not dre, contrary to popular belief.  but aside from that comparison, the man is unique unto his own.  cheers to all the quik fans and especially to the genius that is david blake!

word to this whole thread and especially this!

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 09:19:19 PM »
i met quik today at the slauson swap meet idk what he was lookin for i think he was coppin some new dickies idk but i talked to him for a little bit and dude is a real chill guy mayne he real humble and down to earth hes really someone i would kick it with real talk

polepositon

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »
you know what else i love about quik music? the anticipation of waiting for anything quik, even if i may not like the track? yet, it may grow on me...is his music matures and grows right before ur eyes. its like he goes into the studio stictly for his fans yet we r second to what ever he thinks when it comes to his music. cuz, ultimately, even if he had not one fan, this is what he loves to do for himself. so, it is what it is. every time he drops sumn new...respect the game. cuz he drops new and improved evolved music while staying true to the west coast. love it. light years beyond his peers. behind all of em. now everybody want to know the truth about quik.?

polepositon

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 09:16:03 PM »
and my fav quik song at the moment is so compton. what a fucking dope laid back beat...slash....track. then luv of my life. i think im talking to myself. any body listening? yall dont love quik? yall tripn. this thread should be way two fonky fans. give it up. post up.

polepositon

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »
ima take my ass to bed but, every quik solo album showcase his evolution. yall ever notice that? quik is the name. way two fonky. safe n sound. rhythmalism. balance and options. uti....etc.. see how he dont do all that extra shit wit his art work on them covers? ever notice that? just raw quik. how he has changed, where his mind state is during that album etc... neway. one of his top three songs to date, imo, is change the game. and for real for real, he needs to make that last track on that album into a full song.

westside4life

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »
^ ol boy soundin like a stan

polepositon

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 11:20:52 PM »
man. i was tryin to find this kurupt thread bet performance and i happened to see ur bs. now, why is it that a person has to be off some bs if ur a fan? lets talk bout u though. i see your sig. lmao. from this night forward i wont even reply to u niggas popin midol. yall stay kotexd up.period much? i hate male groupies so just step the fuck off. dont ref no wack ass mnm in this thread. and take ur neg, ass outta here. again, i say, look at ur sig. yall kill me calling people groupies yet yall repin wrestlers etc...ur the gay one. im allowed to suck a dick if i want to. bitch ass nigga.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:26:38 PM by poleposition »